Windows 10: cant rename a .sys file

Discus and support cant rename a .sys file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; when i try to rename a .sys file this error pops up if i press No it doesn't rename the file and if i press yes a another error pops up saying I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tomsLt0, Jul 6, 2021.

1. tomsLt0 Win User

cant rename a .sys file

when i try to rename a .sys file this error pops up if i press No it doesn't rename the file and if i press yes a another error pops up saying I don't have permission , someone just help me rename this file .

:)

tomsLt0, Jul 6, 2021
  2. amd5750m Win User

rename inf

I have a 7670m 1gb driver crimson legacy, how to rename my 7670m (which in driver detects as 7600m) to 8670m?

I am something new in this I would appreciate it if you would give me all the steps since I am very interested

I use win 7

his is what I try to do but not rename these files

Does someone have a step for newbies?

this is more or less the idea in the link

16.101.X [Pre-GCN driver pack]

amd5750m, Jul 6, 2021
  3. File renamer utility?

Is there a good file renamer utility that's safe to use anyone could recommend? I used to use Gizmo's list for app suggestions but this particular application has not been reviewed in several years, so I don't know if those apps are safe to use or not.

I have many files I need to rename but keep the individuality of the names. For instance, I need to rename all files in a particular folder from yyyy.mm.pdf to AMEXyyyy.mm.pdf keeping the yyyy.mm data unique. Another folder has a ton of files that need to be renamed from yyyy.mm.pdf to Visayyyy.mm.pdf.

I had all this figured out a month or so back but have already forgotten how I did it using an arcane script in either cmd prompt or powershell, I can't remember which. And now I'm drawing a blank how to do it. Again. smh. So I thought a nice freeware file renamer might help me out.

speedlever, Jul 6, 2021
  4. cant rename a .sys file

Windows 10 corrupt boot file sfvfs02.sys

I had the same issue. You helped me to findout what to do. It seems that "StarForce protection" corrupeted computer by its drivers...

Computer cannot be booted even in safe mode, because this drivers are used even in safe mode.

What exactly i did:

1) I used Operation System Life Distribution DVD (Ubuntu in my case) to boot computer.

2) I renamed c:\windows\system32\drivers\sfvfs02.sys to sfvfs02.sy (or you can just remove this file... )

and then i renamed also these files:

%SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\sfsync03.sys

%SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\sfhlp02.sys

%SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\sfdrv01.sys

(This list i found here: http://superuser.com/a/93473/196494 )

3) reboot computer and it works!

Jan Vondrouš, Jul 6, 2021
Thema:

cant rename a .sys file

1. cant rename a .sys file - Similar Threads - cant rename sys

2. cant name or rename folders or files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant name or rename folders or files: hi ,whenever i create a new folder it just creates as "new folder" then when i try to rename it ,i press rename and it doesn't do noting not even a error message also when i try SHIFT = LEFT CLICK on it ,it doesnt do noting. also i cant rename all my other files please...
  3. cant name or rename folders or files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant name or rename folders or files: hi ,whenever i create a new folder it just creates as "new folder" then when i try to rename it ,i press rename and it doesn't do noting not even a error message also when i try SHIFT = LEFT CLICK on it ,it doesnt do noting. also i cant rename all my other files please...
  4. Cant Edit, rename or delete a file in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant Edit, rename or delete a file in Windows 10: This has happened with a few files before, after scrolling there doesn't seem to be a solution that I can findI've tried editing ownershipHowever even on the account that owns the pc the file still cant be deleted...
  5. Cant Edit, rename or delete a file in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant Edit, rename or delete a file in Windows 10: This has happened with a few files before, after scrolling there doesn't seem to be a solution that I can findI've tried editing ownershipHowever even on the account that owns the pc the file still cant be deleted...
  6. Cant Edit, rename or delete a file in Windows 10

7. A file cant be moved, deleted, and renamed. Please help.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A file cant be moved, deleted, and renamed. Please help.: While I rearranged the video and music files to each folders, I noticed some files won't moved to different folder. The display message is actually telling me its working on it but it does not progress from 0%. I tried delete and rename them as well but within 5 seconds,...
  8. Renaming a file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Renaming a file: Just had a "bios" update on HP computer and now I cannot rename a file without getting the message " Don't have permission to save in this locatin. Contact the administrator to obtain permission. I AM THE ADMINISTRATOR AND ONLY USER! How is this fixed … please?...
  9. sys file

sys file: There is error of sys file if you want to reomve this error then you visit our site https://unfitpc.com/asinshelp64-sys, it will be fruitful for you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-windows_skype/sys-file/414caabe-824d-4938-b5ee-70989d4c1a04
  10. Cant rename files/folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant rename files/folders: Hi everyone, i've installed W10 x64 today.. In the file explorer I can't rename any file or folder.. F2 not work, right click/rename don't work, and single left click over the name file/folder don't work.. The only that works is right click, properties, and change the name...