Windows 10: Can't remove Microsoft Screen Time

Discus and support Can't remove Microsoft Screen Time in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm getting ready to go to college and my parents have removed me from Microsoft family. It removed the content filter off my computer, but not the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by AR200, May 31, 2022.

1. AR200 Win User

Can't remove Microsoft Screen Time

I'm getting ready to go to college and my parents have removed me from Microsoft family. It removed the content filter off my computer, but not the screen time. I've even been made as an administrator on the computer, but the screen time still happens. I can't give myself screen time because I'm an admin and when I try to send a request, I get an error message because I'm not apart of a family anymore so there's nobody to send a request to. Is there any way to permanentley remove it off my computer or shut it off?

:)

AR200, May 31, 2022
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

How to remove screen time limit?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you want to remove the Screen time limit for your child, you can remove the time limit for one particular day for a given slot. To do that please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Navigate to
      https://login.live.com
      and login with your Microsoft account.
    2. Click on Family.
    3. Click on Screen time under your Child’s account.
    4. You will find something like in the picture below. Now, click on the slot for which you want to remove the screen time:
      Can't remove Microsoft Screen Time 62601958-fea0-4116-a3ab-160767b0a4b6?upload=true.png

5. Click on Remove to remove the screen time. Below is the screenshot:
      Can't remove Microsoft Screen Time 05d5d6fa-7c62-4615-a6a8-a0679b93b0be?upload=true.png

6. After removing the time, click on Save and check if that helps.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 31, 2022
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Microsoft Family Screen Time

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This could happen when the child account fails to sync with the server. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and navigate to the following location:
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls

Note:
      The above mentioned directory is hidden, copy and paste the same location on the search bar in the File Explorer to access it.
    • Delete the contents in the
      \\settings
      directory of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Reboot the machine to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may want to remove the child account from Microsoft family and add it again.

• To know how to remove an account from Microsoft Family, refer:

Remove members from your family group
    • To know how to add an account to Microsoft Family, refer:

Add members to your family group

Regards,

Junaid_A, May 31, 2022
  4. Can't remove Microsoft Screen Time

Microsoft Family Screen time is BROKEN

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Were you able to perform this task previously?

2. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?

As I understand your concern related to Microsoft Family screen time limits, let us try few troubleshooting methods to fix this issue and check if that helps:

Method 1: Fix screen time limits not working. Refer the following article on
    Fix screen time limits not working
    for steps to troubleshoot issue with screen limits.

Method 2: If the issue persists, I suggest you to remove and re-add the child account back to the family account. Refer the article on
    Remove members from your family group
    for steps to remove the child account from the family account. You can refer the following article on

Add members to your family group for steps to add the child account back to your family account.

Hope it helps,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, May 31, 2022
Thema:

Can't remove Microsoft Screen Time

1. Can't remove Microsoft Screen Time - Similar Threads - Can't remove Microsoft

2. How to remove the screen time limit?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove the screen time limit?: Hello, I have a problem with the function limit time. I am not a child, but the limit time as per attached. I cannot work between 22:00-07:00. Could you help me for delete limit time?...
  3. How to remove the screen time limit?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove the screen time limit?: Hello, I have a problem with the function limit time. I am not a child, but the limit time as per attached. I cannot work between 22:00-07:00. Could you help me for delete limit time?...
  4. Can't remove Microsoft Screen Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove Microsoft Screen Time: I'm getting ready to go to college and my parents have removed me from Microsoft family. It removed the content filter off my computer, but not the screen time. I've even been made as an administrator on the computer, but the screen time still happens. I can't give myself...
  5. Can't remove Microsoft Screen Time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remove Microsoft Screen Time: I'm getting ready to go to college and my parents have removed me from Microsoft family. It removed the content filter off my computer, but not the screen time. I've even been made as an administrator on the computer, but the screen time still happens. I can't give myself...
  6. Removing screen time limit

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Removing screen time limit: Hi,Removed screen time for my child in family account. Still not letting him in, when sending requests for additional screen time, says error occured but not enough information. Please advise....
  7. Can't fix or remove the screen time

Can't fix or remove the screen time: Hi there,Tried following all the steps provided but can't fix or remove the screen time for my kid's account.Every 3-hours have to re-allow screen time is a nonsense and caused too much of inconvenient to online classes.Please help to fix this permanently....
  8. Screen Time - Cant remove screen time limits

Screen Time - Cant remove screen time limits: My daughter's account she's 15 is part of my family account. When she updated her application a few days ago, now screen time limits are established. I do not want screen time limits. With this current Covid-19 issue, all kids are doing virtual online school all day, and...
  9. How to remove screen time limit?

How to remove screen time limit?: Hello, I have a problem with the function limit time for my child. I delete link with my child, but the limit time stay. Could you help me for delete limit time? Jeremy ***Modified title from: Problem limit time for my child***...
  10. Removing login screen delay time

Removing login screen delay time: Hello guys! I know the Anniversary Update is still very new, but has anyone found a reg edit that takes away the delay time when you press enter on the login screen? Better yet, any way to skip having to press enter and get prompted for credentials immediately? Thanks! 59480