Windows 10: Can't reproduce IconSpacing for my desktop

Discus and support Can't reproduce IconSpacing for my desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After some tweaking on my old PC, I had finally managed to find the perfect IconSpacing and VerticalIconSpacing settings for my desktop so I had them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bersekz, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Bersekz Win User

Can't reproduce IconSpacing for my desktop

After some tweaking on my old PC, I had finally managed to find the perfect IconSpacing and VerticalIconSpacing settings for my desktop so I had them written down. Now I'm using those same exact values but the result is not identical, so is it possible that I missed other settings?

:)

Bersekz, Mar 22, 2021
  2. Bersekz Win User

After some tweaking on my old PC, I had finally managed to find the perfect IconSpacing and VerticalIconSpacing settings for my desktop so I had them written down. Now I'm using those same exact values but the result is not identical, so is it possible that I missed other settings?

Bersekz, Mar 22, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Desktop

OK, here are the steps to change the icon spacing in Windows 10:

• Open Regedit - Windows + R keys, type regedit and hit enter
    • Navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics
    • Then in the right hand pane double click IconSpacing
    • Choose any value between -480 to -2730 where -480 represents the minimum spacing and -2730 represents the maximum spacing
    • Then double click IconVerticalSpacing - set any value between -480 to -2730
    • Close Regedit and reboot

DaveM121, Mar 22, 2021
  4. Can't reproduce IconSpacing for my desktop

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Can't reproduce IconSpacing for my desktop - Similar Threads - Can't reproduce IconSpacing

2. Frequent reproducible BSOD:DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent reproducible BSOD:DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3DMobo: MSI PRO X670-P WIFI MS-7D67GPU: PNY RTX 3070 XLR8 REVEL EPIC-XRAM: 2x16 GBs DDR5 7200 running 7000 in XMPPSU: Corsair RM650xSDD: 2TB NVME boot drive with 2x2TB SATA SSDs configured as a storage pool2560x1440 165 hz display, 2x1920x1080 60hz...
  3. Frequent reproducible BSOD:DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent reproducible BSOD:DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3DMobo: MSI PRO X670-P WIFI MS-7D67GPU: PNY RTX 3070 XLR8 REVEL EPIC-XRAM: 2x16 GBs DDR5 7200 running 7000 in XMPPSU: Corsair RM650xSDD: 2TB NVME boot drive with 2x2TB SATA SSDs configured as a storage pool2560x1440 165 hz display, 2x1920x1080 60hz...
  4. Can't reproduce this wonderful find!!! While working in Outlook this list of shortcuts...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't reproduce this wonderful find!!! While working in Outlook this list of shortcuts...: Can't reproduce this wonderful find!!! While working in Outlook this list of shortcuts popped up see image below. I obviously hit some key or combination of keys to make it happen but can't make it happen again. I'm assuming this would be available in Word also. Windows 10...
  5. Can't reproduce this wonderful find!!! While working in Outlook this list of shortcuts...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't reproduce this wonderful find!!! While working in Outlook this list of shortcuts...: Can't reproduce this wonderful find!!! While working in Outlook this list of shortcuts popped up see image below. I obviously hit some key or combination of keys to make it happen but can't make it happen again. I'm assuming this would be available in Word also. Windows 10...
  6. Can't reproduce this wonderful find!!! While working in Outlook this list of shortcuts...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Can't sign in to my desktop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign in to my desktop: Hi,I created my own desktop a few years back while I was in University and I used a Free Education Windows image that our university provided and it worked great. However, after graduating I've had it happen a few times where I am unable to sign in.When trying to log into my...
  8. Reproduce this old Windows 7 Shortcut

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reproduce this old Windows 7 Shortcut: [ATTACH] I have a Shortcut on a Win7 machine that basically does what WIN + TAB does. https://preview.redd.it/yflfmx7ogmk61.png?width=759&format=png&auto=webp&s=3e50d38569edc43d59ad317912e7740a66ed2f79 The problem is i need to recreate this (copying is not an option! I...
  9. Issues with iconspacing for Desktop icons on PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues with iconspacing for Desktop icons on PC: Hi, First time posting a question here. Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere, couldn't find any solution to this. I was adjusting the resolution of my display because I felt the texts were too big when I'm web browsing. I looked online and found out how to resize...
  10. BSOD Problem ntsokrnl.exe, not reproducable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Problem ntsokrnl.exe, not reproducable: Good evening! I hope someone on this board can help me with solving a BSOD problem I am carrying around since months now. My computer suffers from random BSODs (mainly PAGE_FAULT, IRQL_NOT_LESS and MEMORY_MANAGEMENT) since months and I can not figure out what is...