Windows 10: Can't remove UK keyboard package

Discus and support Can't remove UK keyboard package in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When setting up my newly bought device, I went with UK by accident. Then I added US and Thai to it and now I have 3 keyboards installed - Thai, UK and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Anchisa Saikaew, Nov 30, 2021.

1. Can't remove UK keyboard package

When setting up my newly bought device, I went with UK by accident. Then I added US and Thai to it and now I have 3 keyboards installed - Thai, UK and US. I want to remove the UK one but I can't because the package does not even show on language settings see snippet 1. I know the UK one is still there because when I switch languages I encounter English keyboards twice before reaching Thai, plus UK does show up on the language taskbar see snippet 2 - how strange!What I've done : Following the advice of a forum from here, I installed the UK package totally again until it showed on the langua

:)

Anchisa Saikaew, Nov 30, 2021
  2. keith_uk Win User

Install UK Extended keyboard [ENG UKX] and remove UK keyboard [ENG UK]

Hi John,

I think maybe uploaded the wrong screen shot. I had been playing around with the adding and removing the UK keyboard as well as the extended keyboard.

The current situation is that I can remove the UK keyboard and then I only see the two options, UK Extended and Thai, as required.

However, the UK keyboard periodically reappears in the win+space list. When that happens, if go to the language options it is not displayed under the input options list (even though it appears win+space list). To fix it, I have to add the UK keyboard, then
    delete it.

keith_uk, Nov 30, 2021
  3. Lekden Win User
    Can't (completely) remove language keyboard layout

Yup, no such luck. My next step will be to temporarily install another language as the system language (like English UK or something), and remove US English as the default language and the keyboard, and everything, and then reboot and install it again and see if that does anything....

But I am betting it won't. And my reason is because when I was inspired to make my own keyboard layout I downloaded one another person had made, whidch was based on English UK keyboard, and it did not work correctly for me so I uninstalled it (and have since improved, I think, upon what he had done,) and I just now realized that that keyboard, which was under English language and keyboard, is still in my list as well. When I had installed it then UK English had become one of the available languages, and I have since removed it from being active and so forht. So, basically I did to UK English what I am propsing to do for US English... and yet that old keyboard layout remains.

There has to be somewhere that Windows keeps references all the different keyboard layouts available for the different language packs installed.... The question is where is that and how to modify it?

Lekden, Nov 30, 2021
  4. p3qeel Win User

Can't remove UK keyboard package

Can't remove UK keyboard

Hi..

So after the latest update, I am unable to remove UK keyboard.. I mainly use Arabic and English and switching between the two is easy but not when there are three keyboards.. Arabic, UK and US.

before the update I was able to remove UK, sometimes I have to add it to remove it. but now it's added and can't be removed.

Anyone can help?

p3qeel, Nov 30, 2021
Thema:

Can't remove UK keyboard package

1. Can't remove UK keyboard package - Similar Threads - Can't remove keyboard

2. Can't remove UK keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove UK keyboard layout: Hello! I have noticed over the past month that I have an extra keyboard layout appearing. It is not displayed in the settings, only in the bottom menu. I have tried deleting it through the registry, which helped for a while, but the layout appeared again. How can I get rid of...
  3. Can't remove UK keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remove UK keyboard layout: Hello! I have noticed over the past month that I have an extra keyboard layout appearing. It is not displayed in the settings, only in the bottom menu. I have tried deleting it through the registry, which helped for a while, but the layout appeared again. How can I get rid of...
  4. I can't remove English UK from keyboard

I can't remove English UK from keyboard: Hi there.I can't remove English UK from the keyboard layout. It is not listed in the "Language & Region" section so where can I remove it?I have read many articles about this issue.I have tried to remove it from HKEY_USER, and HKEY_CURENT USER I have tried to remove it by...
  5. I can't remove English UK from keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't remove English UK from keyboard: Hi there.I can't remove English UK from the keyboard layout. It is not listed in the "Language & Region" section so where can I remove it?I have read many articles about this issue.I have tried to remove it from HKEY_USER, and HKEY_CURENT USER I have tried to remove it by...
  6. How to remove UK English Keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove UK English Keyboard?: Greetings to allOn the language preferences in Settings I have a couple of options setup that I mostly use see image.But the language list that I see when I click on the top right corner is slightly different. It has two UK English options which I don't need, don't use and...
  7. How to remove UK English Keyboard?

How to remove UK English Keyboard?: Greetings to allOn the language preferences in Settings I have a couple of options setup that I mostly use see image.But the language list that I see when I click on the top right corner is slightly different. It has two UK English options which I don't need, don't use and...
  8. Can't remove UK keyboard package

Can't remove UK keyboard package: When setting up my newly bought device, I went with UK by accident. Then I added US and Thai to it and now I have 3 keyboards installed - Thai, UK and US. I want to remove the UK one but I can't because the package does not even show on language settings see snippet 1. I know...
  9. How to remove English UK keyboard?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove English UK keyboard?: I have only three language inputs selected in settings: Japanese, Lithuanian and English US. However, for some reason in that quick switch language tab there is English UK keyboard. It all would be fine if not that " and @ signs are mixed and this is quite annoying. Can...
  10. How to remove UK keyboard?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove UK keyboard?: Hi! I am facing a little problem lately. I am using Windows 10 Pro and I have 2 languages for typing. EnglishUS and Bulgarian. But in the taskbar, where you change the languages, there is an EnglishUK keyboard. When that happens I go to the settings to remove it but there...