Windows 10: Can't remove UK keyboard layout

Discus and support Can't remove UK keyboard layout in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello! I have noticed over the past month that I have an extra keyboard layout appearing. It is not displayed in the settings, only in the bottom menu.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Iskender Mamedov, May 26, 2023.

1. Can't remove UK keyboard layout

Hello! I have noticed over the past month that I have an extra keyboard layout appearing. It is not displayed in the settings, only in the bottom menu. I have tried deleting it through the registry, which helped for a while, but the layout appeared again. How can I get rid of it?https://prnt.sc/cWjQjox6N8Nshttps://prnt.sc/0Jppt24mJhgMhttps://prnt.sc/6__Oa0hY-GaQhttps://prnt.sc/6ilb-r7lgB0eSystem info:Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎2/‎26/‎2023 OS build 22621.1702 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22641.1000.0

:)

Iskender Mamedov, May 26, 2023

2. Keyboard settings (UK layout not working)

I have a UK layout keyboard (shift + 2 is "), but my computer insists on using US layout (shift + 2 is @). I use a Corsair STRAFE keyboard.

• In iCue (Corsair keyboard app), the layout is set to UK.
    • In Settings app, the system language is English UK. The Preferred language is English UK, and the keyboard has one layout, English UK.
      • If I add a US keyboard to it, and use Win + Space, two options show up to cycle through:
        • English (UK) - US Keyboard
        • English (US) - US Keyboard
    • In Control Panel main menu, there is only 'Clock and Region,' not 'Clock,
      Language
      , and Region.'
    Please any help would be great!

someguy171, May 26, 2023
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Cannot remove Keyboard Layout

Hi,

It is possible that you need to configure your keyboard layout that is why you still see it in the list even you already remove it. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps on this

thread
    provided by DikkeryDok last October 27, 2017 to remove the specific keyboard layout you are referring to.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, May 26, 2023
  4. Lekden Win User

Can't remove UK keyboard layout

Can't (completely) remove language keyboard layout

Yup, no such luck. My next step will be to temporarily install another language as the system language (like English UK or something), and remove US English as the default language and the keyboard, and everything, and then reboot and install it again and see if that does anything....

But I am betting it won't. And my reason is because when I was inspired to make my own keyboard layout I downloaded one another person had made, whidch was based on English UK keyboard, and it did not work correctly for me so I uninstalled it (and have since improved, I think, upon what he had done,) and I just now realized that that keyboard, which was under English language and keyboard, is still in my list as well. When I had installed it then UK English had become one of the available languages, and I have since removed it from being active and so forht. So, basically I did to UK English what I am propsing to do for US English... and yet that old keyboard layout remains.

There has to be somewhere that Windows keeps references all the different keyboard layouts available for the different language packs installed.... The question is where is that and how to modify it?

Lekden, May 26, 2023
Thema:

Can't remove UK keyboard layout

1. Can't remove UK keyboard layout - Similar Threads - Can't remove keyboard

2. Can't remove UK keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remove UK keyboard layout: Hello! I have noticed over the past month that I have an extra keyboard layout appearing. It is not displayed in the settings, only in the bottom menu. I have tried deleting it through the registry, which helped for a while, but the layout appeared again. How can I get rid of...
  3. Can't remove UK keyboard package

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove UK keyboard package: When setting up my newly bought device, I went with UK by accident. Then I added US and Thai to it and now I have 3 keyboards installed - Thai, UK and US. I want to remove the UK one but I can't because the package does not even show on language settings see snippet 1. I know...
  4. Can't remove UK keyboard package

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remove UK keyboard package: When setting up my newly bought device, I went with UK by accident. Then I added US and Thai to it and now I have 3 keyboards installed - Thai, UK and US. I want to remove the UK one but I can't because the package does not even show on language settings see snippet 1. I know...
  5. Cannot remove EN-UK keyboard layout?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot remove EN-UK keyboard layout?: Dear MS support team,I tried to remove the EN-UK keyboard layout from Windows. However, despite having been removed from "Settings", the EN-UK kept present in language bar, even after reboot.How can I remove it?...
  6. Can't remove keyboard layout although it is a second keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't remove keyboard layout although it is a second keyboard layout: [ATTACH] The remove button is grayed out. I use my native language's layout as my primary. Any help would be appreciated. https://preview.redd.it/034p4qo80gs51.png?width=478&format=png&auto=webp&s=4272d1e36ea4620a5d312dea10b3db0862fb9315 submitted by...
  7. Can't remove a Keyboard layout

Can't remove a Keyboard layout: hi there, i have a problem with a keyboard layout i can't remove it, in the settings i didn't find the keyboard layout that i want to remove. please help me out and thanks in advance. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  8. Removing English (UK) keyboard layout in Windows 10?

Removing English (UK) keyboard layout in Windows 10?: Hello there! Ever since the last Windows 10 update, the English (UK) keyboard layout appeared in my languages, and I cannot remove it. When I open Language Settings, the keyboard layout isn't there, so I can't remove it, but it is still present otherwise - please see the...
  9. UK Keyboard layout?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UK Keyboard layout?: I just ordered a laptop, and after placing the order I realized it had a UK keyboard layout. Is this going to be an issue here in the US. It is a Google Pixelbook. 122871
  10. UK keyboard layout

UK keyboard layout: Cannot change keyboard to UK . Instructions incomplete https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/uk-keyboard-layout/d6329e7f-49be-4dce-b00d-041aaf9c7e36