Windows 10: Can't remove Windows.old at all.

Discus and support Can't remove Windows.old at all. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've had this problem since the 1809 update mainly, no matter what I try the folder is left over & states it can't be removed as it is no longer there.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Bastet, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Bastet Win User

Can't remove Windows.old at all.

I've had this problem since the 1809 update mainly, no matter what I try the folder is left over & states it can't be removed as it is no longer there. I've tried taking ownership & deleting from safe mode, I've even tried rmdir /S /Q windows.old but all say the folder can't be found.
    I've had this previously after upgrading to 1803 where there were remnants after running disc cleanup but deleting in safe mode has worked.

Can't remove Windows.old at all. [​IMG]

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Bastet, Oct 23, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 23, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 23, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 23, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't remove Windows.old at all. - Similar Threads - Can't remove old

2. I can't remove an old Work Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't remove an old Work Account: Before, Im using my laptop for both work and personal so Ive added my work account on my laptop. Now that i'm not part of the company, i need to remove all contents related to them. I tried to remove the work account but there is no option on my end. If I go to accounts >...
  3. I can't remove an old Work Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't remove an old Work Account: Before, Im using my laptop for both work and personal so Ive added my work account on my laptop. Now that i'm not part of the company, i need to remove all contents related to them. I tried to remove the work account but there is no option on my end. If I go to accounts >...
  4. Can't Remove Old School Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Remove Old School Account: Hi all,My University uses Outlook as our email service provider, and so I had my student email linked to my computer to provide access to our Microsoft 365 programs. However, recently they updated our email servers, and in doing so all of our old emails became defunct;...
  5. Can't remove folders from old install of windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't remove folders from old install of windows: I had to reinstall windows and now I have folders from my last install of windows I cant remove. These folders I had games from game pass installed to and cant remove that folder now. how do I remove this folder without formatting the drive? The amount of data I have to...
  6. Removing old Windows files

Removing old Windows files: Hi, I'm trying to delete some old Windows files. I installed Windows on a new disc and I can't delete the old Windows files. I'm trying to give myself ownership and giving myself full control. But even after I have done that the system says I need to get permission from...
  7. Windows 10: Removal of old (old, old) Windows installation

Windows 10: Removal of old (old, old) Windows installation: I have followed a few threads on manual removal of the Windows.old folder after automatic methods do not work, and none that I have seen has addressed the particular version of the problem I am seeing, which is that there appears to be a hard link embedded in this folder,...
  8. Trying to remove old uninstalled entries in "all apps"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to remove old uninstalled entries in "all apps": I've recently installed windows 10 and I'm trying to clean up the start menu. The issue I'm running into is that the "all apps" has lots of entries of programs that have been long since uninstalled. I've deleted items in the old start menu folders and got rid of some...
  9. Removing old D:\Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removing old D:\Windows: It seems my old windows 7 directory (D:\Windows) is extremely difficult to remove. I already took ownership of all files (via Win10), but Microsoft, as usual, very aggressively hinders you in doing what you want to do. How do I delete these files?! Even just opening an...
  10. Can't remove Old windows file

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't remove Old windows file: Hey guys.. I'm using core-i5 6200 6th Gen laptop with windows 10. My windows was creating some problems so I had to reset Windows. Now I can't delete windows.Old file. I have tried disk clean up method but it has left some files and are unremovable. By deleting it says you...