Windows 10: Can't remove unnecessary keyboard layout

Discus and support Can't remove unnecessary keyboard layout in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; He screenshot of my keyboard layout https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoHobQYmOKNGoJYuAJf4LiBFaEmB0g Control panel settings do not provide a tool for removing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Evgeni Nabokov, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Can't remove unnecessary keyboard layout

He screenshot of my keyboard layout https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoHobQYmOKNGoJYuAJf4LiBFaEmB0g
    Control panel settings do not provide a tool for removing "English Canada". How to remove it?

Windows 10 Pro 2004.

Thanks.

:)

Evgeni Nabokov, Oct 26, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Cannot remove Keyboard Layout

Hi,

It is possible that you need to configure your keyboard layout that is why you still see it in the list even you already remove it. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps on this

thread
    provided by DikkeryDok last October 27, 2017 to remove the specific keyboard layout you are referring to.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 26, 2020
  3. how to remove keyboard layout on Windows 10?

Hi Eric,

We regret the inconvenience caused.

The above issue might occur due to the following reasons:

• Country & Region settings not enabling you to delete the keyboard language set on the PC.
    • Not choosing appropriate default keyboard layout.

Before we assist you further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Did you try removing the keyboard layouts from Settings page?
    • If yes, does the issue persists even after removing the keyboard layout?

By removing the Keyboard layout from system Settings page, the language will be removed from the PC. However, if needed, you can download the same from system
    Settings page and check if the changes made are effective.

You can remove the keyboard layout either from system Settings page or
    Control panel. Follow either of the steps below to remove the keyboard layout and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: System Settings window.

• Press Windows logo + I keys on the keyboard to open
      Settings
      page.
    • Click on Time & language from the options and select
      Region & language
      from the left side panel of the window.
    • Click on the keyboard language you want to remove under Languages and click on
      Remove.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Step 2: Control panel.

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Control panel from the context menu.
    • Click on View by option located at the top right corner of the window and select
      Large icons from the dropdown bar.
    • From the panel, click on Language.
    • Under Change your language preferences click on the keyboard layout to remove and click on the
      Remove button which will now be available to use.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the keyboard layout language removed from the PC for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 26, 2020
  4. ryloth Win User

Can't remove unnecessary keyboard layout

Unable to remove a 'default' language/keyboard layout

Dear dalchina,
    thank you for the reply, but I am probably missing something.
    As you can see from the attached picture, language settings DOES NOT list the keyboard layout I want to remove (ENG INTL). So, how can I remove a layout that is not listed in the Language settings?

Gianluca

Can't remove unnecessary keyboard layout [​IMG]

ryloth, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

Can't remove unnecessary keyboard layout

1. Can't remove unnecessary keyboard layout - Similar Threads - Can't remove unnecessary

2. Unnecessary keyboard layouts getting added by themselves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unnecessary keyboard layouts getting added by themselves: is there a way to delete unwanted keyboard layouts. earlier i only had 2, indian and us or uk. now i have 4 and i didnt even add them. like why would i need indonesian layout?? therefore, please tell me a way to remove keyboard layouts, if it is possible...
  3. Unnecessary keyboard layouts getting added by themselves

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unnecessary keyboard layouts getting added by themselves: is there a way to delete unwanted keyboard layouts. earlier i only had 2, indian and us or uk. now i have 4 and i didnt even add them. like why would i need indonesian layout?? therefore, please tell me a way to remove keyboard layouts, if it is possible...
  4. How to remove unnecessary language layouts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove unnecessary language layouts?: How to remove unnecessary language layouts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-unnecessary-language-layouts/b6a59c09-4fee-4520-9db4-69d4e2e2e7b7
  5. How to remove unnecessary language layouts?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove unnecessary language layouts?: How to remove unnecessary language layouts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-unnecessary-language-layouts/b6a59c09-4fee-4520-9db4-69d4e2e2e7b7
  6. How to remove unnecessary language layouts?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Can't remove keyboard layout although it is a second keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't remove keyboard layout although it is a second keyboard layout: [ATTACH] The remove button is grayed out. I use my native language's layout as my primary. Any help would be appreciated. https://preview.redd.it/034p4qo80gs51.png?width=478&format=png&auto=webp&s=4272d1e36ea4620a5d312dea10b3db0862fb9315 submitted by...
  8. I can't remove a layout keyboard

I can't remove a layout keyboard: Hi all, I have installed Windows 10 pro "English US" as regional setting except keyboard layout that is set to Italian because I have a keyboard with italian layout. When I press Shift + CTRL my system switch to "US layout". I have tried to remove it but i can't find it. In...
  9. Can't remove a Keyboard layout

Can't remove a Keyboard layout: hi there, i have a problem with a keyboard layout i can't remove it, in the settings i didn't find the keyboard layout that i want to remove. please help me out and thanks in advance. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  10. Can't remove a certain keyboard layout.

Can't remove a certain keyboard layout.: Hello. So, my problem is i have recently had my laptop formatted. Everything was fine until I noticed, that i have a one layout which i can't remove. And that makes me go angery. What I want to remove is "English United Kingdom Polish Programmers [ATTACH] I'm pretty sure...