Windows 10: Cant remove Windowsapps folder left after game pass.

Discus and support Cant remove Windowsapps folder left after game pass. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello I had to reinstall my windows since my SSD failed. I had on another disk some games that I downloaded through the game pass. Now I reinstalled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Macksik, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Cant remove Windowsapps folder left after game pass.

Hello

I had to reinstall my windows since my SSD failed. I had on another disk some games that I downloaded through the game pass. Now I reinstalled the game pass program and it doesn't see those games, I also can't link the folder with games.

And if I try to shift+delete entire folder with games(Windowsapps) It does not let me. I took the ownership of windowsapps and all the subfolders, yet I am getting the error 0x80004005. Right now it takes 170GB on my disk, any solution without formating the entire disk?

submitted by /u/Macksik
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Macksik, Aug 14, 2020

2. Cannot delete the WindowsApps folder (made by Game Pass PC)

So I had to format my SSD but I didn't delete anything from my D drive.. So the problem is that when I reinstalled Game Pass, I cant switch the default install location to D because there is the "WindowsApps" folder which cannot be deleted. (before the reason
    was permissions but now its that "The folder or a file in it is opened in another program" I cant remember the quote but you know what I mean .. I'm about to freak out with this..

Here is some steps I've tried

Changed the permissions, I have full access according to windows.

Force delete from CMD

Disk cleaner programs

(Cant delete any games because Game Pass app doesn't think I have games)

resmon.exe and looked at associated handles, ended tasks there.

Gothicpolar, Aug 14, 2020
  3. How to remove files in WindowsApps folder?

I bought a pc like 8 months ago and I bought xbox game pass for pc and downloaded few games. Then I had to reboot my pc, and all my GAMES were gone but the windowsapps folders didn't go anywhere. For example I downloaded Wolfenstein 2, I don't have the
    game anymore but I have the file in windowsapps (53gb) and I am so tired of trying to fix this. Please help.

NoJudgering, Aug 14, 2020
  4. RoshanV S Win User

Cant remove Windowsapps folder left after game pass.

uninstalled game pass games and yet they are in windowsapps ****

Why don't you take full ownership of your windowsapp folder then manually delete the game files.

RoshanV S, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

Cant remove Windowsapps folder left after game pass.

1. Cant remove Windowsapps folder left after game pass. - Similar Threads - Cant remove Windowsapps

2. 4oGB of data are left on my system after uninstalling a game pass game.,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    4oGB of data are left on my system after uninstalling a game pass game.,: It has been a known issue for at least 2 years and it hasn't been fixed. Even an application like windirstat can't detect them which is ridiculous. The drive properties menu is telling me that I have used 195GB of data, but windirstat can only find 140. Do I really have to...
  3. Acess for WindowsApps game folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acess for WindowsApps game folders: How may I put files into WindowsApps game folders Program Files\WindowsApps... like game modifications and change language modifications? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/acess-for-windowsapps-game-folders/7afc2022-a723-423b-b651-1143a09d9ad7
  4. cant change windowsapps folder name

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    cant change windowsapps folder name: i wanted to delete it so i could install gamepass games, but i need to change the name of the folder to be able to delete it. When i try to delete it it says that i need permission from everyone even thought its the only account in my pc. submitted by /u/NachoSeventeen...
  5. Xbox Game pass WindowsApps folder help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Xbox Game pass WindowsApps folder help: Hello I am having an issue with my computer. I used to have the xbox game pass beta installed on my pc and it created a windows apps folder to store the games. some stuff happened to my pcs performance so i reset my pc but kept my files. The game pass beta app was deleted but...
  6. Cannot delete the WindowsApps folder made by Game Pass PC

Cannot delete the WindowsApps folder made by Game Pass PC: So I had to format my SSD but I didn't delete anything from my D drive.. So the problem is that when I reinstalled Game Pass, I cant switch the default install location to D because there is the "WindowsApps" folder which cannot be deleted. before the reason was permissions...
  7. Remove outdated WindowsApp folder installations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove outdated WindowsApp folder installations: Hi there. Im facing issue to get rid of some old installation folders, since Windows create new folder for new version of some apps, it leaves there old version installation, and i want to remove it. With this command Code: Remove-AppxPackage "FullPackageName" i can delete...
  8. How to remove files in WindowsApps folder?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to remove files in WindowsApps folder?: I bought a pc like 8 months ago and I bought xbox game pass for pc and downloaded few games. Then I had to reboot my pc, and all my GAMES were gone but the windowsapps folders didn't go anywhere. For example I downloaded Wolfenstein 2, I don't have the game anymore but I have...
  9. uninstalled game pass games and yet they are in windowsapps ****

uninstalled game pass games and yet they are in windowsapps ****: Thought i uninstalled ark and sot then i find out its taking up like 200gb or my hard drive, but i cant seem to delete the folders from windowsapps so am i just doomed with whatever i install on gamepass i can never uninstall. Also when i try to change my default save...
  10. Not permissions in WindowsApps from Game Pass Pc

Not permissions in WindowsApps from Game Pass Pc: Hi! I'm having some problems when trying to modify any file from the "WindowsApps" folder which contains all the game installed from the Xbox PC app. When I try to edit any config file or copy any file into the folder, I either get a "Not permission" error or a "Not enought...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc gamepass folders