Windows 10: Can't remove network printer

Discus and support Can't remove network printer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In the past when I have a problem with a network printer, I remove it and reinstall it. This time I've done that several times and it still doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GerryPeters, May 4, 2021.

1. Can't remove network printer

In the past when I have a problem with a network printer, I remove it and reinstall it. This time I've done that several times and it still doesn't work. Then I removed it and rebooted and found it was still there. So I see it's a different problem. It's not really getting removed when I hit the "remove" button under control panel/devices and printers. I tried a registry fix, but that didn't work either. I went to this website Fix for Cannot Remove or Delete Network Printer in Windows and deleted the Canon 410 in the registry key below HKEY_CURRENT_USER Printers Connections But the 2nd registry item There are no printers to delete an the last branch of the tree HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Print Providers LanMan Print Services Servers Printers I'm stumped

:)

GerryPeters, May 4, 2021

2. Windows 10 upgrade will not allow access to network printers

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might related to permission to share printer.

I suggest you to remove the network printer and try adding it again and check if it helps

Follow the below steps:

Step 1: Make sure that, the printer is shared on the network in the primary computer.

Step 2: Remove the network printer.

a) Type Devices and printer in the search area on the task bar and select
    Device and Printer.

b) Select the printer and click on
    Remove Device
    button.

Step 3: Restart your system.

Step 4: Add the network printer
    again.

a) Type Devices and printer in the search area on the task bar and select
    Device and Printer.

b) Click on Add Printer.

c) Let Windows scan for the printer and if detected select the printer and click Next. If the
    printer is not listed click "The printer that I want isn't listed" and skip to add printer by name or TCP/IP address.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 4, 2021
  3. KTR
    ktr Win User
    printer won't work on network but will over usb

his printer has a built-in print server.

What you need to know what ip is being give to the printer. Perhaps you can print a status sheet from the printer.

Then Go to printers in control panel

add a new printer

local printer attached, uncheck automatically detect and install PnP printer

create a new port, select standard tcp/ip port

a new window should open and enter the ip there where it says printer name or IP address (port name then should be also be filled as you go)

and pretty much follow the rest of the steps, you will need to install the printer drivers.

These steps is the easy, but not the right way.

The right way is to use the network option on the initial screw and search for the printer server...but that can be tricky to configure.

4. Can't remove network printer

Network Printer NOT RECOGNIZED!

Hi Laura,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Is your printer is connected to wired or wireless network?

• Are you able to view your printer on your network location?
    I would suggest you to try running Printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the
      Search
      area on the taskbar.

• Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.

• Select Printer.

• Follow the on screen instruction.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Can't remove network printer

1. Can't remove network printer - Similar Threads - Can't remove network

2. Can't find network printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find network printer: Hi,I'm trying to add a network printer, but i'm having problems finding it.I'm connected to a wifi network configured as public. I have network discovery for public networks activated on advanced sharing settings, ans it's also allowed on firewall settings, but i can't find...
  3. Can't find network printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find network printer: Hi,I'm trying to add a network printer, but i'm having problems finding it.I'm connected to a wifi network configured as public. I have network discovery for public networks activated on advanced sharing settings, ans it's also allowed on firewall settings, but i can't find...
  4. Can't connect to network printer 0x00000709

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to network printer 0x00000709: I went to advanced shared settings and disabled "Password protected sharing" so everyone can access the printer.But when trying to connect it gives the 0x00000709 error. What should I do?The host is windows 11 with all updates, the PC which need to access printers are one w10...
  5. Can't connect to network printer 0x00000709

Can't connect to network printer 0x00000709: I went to advanced shared settings and disabled "Password protected sharing" so everyone can access the printer.But when trying to connect it gives the 0x00000709 error. What should I do?The host is windows 11 with all updates, the PC which need to access printers are one w10...
  6. Can't get network printer attached

Can't get network printer attached: I have 4 computers running W10 in the house: OFFICE3, OFFICE4, SERVER, and SUZY. OFFICE3 has an HP Laserjet M203 attached and shared. OFFICE4 and SERVER can both print to the M203. OFFICE3, OFFICE4, and SUZY can all use the shared folders on SERVER. Today I tried adding the...
  7. Can't get network printer attached

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't get network printer attached: I have 4 computers running W10 in the house: OFFICE3, OFFICE4, SERVER, and SUZY. OFFICE3 has an HP Laserjet M203 attached and shared. OFFICE4 and SERVER can both print to the M203. OFFICE3, OFFICE4, and SUZY can all use the shared folders on SERVER. Today I tried adding the...
  8. Can't connect to network printer

Can't connect to network printer: Hello Good People. Can anyone help with this problem, please? I'm having no luck at all printing to a HP Photosmart 7760 usb printer (old, like me, but still works well), which is connected to an iMac, through a wired home network. The printer works perfectly from the...
  9. Network Printer can't be deleted

Network Printer can't be deleted: Network Printer can't be deleted. It stays in removing device status. I checked the registry entries and I do not see the printer. I also checked the printer queue and there are no print jobs waiting. I was looking around in the registry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Printers Then I...
  10. Can't print to Brother networked printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't print to Brother networked printer: Hi, I'm just wrapping up installation of a new computer, including a clean install of Windows 10. We have a networked Brother MFC-8480DN. I went to Brother's site, retrieved and installed the full driver and software package for this printer and 64-bit Win 10. There were...