Windows 10: Cant Remove Random C folder

Discus and support Cant Remove Random C folder in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I tried to remove a folder within a second drive I have but it has a folder that acts as if its the actual C drive and I can't figure out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/OutlawM2S, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Cant Remove Random C folder

/u/OutlawM2S, Jun 17, 2020
  2. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Cant Remove Random C folder ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Jun 17, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows.Old Folder removed

just run the disk cleanup on C: drive to remove the windows.old folder, no need to get convoluted about it.

Mussels, Jun 17, 2020
  4. enso Win User

Cant Remove Random C folder

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

Cant Remove Random C folder

1. Cant Remove Random C folder - Similar Threads - Cant Remove Random

2. How to remove access to the C:\ProgramData folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove access to the C:\ProgramData folder?: I was trying to bind my medial play/pause button to spotify by changing .mp3 and .cda files to open with Spotify by default. But since Spotify came with the laptop, I had to find spotify by unlocking access to the 'ProgramData' file. I was unsuccessful, but now I can't open...
  3. How to remove access to the C:\ProgramData folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove access to the C:\ProgramData folder?: I was trying to bind my medial play/pause button to spotify by changing .mp3 and .cda files to open with Spotify by default. But since Spotify came with the laptop, I had to find spotify by unlocking access to the 'ProgramData' file. I was unsuccessful, but now I can't open...
  4. How to remove a user folder under C:\Users\. ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove a user folder under C:\Users\. ?: First show the picture of the folders under "C:\Users\.":My question is, "How can I delete the file named TEMP and TEMP.MSI?"A. The current profile situation:I have only 2 user-account in the computer now, which is "Default" and "HsuChaChuen".This information is checked in...
  5. How to remove a user folder under C:\Users\. ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove a user folder under C:\Users\. ?: First show the picture of the folders under "C:\Users\.":My question is, "How can I delete the file named TEMP and TEMP.MSI?"A. The current profile situation:I have only 2 user-account in the computer now, which is "Default" and "HsuChaChuen".This information is checked in...
  6. Cant delete a mysterious folder in C:\Windows\Temp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant delete a mysterious folder in C:\Windows\Temp: Hi. So this folder is just recent. I had it 6/30/2021 at 1:23PM.. its on the temp folder of windows... weird part is I cant delete it, I cant see whats inside. And its making me crazy about it. It shows "empty/ 0bytes " but why everytime I scan that specific folder on AV or...
  7. Cant remove Documents Folder from Controlled Folder Access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cant remove Documents Folder from Controlled Folder Access: Hi, i want to activate this option as it seems pretty useful for protection, but it blocks all my games from saving on documents folder That has nothing but app files as i save my stuff in another drive and its a mess to add every game to exception and lose progress. Is...
  8. Can't remove Sync Partnership (Cant remove offline folder)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't remove Sync Partnership (Cant remove offline folder): This is the second time [ATTACH]this has happened after I re-installed Windows 10 to fix it the first time. I have other computer which has 2 shared folder. I have kept both the folder in sharing to access from network. I found option for keeping folder offline which allows...
  9. Random Folders Appearing on the C:\ Drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Random Folders Appearing on the C:\ Drive: I have a few Windows 10 systems with clean installs (not upgraded) whose C:\ drives are filling up with random hex named folders; over 50K of them. From what I have read, this could be related to temporary update folders, but they are not being deleted. The folders are named...
  10. 6Gbyte hidden folder at C:\ - remove it?

in Windows 10 Support
    6Gbyte hidden folder at C:\ - remove it?: Folder named "$Windows.~WS" is about 6Gbyte. What is it doing? I had it after I upgrated from windows 8.1 to 10, but after a clean install I assumed it would be gone. But no ... after a little while it is back and it is STILL around 6 Gbyte. What is it for? Can it be...