Windows 10: Can't remove windows security key

Discus and support Can't remove windows security key in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I never set it up and I don't have a key. I can't sign in to any accounts since it always pops open the "need security key." No I can't just turn it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ZhiWang3, Dec 6, 2021.

1. ZhiWang3 Win User

Can't remove windows security key

I never set it up and I don't have a key. I can't sign in to any accounts since it always pops open the "need security key." No I can't just turn it off since managing the security key in sign-in options require a security key.Is there any way to remove this short of factory resetting my pc?

:)

ZhiWang3, Dec 6, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Dec 6, 2021
  3. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Dec 6, 2021
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Dec 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Can't remove windows security key - Similar Threads - Can't remove security

2. Can't sign in with security key, using business account not Microsoft, can't remove Hello Pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sign in with security key, using business account not Microsoft, can't remove Hello Pin: Hello,I sign into my Win10 Pro workstation PC using my business email account not a Microsoft email and have always used a Hello Pin. Due to some recent events I ordered some USB Security Keys to sign in with instead. I have been successful in setting up the security keys...
  3. Can't remove security key

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't remove security key: Hi Microsoft Team I have been getting in my PC after boot up or trying to unlock it that primary sign in option is Security KeyI have never used or set up this as I only use traditional password.I have been unable to remove this option from the Sign in Options and no idea why...
  4. Can't remove security key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove security key: Hi Microsoft Team I have been getting in my PC after boot up or trying to unlock it that primary sign in option is Security KeyI have never used or set up this as I only use traditional password.I have been unable to remove this option from the Sign in Options and no idea why...
  5. Can't remove security key

6. Can't remove windows security key

Can't remove windows security key: I never set it up and I don't have a key. I can't sign in to any accounts since it always pops open the "need security key." No I can't just turn it off since managing the security key in sign-in options require a security key.Is there any way to remove this short of factory...
  7. Can't remove windows security key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't remove windows security key: I never set it up and I don't have a key. I can't sign in to any accounts since it always pops open the "need security key." No I can't just turn it off since managing the security key in sign-in options require a security key.Is there any way to remove this short of factory...
  8. Can't remove security key

Can't remove security key: Hello, when I signed into a Microsoft site today a popup asking for my Windows Hello pin wich is fine. Biut under the pin option is, "use secure key" when i select it, it asks me to insert said usb key... I do not have one or have never set one up. On windows 10 in...
  9. Can't Remove App from Windows Security

Can't Remove App from Windows Security: The Windows Security icon in my system tray has a little yellow exclamation mark in its lower right corner. When I click, it brings up "Protection History", which is automatically Filtered by "Blocked Items". It shows a "Potentially unwanted app found". I have tried to...
  10. Removing Intel Security True Key .

Removing Intel Security True Key .: How, exactly does one get rid of this? I ran the "uninstall" from the program files, and it no longer appears in c:/program files. It also removed the "Short Cut". However if I power off and then on again, It still appears at the login/passport window.. I can't find where...