Windows 10: Can't rerun Compatibility check, after CPU not supported fixes??

Discus and support Can't rerun Compatibility check, after CPU not supported fixes?? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Dell Studio 540 running Windows 7. The CPU is an Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300. The computer is around 5 years old. I am trying to upgrade this to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by larrens, Feb 25, 2016.

1. larrens Win User

Can't rerun Compatibility check, after CPU not supported fixes??

I have a Dell Studio 540 running Windows 7. The CPU is an Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300.
    The computer is around 5 years old. I am trying to upgrade this to Win10 but I am having problems with the Compatibility checker.
    (I should add that the Windows 8.1 compatibility check runs fine and shows NO issues)

Initially, when Windows 10 compatibility check appeared on my computer I received an error saying the CPU was not supported”.
    Looking around at the time, I discovered there was a bug and some computers were incorrectly assessed.
    A few months later, supposedly once the Windows updates ran and corrected the compatibility bug, I did get a message saying my computer was in fact fine for an upgrade.

I did not do the upgrade at the time, but when I tried the other day, I got the initial compatibility error message again stating my CPU is not supported.
    Running CPU-Z, under “Instructions” it is compatible with: SSE2, EM64T and VT-x. (see attachment)
    My BIOS supports XD and CPU-Z confirms correct compatibility as required for Windows 10.

At the time, looking at Data Execution Protection under: “My Computer > Properties>Advanced System Settings> Advanced>Performance Settings> Data Execution Protection” all options were grayed out.
    I enabled it via a cmd prompt:
    bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOn
    bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx optin

The result is that I could then enable DEP this way and I have selected “Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select” (see attachment)

Hopefully all this solves the problem,*Mad however now the Compatibility check wont rerun (last reran a few days ago before I performed the above steps).
    I have tried the force rerun script as administrator: “schtasks.exe /Run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser"Yet the checker still wont rerun. I have also deleted the files in "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download". and then run (as administrator) "C:\Windows\system32>wuauclt /updatenow" as some forums suggest.

Still no luck in getting the compatibility check working – this is driving me crazy.*Mad

Any ideas why I may be getting this error, and how would I overcome it?

Thanks

:)

larrens, Feb 25, 2016

2. Windows 10 The CPU isn't supported

I have run coreinfo and everything matches the Win 10 CPU requirements.

I have tried to rerun the Compatibility Advisor but it does not rerun.

Why is Microsoft incapable of detailing the reason why it considers a CPU of being incompatible?

Microsoft continues to deprive users of the necessary technical details to resolve issues.

DavidPoole999, Feb 25, 2016
  3. DrKKVinod Win User
    Windows 10 Will not run on this PC message on a 64-bit Windows 8.1 machine

CPU not compatible!

I wonder why this message was flashed when Windows 8.1 runs smoothly in this machine (I am currently sending this message using my Sony Vaio).

I have tried to reinstall the update KB3035583, and after reinstallation Windows 10 App is not showing in the system tray. What should I do to do a rerun of the compatibility?

DrKKVinod, Feb 25, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Have you tried just running the upgrade from a downloaded Windows 10 ISO file or a USB/DVD created from the Windows 10 ISO file? Or just click the Upgrade Now button here?:
    Windows 10

NavyLCDR, Feb 25, 2016
  5. You don't need to run a compatibility checker. Your system will run Windows 10 fine.

DeaconFrost, Feb 25, 2016
  6. larrens Win User
    thanks for the responses.

How do I simply do the upgrade then because when I click the "Upgrade Now" button it open the Compatibility check & wont proceed.

Or, by installing via the ISO on DVD, will i still be able to upgrade and keeps my apps and software etc?

thanks

larrens, Feb 26, 2016
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    When you make a USB flash drive or DVD from the Windows 10 ISO:
    If you just insert it with Windows running and just run setup.exe from within Windows, you will be doing an upgrade that will keep your programs and data.

If you boot the computer from the USB flash drive or DVD, then you will be doing a clean install that won't keep anything.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't rerun Compatibility check, after CPU not supported fixes?? - Similar Threads - Can't rerun Compatibility

2. CPU not compatible?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU not compatible?: I have a PC that has an I5 6400T with a base clock of 2.21GHZ, 4 cores and 4 logical cores, and the windows health check app is not accepting this. What CPU do i need? Please advise really want to upgrade to windows 11 lol....
  3. CPU not compatible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU not compatible?: I have a PC that has an I5 6400T with a base clock of 2.21GHZ, 4 cores and 4 logical cores, and the windows health check app is not accepting this. What CPU do i need? Please advise really want to upgrade to windows 11 lol....
  4. CPU is not compatible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU is not compatible?: The PC health check app says that my system is not capable of running windows 11. But it meets all the requirements. Will I be able to upgrade to windows 11 when it comes out?...
  5. CPU is not compatible?

CPU is not compatible?: The PC health check app says that my system is not capable of running windows 11. But it meets all the requirements. Will I be able to upgrade to windows 11 when it comes out?...
  6. CPU not compatible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU not compatible?: Hi,I have a PC that has an I5 6400T with a base clock of 2.21GHZ, 4 cores and 4 logical cores, and the windows health check app is not accepting this. What CPU do i need? Please advise really want to upgrade to windows 11 lol....
  7. CPU not compatible?

CPU not compatible?: Hi,I have a PC that has an I5 6400T with a base clock of 2.21GHZ, 4 cores and 4 logical cores, and the windows health check app is not accepting this. What CPU do i need? Please advise really want to upgrade to windows 11 lol....
  8. not compatible cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not compatible cpu: it is quite strange that my CPU Ryzen 7 1700 eight-core Processor, is not compatible with the Windows 11, it works flawlessly and is much more strong that some of the compatible CPUs in the list of Microsoft.It would be great if you give another chance to this powerful CPU...
  9. not compatible cpu

not compatible cpu: it is quite strange that my CPU Ryzen 7 1700 eight-core Processor, is not compatible with the Windows 11, it works flawlessly and is much more strong that some of the compatible CPUs in the list of Microsoft.It would be great if you give another chance to this powerful CPU...
  10. CPU Compatibility

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU Compatibility: After switching cpus on my motherboard from a dual core pentium E5800 to a quad core xeon X5460 windows acts like it wants nothing to do with it. I have done many different tests and have concluded this is a software issue. My motherboard and bios are updated with microcodes...