Windows 10: Can't remove storage pool, won't let me use my 2 drives on any pc.

Discus and support Can't remove storage pool, won't let me use my 2 drives on any pc. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Camppe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ij3kpe/cant_remove_storage_pool_wont_let_me_use_my_2/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Camppe, Aug 29, 2020.

1. /u/Camppe Win User

Can't remove storage pool, won't let me use my 2 drives on any pc.

/u/Camppe, Aug 29, 2020
  2. 333t Win User

How to remove a bad drive in Windows 10 storage spaces pool

Could someone list the steps involved in replacing a bad drive from a Windows 10 storage spaces pool? I cannot find any info on the Microsoft support site that is specific to Windows 10. Also, could you list the steps to remove a 'good' drive and replace
    it with another drive if the process is different?

3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. MikeBar Win User

Can't Remove Retired Drive from Storage Pool

I can't figure out why I can't remove a drive from my storage pool. I added a larger drive so now I have plenty of space, but it's stuck at .02% used, the usage of the drive is retired, and the repair process hits 99% but fails to remove at the very end.
    It seems to be in an endless loop as it keeps trying to repair, but I just can't get it removed. Even if I take the hard drive out, it remains in the pool. Any suggestions?

MikeBar, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't remove storage pool, won't let me use my 2 drives on any pc. - Similar Threads - Can't remove storage

2. Storage Pool Queries- removal of hard drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Pool Queries- removal of hard drives: Hi, Due to qty4x5bay Orico external devices, plus qty 6 single bay external drives, I will not have enough Drive Letters available from Windows 11. I am now looking at Storage Spaces, however there seems to be no easy way to remove/stop using a 5bay device as a storage space...
  3. Storage Pool Queries- removal of hard drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Pool Queries- removal of hard drives: Hi, Due to qty4x5bay Orico external devices, plus qty 6 single bay external drives, I will not have enough Drive Letters available from Windows 11. I am now looking at Storage Spaces, however there seems to be no easy way to remove/stop using a 5bay device as a storage pool...
  4. My PC won't let me wait the 2 hours

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC won't let me wait the 2 hours: I'm royally screwed my laptop started acting up and freezing I'm forced to hold down my power button to fix it but It happened so much today that It triggered the 2 hour wait time and now I'm stuck and I can't wait the 2 hours because my PC freezes I need help because I need...
  5. My PC won't let me wait the 2 hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC won't let me wait the 2 hours: I'm royally screwed my laptop started acting up and freezing I'm forced to hold down my power button to fix it but It happened so much today that It triggered the 2 hour wait time and now I'm stuck and I can't wait the 2 hours because my PC freezes I need help because I need...
  6. My PC won't let me wait the 2 hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Drive wont let me use half the storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive wont let me use half the storage: It is a 4TB drive and it only lets me put a volume in 2TB of it, while in the other half it doesn't let me make, delete or change anything regarding new volumes....
  8. Can't remove ssd from storage pool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't remove ssd from storage pool: [ATTACH] As stated above I can't remove this from the pool but it also doesn't seem to add to it either. The SSD doesn't show up anywhere obvious in disk management and I want to have it as its own separate drive. Please help, I don't want a hdd and ssd in the same pool...
  9. Unable to Remove Drive from Storage Pool

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Remove Drive from Storage Pool: Hello, I'm trying to remove a storage drive from a Microsoft Storage Space pool. It is the only drive in the pool and I did not set the drive up to be in a pool in the first place. Now I'm having issues with some software that is not compatible with storage spaces and...
  10. Drive Removal from Storage Pool taking forever

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive Removal from Storage Pool taking forever: I read Brink's post about removing a drive from storage pool and followed it exactly. I was trying to remove a 1TB drive that was about 30% full. I started the removal about 2 weeks ago, and it is down to 7.6%. I don't understand why it's taking so long. I was under the...