Windows 10: Can't remove "work or school" account on Win11

Discus and support Can't remove "work or school" account on Win11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Greetings everyone,I am a subscriber of Office 365 Home and on one of my machines, I made the mistake of logging in using "work or school account" as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Brett Larson1, Nov 3, 2022.

1. Can't remove "work or school" account on Win11

Greetings everyone,I am a subscriber of Office 365 Home and on one of my machines, I made the mistake of logging in using "work or school account" as opposed to my personal account. This has now left footprints of the two accounts on my Windows machine and even though I am logged in to my personal account, I get a pop-up every 15 or 20 minutes asking me to enter my password, presumably for my 'other' account.I have looked up similar issues and tried logging in as a local admin to remove the account, but nothing I try seems to work. There is no disconnect button when I drill down into this acco

:)

Brett Larson1, Nov 3, 2022
  2. Chiblood6 Win User

Remove Deactivated Work Or School Email Account

I have an organizational email account that has been deactivated, current guides online say the following:

"If you need to remove an account from your PC:

1. Select Start > Settings > Accounts > Access work or school .
    2. Select the account you wish to remove, then select Disconnect

...."
    However, the only option presented at this section is "Manage" which forwards me to my organization's page to login. The account has since been deactivated with no way to get to the next step.
    I have been getting notifications from my system that "There is a problem with a work or school account click her to fix now" but obviously can't login to remove the account from the system.
    Is there a work around to remove the account without logging in?

Chiblood6, Nov 3, 2022
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    remove old school accout

Hi Anders,

I am Dave, I will help you with this.

Open the Settings App.

Go to Accounts.

Select Emails and Accounts, is school Email listed there, if it is, is there an option to disconnect (not remove) from that account?

Select Access Work or School, is school Email listed there, if it is, is there an option to disconnect (not remove) from that account?

On the left, click 'Your Info' is that school account listed on that page?

DaveM121, Nov 3, 2022
  4. Vesao Win User

Can't remove "work or school" account on Win11

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Nov 3, 2022
Thema:

Can't remove "work or school" account on Win11

1. Can't remove "work or school" account on Win11 - Similar Threads - Can't remove school

2. Can't remove "work or school" account on Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove "work or school" account on Win11: Greetings everyone,I am a subscriber of Office 365 Home and on one of my machines, I made the mistake of logging in using "work or school account" as opposed to my personal account. This has now left footprints of the two accounts on my Windows machine and even though I am...
  3. Cannot remove Work/School Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove Work/School Account: Hello,I recently left my college and am enrolling for university. I had removed the one drive, office and account details for my old college account from my PC. completely as far as i was aware. Reinstalled office using my university ID because then i can have the free...
  4. Can't remove school account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remove school account: I recently changed the password for my school email, so Calendar freaked out. I decided I don't actually need this account connected to Windows anymore, so I went to go remove it. So, I went to Settings > Accounts > Email & accounts, and it just spun forever:Then I discovered...
  5. Can't remove school account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove school account: I recently changed the password for my school email, so Calendar freaked out. I decided I don't actually need this account connected to Windows anymore, so I went to go remove it. So, I went to Settings > Accounts > Email & accounts, and it just spun forever:Then I discovered...
  6. Cant remove work or school account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant remove work or school account: Hi i have a problem where i cant remove my school account on my device. Firstly i downloaded microsoft teams and i tried to log in on the app but i couldnt then i logged in on the online version of the microsoft teams and somehow it automaticly connected with my device. Now...
  7. Can't Remove Old School Account

Can't Remove Old School Account: Hi all,My University uses Outlook as our email service provider, and so I had my student email linked to my computer to provide access to our Microsoft 365 programs. However, recently they updated our email servers, and in doing so all of our old emails became defunct;...
  8. Cant remove work/school account

Cant remove work/school account: Greetings, for past few hours i've been trying to remove my school account but sadly no luck so far. it just keeps telling me "this work or school account cannot be removed by system policy" i tried signing in with a local account and then disconnecting my school...
  9. Work or school account can't be removed from the device

Work or school account can't be removed from the device: I've got a "work or school" account to which I no longer have access. I keep receiving notifications from Windows that say that "it needs to be fixed". So I'm trying to remove it doing this: 1. Go to settings. 2. Click "Accounts". 3. Click "Access work or school" on the...
  10. Deactivated work or school account can't be removed

Deactivated work or school account can't be removed: As you can see on the screenshot below, I'm signed in to two different Microsoft accounts on Windows 10. The first one is my personal account which I use for basically everything. The second one is my school account. I've signed in to the school account because it came with a...