Windows 10: Can't remove Microsoft Bluetooth Drivers, tried everything I know.

Discus and support Can't remove Microsoft Bluetooth Drivers, tried everything I know. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Exactly as the title says, I'm having quite a bit of trouble removing the generic bluetooth drivers that Windows installs for you. Those have to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MoltenHeaven, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Can't remove Microsoft Bluetooth Drivers, tried everything I know.

Exactly as the title says, I'm having quite a bit of trouble removing the generic bluetooth drivers that Windows installs for you. Those have to be gone if I want to install Toshiba Bluetooth Stacks, which I need in order to use my Wii U Pro Controller in my computer. I've gone through a few methods to try this out and all have failed.

I started out by simply uninstalling the drivers on the device manager (or whatever it is called in English). Didn't work, as the drivers were back when I had to plug in my dongle to complete the installation for TBS. When I tried this in Windows 7, it worked flawlessly, yet in Windows 10 this method did not work. Afterwards, I tried deactivating the forced driver signature, as well as make it so Windows Update doesn't automatically download any drivers it finds suitable. On top of this, I traveled into the INF folder of my Windows folder to do steps that Microsoft recommended: rename bth.inf to bth.inf.old and bth.pnf to bth.pnf.old. With all this, it should in theory work right? Nope, it didn't. Not even after a reset.

My last attempt involved unplugging my PC from the Internet as a first step, followed by everything else listed above and then a reset. The drivers were still back, bth.inf and bth.pnf somehow magically appearing in my Windows folder when I have no Internet access. I'm at a loss as to what I'm supposed to do. Anyone care to help?

:)

MoltenHeaven, Sep 25, 2015
  2. zaknahhas Win User

Remove bluetooth Device windows

I have a problem with my Philips bluetooth headset. it was paired with my computer and working as usual until i paired it with my phone ! I know that nothing changed with the PC but the computer doesn't want to connect to it anymore. I tried everything possible
    and turning the wifi off (readed that in a forum) and delete all the drivers but everytime I install the bluetooth driver for my chipset comes the Philips in the device manager automatically. it doesn't matter. it comes again automatically ! and it is pairing
    as usual with any other device ...

of course it is not displayed in the bluetooth as a Paired device so I can't delete it there !

how can I remove it from the root of windows so i can install it again correctly !!!?

thanks in advance Can't remove Microsoft Bluetooth Drivers, tried everything I know. :)

Edit: 11.08.2016

Still no Solution.

Tried to edit the bluetooth service no success.

Tried to delete almost every driver still Appear when installing the bluetooth driver !!

Tried disabling wifi and bluetooth and uninstalling but it doesnt uninstall, just refreshing it and its back. No matter how its removed Windows keeps re installing the device on its own !!!

zaknahhas, Sep 25, 2015
  3. aprate Win User
    Bluetooth: Problem with connecting

hi, I've a problem with my bluetooth connection

These devises do i use:

Mobile: Nokia 6230i

Bluetooth connector: SiteCom CN-512

Everything is installed perfectly. The first time i did this everything worked well, till i got an update from Nokia PC Suite. I installed the update and after that he said cant find any bluetooth devices. So i removed every single driver and reinstalled everything.
    With the same old drivers i used before. But its still complaining about "can't find any bluetooth devices." And i dont know whats wrong with it. Can someone help me plz ?

Greetings,

Me

aprate, Sep 25, 2015
  4. donetao Win User

Can't remove Microsoft Bluetooth Drivers, tried everything I know.

donetao, Sep 26, 2015
  5. CCleaner has an uninstall built in as well you will find it in tools I have used that when had a stubborn driver or program to remove that you could not remove any other way.

hTconeM9user, Sep 26, 2015
  6. I am not familiar with the registry sadly. I have no idea about what keys I should be looking to delete. I'm in doubt as to what exactly I should do with File Assassin too, and nor did that Microsoft link or CCleaner help. Thank you both for the effort though.

Anyone else got any idea on how to deal with this?

MoltenHeaven, Sep 26, 2015
  7. donetao Win User
    donetao, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't remove Microsoft Bluetooth Drivers, tried everything I know.

1. Can't remove Microsoft Bluetooth Drivers, tried everything I know. - Similar Threads - Can't remove Microsoft

2. I can't access microsoft store or update windows. I have tried everything but I can't fix it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't access microsoft store or update windows. I have tried everything but I can't fix it.: This must have just started recently because I was able to open the microsoft store about a week ago. I have tried every solution around with sfc and dism with odd results. SFC runs and finds no issues but when I run anything related to dism in CMD yes as administrator I get...
  3. bluetooth button gone tried everything

in Windows 10 Customization
    bluetooth button gone tried everything: bule tooth button missing tried everything help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-button-gone-tried-everything/5bfefab1-a8a6-4385-a6e3-ccb17c66edc4
  4. Tried everything i know, what else can i try?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Tried everything i know, what else can i try?: 100% New build. version 20h2(OS Build 19042.630) Things I have done: Updated all drivers. no warnings or unknowns in device manager. Only Monitor, keyboard and mouse attached. Moved around one and both ram sticks through the slots. Purchased new ram. moved them all around...
  5. Can't remove any paired Bluetooth devices; everything just says "Remove Failed"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't remove any paired Bluetooth devices; everything just says "Remove Failed": My build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jkvVYg I just installed a new motherboard, and it has built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. Before this, I was using just a cheap USB Bluetooth adapter that I got on Amazon. I've been trying to remove all of my Bluetooth devices that I had...
  6. Help Microsoft I tried everything

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Help Microsoft I tried everything: Hello Microsoft team. I'm in a big trouble please help. I dropped my laptop and hard drive was damaged. I sent my laptop to repair and I had my windows activated with a digital license linked to my microsoft account. The repair person changed the hard drive and he copied my...
  7. Microsoft Store Not Working ! I tried everything

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Not Working ! I tried everything: Hello ! There is a problem with Microsoft Store. I have been looking into this issue for days. Nothing works. Please Help Me ! Error Code: 0x80070005 I also noticed that it says " You already own the App ". I dont know why [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. MS OneDrive will not launch - tried everything I know...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS OneDrive will not launch - tried everything I know...: I have never had this issue with OneDrive.... I download, install it, and it will absolutely not launch. No taskbar icon, no service. Things I have tried: SFC scan (found errors and able to fix) DISM restore health (found errors and able to fix) Compatibility mode...
  9. Installed Huge Font Collection - Can't Remove Tried Everything

in Windows 10 Support
    Installed Huge Font Collection - Can't Remove Tried Everything: I've made an epic mistake, and installed 30,000 third party fonts. They installed fine, but no matter what I do I cannot even delete one of them. I've tried Font Settings in Control Panel, tried restoring to default (doesn't do anything), and downloaded numerous font...
  10. Bluetooth Driver gone, have tried nearly everything!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Driver gone, have tried nearly everything!: So my bluetooth driver was working fine but it suddenly stopped showing up in my device manager. It still shows up in services and i tried all that "set it from manual to automatic" junk with no luck. Here's a rundown of what took place immediately before it stopped...