Windows 10: Can't Remove Websites from "ALWAYS ALLOWED" Content Restrictions on Child's Account in...

Discus and support Can't Remove Websites from "ALWAYS ALLOWED" Content Restrictions on Child's Account in... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; The "REMOVE" button does not work when trying to remove a website from the "Always Allowed" web browsing content restrictions on one of my kids'... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by BMG, Jan 4, 2020.

1. BMG
    BMG Win User

Can't Remove Websites from "ALWAYS ALLOWED" Content Restrictions on Child's Account in...

The "REMOVE" button does not work when trying to remove a website from the "Always Allowed" web browsing content restrictions on one of my kids' accounts in Microsoft Family. It let me remove a handful of sites from the list, but there are 10 or so that clicking the "remove" button does nothing.

Can someone from Microsoft explain to me how to fix this? This was posted a year ago but someone answered with an answer that did not help saying to use Edge instead and now the thread is locked.

It seems that if the web site in the list has content after the website name, then the site can't be removed from the list, e.g.

accounts.google.com/AddSession?service=classroom&continue=https://classroom.google.com/

cannot be removed but

accounts.google.com

can be removed.

:)

2. mcdanjw Win User

Can't Remove Websites from "ALWAYS ALLOWED" Content Restrictions on Child's Account in Microsoft Family

The "REMOVE" button does not work when trying to remove a website from the "Always Allowed" web browsing content restrictions on one of my kids' accounts in Microsoft Family. It let me remove a handful of sites from the list, but there are 10 or so that
    clicking the "remove" button does nothing.

Can someone from Microsoft explain to me how to fix this?

Can't Remove Websites from "ALWAYS ALLOWED" Content Restrictions on Child's Account in... 0a40ff63-aedb-49a4-9219-3dc6c081a19a?upload=true.jpg

mcdanjw, Jan 4, 2020
  3. Noela Tum Win User
    Adding websites to child account

Hello Deepak,

Microsoft Family is a benefit of having a Microsoft account because it helps families stay connected and keeps kids safer on Windows 10. One of the Microsoft Family feature is content restrictions.

Content restrictions like Web browsing determines what kind of sites your child can access using their profile. We block many sites automatically, but you can also block or allow specific sites, or choose to only allow your child to visit
    sites you’ve told us are OK. To adjust your child's web browsing restrictions, select
    Settings.

Under the Web browsing option, you can explicitly allow and block websites. If you elected to only see websites like Outlook.com and Online Stopwatch on the
    Allowed list, then this will be where you will add websites to the
    Always allow these list.

You can also check out this article to
    see your child's device use with activity reports
    and
    how to manage your Family settings

Hope this helps and let us know if you have any questions.

Noela Tum, Jan 4, 2020
  4. Can't Remove Websites from "ALWAYS ALLOWED" Content Restrictions on Child's Account in...

Microsoft Account - Family Content Restrictions - Always Allow

I have my account set up to manage three child accounts. I can set content restrictions by age without any issue, however there is a section within Content Restrictions that says "Always allow- When you
    allow specific apps and games, they'll appear here."

I cannot figure out how to explicitly allow a particular Xbox One game to be played on a child account. How do I add games to this?

BuzzMonkey, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

Can't Remove Websites from "ALWAYS ALLOWED" Content Restrictions on Child's Account in...

1. Can't Remove Websites from "ALWAYS ALLOWED" Content Restrictions on Child's Account in... - Similar Threads - Can't Remove Websites

2. Blocking websites from child access- Websites are still connecting on child account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocking websites from child access- Websites are still connecting on child account: I am setting up parental controls and am finding websites I've added to the blocked list are still accessible when searched. How do I fix this issue?...
  3. Remove parental controls and restrictions from MS child account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove parental controls and restrictions from MS child account?: Microsoft Family is a huge pain and almost totally useless, so I want to remove parental restrictions from my son's account. Do I just need to go into the Family settings in my account, and remove his account from my family? He is 12 years old; will Microsoft still apply...
  4. child account restrictions

child account restrictions: Hi, I have set up an account on my PC for my child and have successfully restricted his internet access to only the list of sites that I have approved. However, on the bottom taskbar, there is a search box that returns previews of web search results, including pictures, if...
  5. Can't remove child account

Can't remove child account: Back when I first setup my 'family' with my kids accounts I accidentally put in my daughter's email address incorrectly. However, this account still showed up in my family list, just with the wrong email. Now when I try to remove the account it says I need to, "Select Manage...
  6. Content restrictions not working for a child account in Microsoft Family Safety

Content restrictions not working for a child account in Microsoft Family Safety: So i have a 12 y/o account on my microsoft "family". In the Family section of my microsoft account, I have the childs account activated and i have blocked inappropriate websites toggle on. Toggling this switch will block adult content and enable safesearch according to the...
  7. Links from Allowed websites are blocked for Child account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Links from Allowed websites are blocked for Child account: Hello, I have setup accounts for both of my girls. I also added a few websites that I only want them to visit. When my daughter goes to the website it is accessible except for any of the links inside the website page. If she clicks on a link within the main website she...
  8. Child Account Allowed websites

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Child Account Allowed websites: I have successfully set up my child's account with a number of allowed websites. for expample, one of them is a school resource and he can login to the main page OK. However, if he clicks on any links within that website, he is blocked and has to ask for permission to view...
  9. Remove long URL (mut be a bug) from content restrictions always allowed section

Remove long URL (mut be a bug) from content restrictions always allowed section: In the family section of my account, under "Content Restrictions", for "Web browsing" I have checked the "Only allow these websites" checkbox and listed some web sites. There is a web site from a google search that my child did, for a Khan Academy video, with this long URL:...
  10. Can't Remove Websites from "ALWAYS ALLOWED" Content Restrictions on Child's Account in...

Can't Remove Websites from "ALWAYS ALLOWED" Content Restrictions on Child's Account in...: The "REMOVE" button does not work when trying to remove a website from the "Always Allowed" web browsing content restrictions on one of my kids' accounts in Microsoft Family. It let me remove a handful of sites from the list, but there are 10 or so that clicking the "remove"...