Windows 10: Can't remove UK English language

Discus and support Can't remove UK English language in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm used to the US English keyboard, but when I try to remove the UK English it stays in the languages. How can I fix it? PowerShell doesn't find UK... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Emanbg, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Emanbg Win User

Can't remove UK English language

I'm used to the US English keyboard, but when I try to remove the UK English it stays in the languages. How can I fix it?

PowerShell doesn't find UK English

Can't remove UK English language e1d76b9a-998c-4542-b3f6-8d3f7dcf3767?upload=true.png

:)

Emanbg, Mar 18, 2020

2. Can't remove UK English language.

Hello,

After an may update UK English appeared in my language bar and i can't remove it. I use 2 languages (US English and Russian). When i go settings->Time and language -> Region & language -> i click on UK English and "REMOVE" button is not active (i can see
    it, but it's not pressable). Same problem with remove button for US English (remove button not active).

I tried to search for solution but nothing helped.
    Can't remove UK English language deeaa26f-3711-419e-bcc2-3f6865bf8163?upload=true.jpg

TiborTsuga, Mar 18, 2020
  3. After the latest update, the system language is UK English, with no option to change it.

Greetings.

So far, the system language of my Windows 10 copy was US English. After the last update, the system language -and the keyboard- changed to UK English. The option to remove it and replace it with another language and keyboard will not work.

I tried installing US International keyboard and removing the UK English keyboard and it worked for 10 minutes. After that, the UK English keyboard reappeared.

Since I am used to working with US English, suddenly using UK English keyboard -without having chosen to- is very inconvenient. Are there any suggestions for re-installing US English language and keyboard and removing UK English from my system?

Thank you in advance,

Giorgos

Giorgos_Kal, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Stewart_R Win User

Get Cortana to work in English (UK) for Windows 10

I upgraded to Windows 10, and Cortana doesn’t seem to be available based on the Start Menu:

Can't remove UK English language WwDxj.png

but when I click the link, it takes me to this page:

Can't remove UK English language a6AEm.png

which suggests it should be available in the UK, since I've checked

• my language settings are English (UK),
    • I have the English (UK) language pack installed, and
    • the speech settings are also set to English (UK).

I think this is everything, right?  It certainly ticks the boxes in the Microsoft help article.

How can I get Cortana up & running?

Stewart_R, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't remove UK English language - Similar Threads - Can't remove English

2. Can't remove extra language English UK from the "Windows display language".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove extra language English UK from the "Windows display language".: Hi,My language setting looks as following:why I have the English UK, in the "Windows display language" list while it's not one of the language packs below?And how can I remove it?Thanks!...
  3. Can't remove extra language English UK from the "Windows display language".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remove extra language English UK from the "Windows display language".: Hi,My language setting looks as following:why I have the English UK, in the "Windows display language" list while it's not one of the language packs below?And how can I remove it?Thanks!...
  4. Unable to remove English UK keyboard language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove English UK keyboard language: I have 2 English keyboard languages: UK and US. I want to keep only US. But when I go to language & region settings, I can't find UK language to remove it....
  5. Unable to remove English UK keyboard language

Unable to remove English UK keyboard language: I have 2 English keyboard languages: UK and US. I want to keep only US. But when I go to language & region settings, I can't find UK language to remove it....
  6. I can't remove English UK from keyboard

I can't remove English UK from keyboard: Hi there.I can't remove English UK from the keyboard layout. It is not listed in the "Language & Region" section so where can I remove it?I have read many articles about this issue.I have tried to remove it from HKEY_USER, and HKEY_CURENT USER I have tried to remove it by...
  7. I can't remove English UK from keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't remove English UK from keyboard: Hi there.I can't remove English UK from the keyboard layout. It is not listed in the "Language & Region" section so where can I remove it?I have read many articles about this issue.I have tried to remove it from HKEY_USER, and HKEY_CURENT USER I have tried to remove it by...
  8. How to remove UK English Keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove UK English Keyboard?: Greetings to allOn the language preferences in Settings I have a couple of options setup that I mostly use see image.But the language list that I see when I click on the top right corner is slightly different. It has two UK English options which I don't need, don't use and...
  9. How to remove UK English Keyboard?

How to remove UK English Keyboard?: Greetings to allOn the language preferences in Settings I have a couple of options setup that I mostly use see image.But the language list that I see when I click on the top right corner is slightly different. It has two UK English options which I don't need, don't use and...
  10. How to remove English UK keyboard?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove English UK keyboard?: I have only three language inputs selected in settings: Japanese, Lithuanian and English US. However, for some reason in that quick switch language tab there is English UK keyboard. It all would be fine if not that " and @ signs are mixed and this is quite annoying. Can...