Windows 10: Cant reset because Windows takes up too much space

Discus and support Cant reset because Windows takes up too much space in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Im trying to reset my slow running laptop running windows 10 with hopes of it running faster. However, I have removed most things I can remove and to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ghostly06, May 18, 2020.

1. Ghostly06 Win User

Cant reset because Windows takes up too much space

Im trying to reset my slow running laptop running windows 10 with hopes of it running faster. However, I have removed most things I can remove and to no avail. I still need to free up 2 GB of free space to reset. Can anyone help?

:)

Ghostly06, May 18, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 18, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, May 18, 2020
  4. Cant reset because Windows takes up too much space

space in hard dist for update windows 10

Hello ManolisTsitkanos,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the exact error message that you're getting when performing an update?

Meanwhile, I'd suggest following the steps in this article
    to help you free up drive space on your Windows 10 device.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Cant reset because Windows takes up too much space

1. Cant reset because Windows takes up too much space - Similar Threads - Cant reset takes

2. Something is taking up too much space.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Something is taking up too much space.: Every time I run Automatic's version of Stable Diffusion it takes up more and more space the longer I use it. I've tried cleaning the disk, resetting my virtual memory, and trying to hunt down where the files actually are that take up space. I think it has something to do...
  3. Something is taking up too much space.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something is taking up too much space.: Every time I run Automatic's version of Stable Diffusion it takes up more and more space the longer I use it. I've tried cleaning the disk, resetting my virtual memory, and trying to hunt down where the files actually are that take up space. I think it has something to do...
  4. Something is taking up too much space.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 takes up too much space

Windows 10 takes up too much space: Hi guys,I have a Windows 10 home single language OS running in laptop. I haev allocated around 220 GB for C drive among which around 200 gb has been occupied by Windows 10 OS itself now my system is slow and hangs a lot. How do I free it, I tried drive clean and everything....
  6. System Files taking up too much space

System Files taking up too much space: I've been having storage issues and I checked my system files. Asked a few people and searched it on web and found out that 70GB is too much. I don't know what seems to be the problem since Windows file isn't that huge. How do I fix this?...
  7. Systen Files taking up too much space

Systen Files taking up too much space: I've been having storage issues and I checked my system files. Asked a few people and searched it on web and found out that 70GB is too much. I don't know what seems to be the problem since Windows file isn't that huge. How do I fix this?...
  8. One Drive Taking up too much space

One Drive Taking up too much space: This only happens on my laptop my desktop is utterly fine. For some reason, my laptop redownloads everything in my one drive folder. If I try to put stuff back in the cloud it re-downloads automatically the next day. Everything I've seen online to correct this essentially...
  9. Windows 10 taking up too much disk space

Windows 10 taking up too much disk space: My disk is heavily occupied by Windows and its auxiliary files. Of my 150GB Bootcamp Windows partition, about 55% is taken by Windows and most of it by Installer. I've already run Disk Clean and Wise Cleaner and still am left with only 17GB available. Component Store...
  10. Log files taking up too much space

Log files taking up too much space: I recently noticed that the used space of my disk was constantly increasing. After poking around a bit, I found that the windows/Temp folder had tens of thousands of files named 'AppXDeploymentServer_'+long string of numbers and letters+.evtx. Each of these files is 5188 KB....