Windows 10: Can't remove ssd from storage pool

Discus and support Can't remove ssd from storage pool in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] As stated above I can't remove this from the pool but it also doesn't seem to add to it either. The SSD doesn't show up anywhere obvious... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ThaGreatHoudini, Dec 20, 2020.

1. 333t Win User

How to remove a bad drive in Windows 10 storage spaces pool

Could someone list the steps involved in replacing a bad drive from a Windows 10 storage spaces pool? I cannot find any info on the Microsoft support site that is specific to Windows 10. Also, could you list the steps to remove a 'good' drive and replace
    it with another drive if the process is different?

2. How to remove external hard disk from storage pool on Windows 10

Hi Velen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern about removing the external hard disk from storage pool, we will help you with this issue.

Try the below steps to: Remove a physical disk by using Windows PowerShell
    and check if it helps.

• Press Windows
      key from the keyboard, type Windows PowerShell and select
      Run as administrator.

• Enter the command replacing <diskname> with the disk name:

• Set-PhysicalDisk -FriendlyName <diskname> -Usage Retired
    (If the pool is clustered, you will need to run this command on the cluster node which has the cluster resource for the pool online.)

3. Prior to performing step 5, you must wait for all active repair jobs to complete. To monitor the status of repair jobs, type the following command:
    Get-StorageJob

4. Type the following command: Remove-PhysicalDisk -FriendlyName <diskname>

5. Physically disconnect the old disk.

For further reference: Storage Spaces Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 20, 2020
  3. aestavan Win User

Can't remove ssd from storage pool

Storage pool with hdd and ssd

Hello

I have made a what I think is a pretty sick gaming pc but its slow because of the hdd and I don't have any ssds big enough to suit my needs so I'm wondering if I can make a storage pool that will have the os on the ssd as well as my games that I use the
    most on there as well like raid 0 but only frequently used files on the ssd and the rest on the hdd.

aestavan, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

Can't remove ssd from storage pool

1. Can't remove ssd from storage pool - Similar Threads - Can't remove ssd

2. How to Remove Drive from Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Remove Drive from Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you created a storage pool or upgraded an existing pool on your Windows 10 […] This article How to Remove Drive from Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. Unable to Remove Drive from Storage Pool

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Remove Drive from Storage Pool: Hello, I'm trying to remove a storage drive from a Microsoft Storage Space pool. It is the only drive in the pool and I did not set the drive up to be in a pool in the first place. Now I'm having issues with some software that is not compatible with storage spaces and...
  4. storage pools

storage pools: I have three 1 TB drives in my computer. Two of them are configured as a RAID1 mirrored drive, and the third drive is for backup. Today, for the first time, I became aware of storage pools, and when I explored my setup, I found that some space on my RAID1 drive is assigned to...
  5. Storage Pool

Storage Pool: My Asus VivoBook recently ran out of storage space so I have been using an external hard drive to store everything. Yet my laptop progessed into no disc space and wasn't responding to basic functions like the use of Microsoft Word. I decided to create a storage pool to allow...
  6. Storage pool with hdd and ssd

Storage pool with hdd and ssd: Hello I have made a what I think is a pretty sick gaming pc but its slow because of the hdd and I don't have any ssds big enough to suit my needs so I'm wondering if I can make a storage pool that will have the os on the ssd as well as my games that I use the most on there...
  7. Drive Removal from Storage Pool taking forever

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive Removal from Storage Pool taking forever: I read Brink's post about removing a drive from storage pool and followed it exactly. I was trying to remove a 1TB drive that was about 30% full. I started the removal about 2 weeks ago, and it is down to 7.6%. I don't understand why it's taking so long. I was under the...
  8. Drive Removal from Storage Pool taking forever

in Windows 10 Support
    Drive Removal from Storage Pool taking forever: I read Brink's post about removing a drive from storage pool and followed it exactly. I was trying to remove a 1TB drive that was about 30% full. I started the removal about 2 weeks ago, and it is down to 7.6%. I don't understand why it's taking so long. I was under the...
  9. Storage Pools

Storage Pools: Hello, I currently have windows 10 Home premium x64 and I am running a storage pool with no parity. I want to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro/Enterprise and I want to know if I will lose my Storage Pool and the information in it?...
  10. Remove Drive from Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove Drive from Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10: How to: Remove Drive from Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 How to Remove Drive from Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 [img] Information add more drives to the storage pool. If you upgraded an existing pool, you'll be able to remove a drive...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows storage space remove ssd