Windows 10: can't remove the pin code

Discus and support can't remove the pin code in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i tried to put a pin code on my laptop but it required an Professional or school account.i havn't so i did cancel the process but the pin code i set is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sedera Rijasoa, Jul 15, 2022.

1. can't remove the pin code

i tried to put a pin code on my laptop but it required an Professional or school account.i havn't so i did cancel the process but the pin code i set is still on. even if i want to remove it.

:)

sedera Rijasoa, Jul 15, 2022

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 15, 2022
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    PIN

Hi Matthew,

There's a possibility that the PIN code you're asked to enter is the PIN code of your Windows 10 user account. If you signed in to Windows 10 using your Microsoft account, the Xbox app will take the credentials you've used to sign in. Let's remove the PIN
    code. Here are the steps:

1. Click Start and select Settings.
    2. Select Accounts.
    3. Select Sign-in options, under PIN, click
      Remove
    4. Confirm the changes by entering your profile password.

Refer to
    Can I sign in to Windows
    without a password for the steps on how to change the sign-in options for your Windows 10 device.

If the same instance occurs after removing the PIN code and changing your user account's sign-in options, we suggest that you sign in to
    Xbox.com. This is to verify if there's an issue with your Xbox account.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Jul 15, 2022
  4. can't remove the pin code

Can't remove pinned office applications

My laptop is a Dell Precision 7510, running Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprice 64bit (10.0.15063 Build 15063) and Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus (1701 Build 7766.2092).

My problem is, that beside some useful apps on my taskbar, office has also pinned Word, Excel and PowerPoint. I would like to remove these 3 pinned apps. When unpinning them, they actually disappear, but after next restart (or restart of explorer.exe) they reaper as if nothing had happened.

I have tried following this "guide":
    Redirecting

I have seen the above suggestion posted on several sites, but unfortunately it doesn't help in my case.

When executing the script (or preforming the steps manually) all is removed, but after explorer.exe restart below icons always reaper:

• File Explorer
    • Internet Explorer
    • Outlook 2016
    • PowerPoint 2016
    • Word 2016
    • Excel 2016

Other apps pinned at the time is removed as intended.

Does anyone have a suggestion to how I can remove these unwanted office apps from my taskbar? And why do above list or apps reapear after deleting them from both the %APPDATA% folder and REGEDIT?

Thanks in advance.

Henrik Nielsen, Jul 15, 2022
Thema:

can't remove the pin code

1. can't remove the pin code - Similar Threads - can't remove pin

2. How to remove windows 11 pin code?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove windows 11 pin code?: How to remove windows 11 pin code? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-windows-11-pin-code/b6d5c0c8-98db-4b26-9bd3-acb161c3c192
  3. How can i remove pin code ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i remove pin code ?: _________ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-remove-pin-code/a65b3935-2705-4fdb-8da0-3858b7ca68ac
  4. How can i remove pin code ?

How can i remove pin code ?: _________ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-remove-pin-code/a65b3935-2705-4fdb-8da0-3858b7ca68ac
  5. Removing PIN code option is locked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing PIN code option is locked.: I wanted to remove the PIN for my windows i don't want to enter it everytime i open my computer. Why the option for removing the PIN is locked for me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-pin-code-option-is-locked/6fb11f8b-32b2-4a86-a9e2-6f20320e2e69
  6. Removing PIN code option is locked.

Removing PIN code option is locked.: I wanted to remove the PIN for my windows i don't want to enter it everytime i open my computer. Why the option for removing the PIN is locked for me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-pin-code-option-is-locked/6fb11f8b-32b2-4a86-a9e2-6f20320e2e69
  7. can't remove the pin code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't remove the pin code: i tried to put a pin code on my laptop but it required an Professional or school account.i havn't so i did cancel the process but the pin code i set is still on. even if i want to remove it....
  8. Windows 10 can't remove pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 can't remove pin: There is another post, made by someone else, but since nobody on the Microsoft team is bothering to respond to it i will post my own report. Note I am using Windows 10 home This happened during the first time turning my pc back on after resetting it, as an update had given...
  9. Can't remove Windows Hello PIN

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't remove Windows Hello PIN: I want to remove Windows Hello PIN because I don't need it anymore, but why I can't remove it? Here's the screenshot [ATTACH] Thanks for helping! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-remove-windows-hello-pin/6f3f1faf-5db9-41c4-bd13-43d852169b2c
  10. Can't login with Pin code

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't login with Pin code: Hello everyone, I am using Windows 10 (Build 10586.3). When I try to login with pin code, it takes long time then it didn't login. If I change the to settings ==> Lock Screen ==> and enable "show windows background picture on the sin-in screen" it works! I tried the...