Windows 10: Can't renumber photo files.

Discus and support Can't renumber photo files. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.64) I did this several weeks ago but can't do it now. I suspect that an update may be responsible. I have followed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Syncopator, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Can't renumber photo files.

Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.64)

I did this several weeks ago but can't do it now. I suspect that an update may be responsible.

I have followed instructions found on various websites - all similar, but they don't work.

A solution would be very welcome.

:)

Syncopator, Nov 25, 2017
  2. 12695B Win User

monitor identification

how do you renumber the monitors?

12695B, Nov 25, 2017
  3. ossi---01 Win User
    Playing songs from an album in a spesific order

How exactly did you renumber the songs ? You just put a number in the Properties panel / Track number for each song ?

ossi---01, Nov 25, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Can't renumber photo files.

What exactly are you trying to do?

Edwin, Nov 25, 2017
  5. cereberus Win User
    The answer is 42 but what's the question ;-).

cereberus, Nov 25, 2017
  6. All of my photographs had numbers which were not sequential or had alpha-numeric names. I renumbered those, giving them a common name followed by a sequential number starting with 1.

I have added more photographs to the same folder since then and want to repeat the process so that all of them are similarly named, and sequentially numbered.

Syncopator, Nov 25, 2017
  7. Edwin New Member
    Select all►rename►press Enter; the numbers will have brackets around them though!

If you want to keep them in chronological order, you'll have to 'Sort by' 'Date/Ascending'

Can't renumber photo files. [​IMG]

Edwin, Nov 25, 2017
  8. Can't renumber photo files.

That didn't do any renaming/renumbering. What it did do was change my desktop background colour to the slide-show!

Syncopator, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Can't renumber photo files.

1. Can't renumber photo files. - Similar Threads - Can't renumber photo

2. Can't print pdf files or photo filed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't print pdf files or photo filed: For the past weeks I cannot print any photos or pdf on my HP printer. I can only print text files from notepad and when I try pdf it will gives me an error default for the printer....
  3. Can't print pdf files or photo filed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't print pdf files or photo filed: For the past weeks I cannot print any photos or pdf on my HP printer. I can only print text files from notepad and when I try pdf it will gives me an error default for the printer....
  4. how to renumber partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to renumber partitions: Dear Sir/MadamHelloa friend of mine has UEFI windows 10 21H2, disk0 partitions layout were System , MSR , Windows , Recovery , "D" Partition , "E" Partition,Recovery was Partition number 4, "match location sequence"He asked me to reduce windows partition size from 2 TB to .5...
  5. how to renumber partitions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to renumber partitions: Dear Sir/MadamHelloa friend of mine has UEFI windows 10 21H2, disk0 partitions layout were System , MSR , Windows , Recovery , "D" Partition , "E" Partition,Recovery was Partition number 4, "match location sequence"He asked me to reduce windows partition size from 2 TB to .5...
  6. how to renumber partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Renumbering a large batch of files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Renumbering a large batch of files?: How can I renumber not rename! large batches of files? There is a field in music files listed under the heading '#' which could be useful, although I would like to be able to change other properties, too. However, it seems to be very difficult to obtain much more than...
  8. Renumbering a large batch of files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Renumbering a large batch of files?: How can I renumber not rename! large batches of files? There is a field in music files listed under the heading '#' which could be useful, although I would like to be able to change other properties, too. However, it seems to be very difficult to obtain much more than...
  9. Renumbering a large batch of files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. How to stop renumbering in captions?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to stop renumbering in captions?: I am working with a many page document. I prefer the figures and tables numbers to reflect the chapter and subchapter where they are in. So I want to have, e.g. a table 1.2.1 -1 but when I add a new table in the document, Word changes the number as it wants. Could you help me...