Windows 10: Can't Reset after Activation and Installation of Win 10 Pro (64-Bit)

Discus and support Can't Reset after Activation and Installation of Win 10 Pro (64-Bit) in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I purchased MS Windows 10 Pro (64-Bit) as a $99 upgrade to Windows 10 Home (32-Bit). My intent has been a clean install. I have now done that through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MG Mills, Aug 17, 2019.

1. MG Mills Win User

Can't Reset after Activation and Installation of Win 10 Pro (64-Bit)

I purchased MS Windows 10 Pro (64-Bit) as a $99 upgrade to Windows 10 Home (32-Bit). My intent has been a clean install. I have now done that through a series of missteps. Question remains, can I eliminate the partitioned drive with 15Gb for Recovery?

The misstep included creation of partitioned drives, one of which retained my original files and systems as E:, while the new operating system was placed in a drive labeled Recovery C: This was not acceptable. Thus, the subsequent steps.

Here is what I have done.

1. Purchased Windows 10 Pro for the 64-bit operating system and did the download. No instructions provided.

2. I discovered instructions at Download Windows 10, I created the Windows 10 installation media by downloading and using DOWNLOAD TOOL NOW. (via a USB drive)

3. Somewhere in this activation process, an error was returned. Another MS instruction gives a 'generic" product key that allows the process to continue. (fun, isn't it)

3. Installed Windows 10 and in the process, partitioned drives were created. One was called "Recovery C:" and this drive only had 15Gb. Another drive was available called E: with 280Gb, it contained all of my old files and the old operating system (32-bit).

4. A reinstall was attempted, but it failed -- before success and the resulting question.

5. The failed attempt shows a selection for full RESET, but the screen notes a problem and no solutions. See 4 screen shots #1 thru #4.

Can't Reset after Activation and Installation of Win 10 Pro (64-Bit) 8456650c-464e-42fb-83d9-1bb554b8719c?upload=true.jpg Can't Reset after Activation and Installation of Win 10 Pro (64-Bit) a67b076d-b2c4-4a88-ae57-33837e2dc470?upload=true.jpg

Can't Reset after Activation and Installation of Win 10 Pro (64-Bit) 5d5aebb5-b076-4736-a299-fc1bbc8ec785?upload=true.jpg Can't Reset after Activation and Installation of Win 10 Pro (64-Bit) 51dfd367-ae58-4633-a215-d144520271c8?upload=true.jpg

6. The next attempt reinstalls the system per the installation media, but I don't know where to go. See screen shot #5.

Can't Reset after Activation and Installation of Win 10 Pro (64-Bit) 5e2fe632-9399-42a8-a9f7-377bef95a0b1?upload=true.jpg

7. In frustration, I get to the screen for partitioning drives, delete Drive 0, select "NEW, Next" and installation begins for Windows. Note, the selections warned me not to delete the Recovery C: drive as it contained system files.

8. Installation completes and gives choice of which "Volume" of Windows 10 I want to run. I chose the default and it ran through the series of options for setup. C: drive now shows 283Gb, and Recovery D: drive shows 15Gb.

Question 1: Can "Recovery D:" drive be eliminated? Is it necessary?

Question 2: How do I eliminate "Recovery D:"?

Question 2: Should I have formatted anything?

Hopefully, I can get my question answered and maybe someone reading this can save themselves some of the pain.

[As a side note about MS Helps, the Virtual Agent directed me to call Microsoft. I scheduled the call, and in about 2 minutes a living technician called and I could only understand about half of the accent. Then the call was cut off because it was quitting time and I was told I could call back in a couple of days! ]

Thanks.

MGM

:)

MG Mills, Aug 17, 2019
  2. J.J.R. Win User

win 10 pro 64 bit won't install

I had win 7 pro 64 bit installed on my computer and it was working fine. I upgraded to win 10 pro 64 bit and it was working fine. I downloaded the win 10 pro 64 bit iso file so I could do a clean install. While installing, a message showed up that said
    that the 64 bit os was not compatible with my computer, so instead it installed the 32 bit os. My processor is an amd fx 8350 (x64 based processor) and my mother board is an asus m5a99fxpro revision 2. I need help so I can install the 64 bit win 10 pro os
    and get rid of the 32 bit os. Any help in figuring this problem will be greatly appreciated.

J.J.R., Aug 17, 2019
  3. Windows 10 pro 64 bit

This is a generic answer that covers a multitude of issues and does not specifically address my query.

Why won't my Win 10 64 bit activate despite following all the advice given me when installing the product.

My laptop is a Lenovo X230 Tablet with an i7 processor with 8Gb of memory.

To recap I upgraded from Win 7 Professional 32 bit to Win 10 Pro 32 bit and my product was activated.

I then attempted a install of Win 10 Pro 64 bit using an ISO download on a 64 bit pc. The change was fairly easy but the one issue is that it will not activate. Help!

Nelson.Dias64, Aug 17, 2019
  4. Can't Reset after Activation and Installation of Win 10 Pro (64-Bit)

Upgrade from Win 10 home to Win 10 Pro 64/bit?

Fully Licensed & Activated Member here...

1) Laptop:

Win 10 Home 64/bit want to Upgrade to Win 10 Pro 64/bit.

Is there a free upgrade for students or key holders of Win7Pro or Win10 Home to Win10 Pro?

2) Desktop:

Win 7 Pro 64/bit & Win 10 Pro 64/bit.

Retaining Win 7 until a few more bugs are fixed in Win 10. I know they will be.

--Don't make me buy an APPLE, please!!!!

MacGayver_Engineering, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

Can't Reset after Activation and Installation of Win 10 Pro (64-Bit)

1. Can't Reset after Activation and Installation of Win 10 Pro (64-Bit) - Similar Threads - Can't Reset Activation

2. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 20HD won't activate after reset

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 20HD won't activate after reset: Hello. Trying to activate Windows 10 Pro after having to reset PC. I did a reset keeping files/settings with online d/l of Windows. Have the digital license on MB so wmic command to find key didn't work. No hardware changes. I get the following server error. I've tried many...
  3. Upgrading win 10 Home 64 bits to Win 10 64 bits Pro

Upgrading win 10 Home 64 bits to Win 10 64 bits Pro: I have a laptop with win10 Home 64 bits installed on it. I need t upgrade it to Win 10 Pro 64 bits. I have a digital Licence on my PC Pro 64 bits. I have already tried to upgrade my laptop with clean install but Microsoft does not give me any choice except buying the...
  4. Install win 10/32 bit on 64 bit cpu !

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Install win 10/32 bit on 64 bit cpu !: I have a Dell optiplex 3070 . I have something to do with os 32 bit .Installation runs fine but when It starts , I cant go on so that PC reported that “ no boot device found” . I tried to switch to legacy and uefi to boot but It also still fail ! Do u guys have something to...
  5. CFS3 not installing on Win 10 Pro 64-bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CFS3 not installing on Win 10 Pro 64-bit: I had CFS2 and CFS3 running on Win 10 after upgrading but I decided yesterday to do a clean-up and deleted all versions (stock, ETO, BoB, MAW, PTO, etc.). Now I can't get the installer to work much less solve the Compatibly issues once CFS3 is installed. I get a 0x000005...
  6. Win 10 Pro 64-bit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit: Since, in my 2 laborious (!) years of experience with Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) on the nicely-'appointed' desktop I built, it does not work as advertised, can I return it to MS and replace it Windows 7 Pro (64-bit which does work as advertised)? I thought I was being smart to...
  7. win 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Customization
    win 10 64 bit: Hello, I have win 10 64 bit, is there a way i can run a game that is 32 bit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/win-10-64-bit/df9c9918-85fb-40e3-924b-7feeaf5c44a9
  8. win 10 64 bit

win 10 64 bit: I bought a disc win 10 0em from newegg. ok here,s the question if I get a new motherboard I will be able to activate like win 7 right? clean install from dvd it has a license on the package. 40253
  9. UAC Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    UAC Win 10 Pro 64 bit.: Hi all, Good to be here. Somehow I have managed to mess up my only UAC (the hidden one in Command Prompt. It does show up on the login page but Account name is "NewUsername", Username is "Brian-HP/NewUsername" and it asks for a password. Which I cant find or remember as it...
  10. Latest Win 10 Pro 64-bit update

Latest Win 10 Pro 64-bit update: Is this the latest update version? It downloaded this a.m. I am not on the insider program [img] 43504