Windows 10: Can't remove OneDrive/Documents

Discus and support Can't remove OneDrive/Documents in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've uninstalled OneDrive, after unlinking it and copying all the files to /users/me/D. Unfortunately, OneDrive still shows up under "This PC". I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JoeAndrieu, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Can't remove OneDrive/Documents

I've uninstalled OneDrive, after unlinking it and copying all the files to /users/me/D.

Unfortunately, OneDrive still shows up under "This PC".

I have tried to move it by changing the location property of the Documents link, both to /users/me/Documents and /users/me/D. Both fail with

Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected.

Access is denied.

I have tried this with the receiving folder existing and not existing, and with both file locations /users/me/Documents and /users/me/D. It doesn't matter.

I have tried the following without luck:

How do I get This PC->Documents to point to /users/me/Documents instead of /users/me/OneDrive/Documents?

:)

JoeAndrieu, Mar 31, 2021

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 31, 2021
  3. Save images/documents to my computer WITHOUT OneDrive being in the link

We suggest that you change the Auto Save location to This PC only in OneDrive settings. To do so, follow these steps:

If the OneDrive available in the taskbar, follow these steps:

• On the right-hand corner at the bottom part beside time and date, click the up arrow to get the OneDrive icon and then right-click on it and then select
      Settings. Like the image shown below:
    • Go to the Auto Save tab, Change the Documents
      and Pictures location to This PC only and then make sure there no tick for
      Photos and videos and also for Screenshots. Like what’s shown below:
    • Click OK to apply the changes.
    • Go back to step 1, go to the Account tab and click the
      Unlink OneDrive
    • Follow the step 1 once again and select Exit.

If the OneDrive is no longer available in the taskbar, follow these steps:

• Click the Start menu and type in OneDrive and then select the first result.
    • Sign in with your Microsoft account associated with your OneDrive and then follow the instructions to complete the login.
    • On the right-hand corner at the bottom part beside time and date, click the up arrow to get the OneDrive icon and then right-click on it and then select
      Settings. Like the image shown below:
    • Go to the Auto Save tab, Change the Documents
      and Pictures location to This PC only and then make sure there no tick for
      Photos and videos and also for Screenshots. Like what’s shown below:
    • Click OK to apply the changes.
    • Go back to step 1, go to the Account tab and click the
      Unlink OneDrive
    • Follow the step 1 once again and select Exit.

Let us know the result of your troubleshooting.

Genevieve Cri, Mar 31, 2021
  4. Can't remove OneDrive/Documents

Document Library hijacked by OneDrive after update

This issue may be due to an incorrect location target. To correct this, kindly follow these steps:

• Right click the Documents folder where OneDrive files are showing.
    • Select Properties, and then Location. Yours might look like this:
      C:\Users\Your username\OneDrive\Documents.
    • If this is the case, you will need to create a new folder, select all the OneDrive files in the
      Documents folder, and then change its location to transfer it to the created folder.
    • After emptying the Documents folder, right click it and change the location to:
      C:\Users\Your username\Documents.

Feel free to post back should you need any help with Windows.

Dennis Mop, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

Can't remove OneDrive/Documents

1. Can't remove OneDrive/Documents - Similar Threads - Can't remove OneDrive

2. I can't remove my Desktop and Documents folder from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't remove my Desktop and Documents folder from OneDrive: When I attempt to take Desktop and Documents out of the OneDrive folder, they are not moved due to the fact that they are still in the process of syncing. I have tried everything. I've tried pausing syncing, selecting "Always keep folders on this device", everything that...
  3. I can't remove my Desktop and Documents folder from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't remove my Desktop and Documents folder from OneDrive: When I attempt to take Desktop and Documents out of the OneDrive folder, they are not moved due to the fact that they are still in the process of syncing. I have tried everything. I've tried pausing syncing, selecting "Always keep folders on this device", everything that...
  4. With OneDrive Never Intentionally Used and Now Removed, How Can I Remove OneDrive\Documents...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    With OneDrive Never Intentionally Used and Now Removed, How Can I Remove OneDrive\Documents...: Windows 11 Pro, 64-bit OS on an HP laptopI am at my wits end! Every attempt to completely eliminate OneDrive from my computer has been unsuccessful and has frustrated me.I finally thought I had succeeded some months ago, but I recently opened my Outlook 2019 and discovered...
  5. With OneDrive Never Intentionally Used and Now Removed, How Can I Remove OneDrive\Documents...

With OneDrive Never Intentionally Used and Now Removed, How Can I Remove OneDrive\Documents...: Windows 11 Pro, 64-bit OS on an HP laptopI am at my wits end! Every attempt to completely eliminate OneDrive from my computer has been unsuccessful and has frustrated me.I finally thought I had succeeded some months ago, but I recently opened my Outlook 2019 and discovered...
  6. How to remove Documents folder from OneDrive when OneDrive is full?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove Documents folder from OneDrive when OneDrive is full?: I recently got a new laptop and when I was setting it up, I chose the option to backup Documents and a couple of other folders to OneDrive. I assumed that this would merely copy the files to the cloud, but apparently it actually replaces the local Documents folder entirely....
  7. How to remove Documents folder from OneDrive when OneDrive is full?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove Documents folder from OneDrive when OneDrive is full?: I recently got a new laptop and when I was setting it up, I chose the option to backup Documents and a couple of other folders to OneDrive. I assumed that this would merely copy the files to the cloud, but apparently it actually replaces the local Documents folder entirely....
  8. How to remove Documents folder from OneDrive when OneDrive is full?

9. OneDrive Documents and Pictures not removed after removal of Windows User account on...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    OneDrive Documents and Pictures not removed after removal of Windows User account on...: I have removed my MS/OneDrive account from a 4 year old Dell laptop, and am using a Local Administrator Account to access the computer. However, in File Explorer I still can see my OneDrive Documents and Pictures. I thought removing a MS account also removes all associated...
  10. Onedrive documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive documents: I uninstalled Onedrive from my computer as per usual as I don't like it running in the background and also just having its own folders. This time though the documents folder of the computer and pictures folder of the computer are both by default a directory in Onedrive for...