Windows 10: Can't Rename My Movie DVD's Name

Discus and support Can't Rename My Movie DVD's Name in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I burned a copy of my home movie on a DVD and I want to personalize the name of it. But all my DVDs show up in my optical drive as being labeled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DanMcD, Jul 4, 2020.

1. DanMcD Win User

Can't Rename My Movie DVD's Name

I burned a copy of my home movie on a DVD and I want to personalize the name of it.

But all my DVDs show up in my optical drive as being labeled "YesVideo"

I'd like to change the name from "YesVIdeo" to some other name like "Dan's Home Movie" -- but I can't.

If I right click on my optical drive letter that shows my DVD, there is no option called "Rename"

I am logged into Windows 10 under my user name which has Administrator privileges.

I have Windows 10 Pro; Version 2004; OS Build 19041329; Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2202.130.0

:)

DanMcD, Jul 4, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

I can't rename my user account

Hello Owen,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Are you using a Microsoft account or local account?
    If you are using local account, I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the user name.

Please follow the steps to rename the user account in Windows 10.

a. In the search box, type user accounts and click on User Accounts.

b. Click on “Change your account name”

c. If it’s prompting for password please enter and click on Yes. If you do not have password click on Yes.

d. Enter the new user name.

e. Click on change name.

If you face any more issues while working with Windows do post on Microsoft Community Forum.

Arul_D, Jul 4, 2020
  3. Unable to play movie in Windows 10 DVD Player

Hi Michaela,

Thank you for updating on the status. We apologize for the delay in response.

I would like to ask if the movie is in a Blu-ray disc.

I suggest you to update the DVD/CD driver by following the steps below and check for status.

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “devmgmt.msc”.
    • Right click on DVD/CD Roms from the list and select
      properties.
    • Under Driver tab click on Update button and follow the prompts to update the driver.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 4, 2020
  4. Can't Rename My Movie DVD's Name

Issue with saving edited movie in Windows Movie Maker.

Geethu B.

I tried to repair in the uninstall/change page..... But Windows 10 is not listing MOVIE MAKER anywhere on the uninstall/Change page.... so I can't get to your next step of repair..............

Guess I will try the Clean Boot suggested below........which sounds scarry.

Stan

stan ruble, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

Can't Rename My Movie DVD's Name

1. Can't Rename My Movie DVD's Name - Similar Threads - Can't Rename Movie

2. Tried to rename PC, now it has two names and can't be renamed again

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tried to rename PC, now it has two names and can't be renamed again: Hey, so since there are some people on my work network that I didn't want to see my pc, I tried to change it's name so they wouldn't know its me. I clicked on rename this PC in the About section of the normal windows 10 settings, and then I shut it down just to restart it...
  3. Renaming a DVD/CD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Renaming a DVD/CD: So i just recently burned a fresh windows installation dvd and now it will not let me rename it. I'm trying to simply rename it Windows 10 or Windows_10 or W10 etc etc and it keeps saying i lack sufficient priviledges yet i'm the only administrator to my pc. i've checked the...
  4. DVD movies

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD movies: My PC won't play DVDs. I've downloaded an app, but I cannot seem to make it the default media player. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-movies/ae17573a-7bd2-407c-9235-8308d9001ee0
  5. Burn Movie to DVD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Burn Movie to DVD: Matshita DVD drive will not burn a DVD. Power Calibration Failed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burn-movie-to-dvd/ab0531a5-10a6-4ba6-8e0c-2063af386d49
  6. copying a movie dvd

copying a movie dvd: I am trying to copy a movie on a dvd onto a cd using windows media player. I only have one dvd/cd drive on my computer. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/copying-a-movie-dvd/feb29d92-38b5-43f3-9827-f1262acefa25
  7. DVD won't play movies on my notebook

DVD won't play movies on my notebook: I have a HP Envy Laptop Windows 10. I have a portable LG DVD player. It will not play movies. It recognizes the DVD player will not play the movie. I have several DVD players installed and none of them will play the movie... HELP...
  8. Can't rename "New Folder" or change folder name

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't rename "New Folder" or change folder name: I create a new folder. It's highlighted in blue. I start renaming and only the first character is accepted. Then I right-click and choose rename and the highlighted character(s) are selected but when I attempt to enter a new name, again only one or two characters are...
  9. DVD maker and movie maker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD maker and movie maker: I still don't get why MS ripped these neat programs out. They were certainly available in Windows 7, no idea about whether they were in 8 as I skipped right over that OS. I am interested in trying to install them on my Windows 10 laptop. I know they can be re acquired via...
  10. burn movies to DVD

in Windows 10 Support
    burn movies to DVD: why can I no longer burn movies to a DVD. My computer says I may have to install latest update??? used to be able to make a movie and use Windows Media Player to burn it to a Disc No more what gives Please Thank You 39984