Windows 10: Cant reset because Windows takes up too much space

Discus and support Cant reset because Windows takes up too much space in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Im trying to reset my slow running laptop running windows 10 with hopes of it running faster. However, I have removed most things I can remove and to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ghostly06, May 18, 2020.

1. Ghostly06 Win User

Cant reset because Windows takes up too much space

Im trying to reset my slow running laptop running windows 10 with hopes of it running faster. However, I have removed most things I can remove and to no avail. I still need to free up 2 GB of free space to reset. Can anyone help?

:)

Ghostly06, May 18, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 18, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, May 18, 2020
  4. Cant reset because Windows takes up too much space

space in hard dist for update windows 10

Hello ManolisTsitkanos,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the exact error message that you're getting when performing an update?

Meanwhile, I'd suggest following the steps in this article
    to help you free up drive space on your Windows 10 device.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Cant reset because Windows takes up too much space

1. Cant reset because Windows takes up too much space - Similar Threads - Cant reset takes

2. Apps and games file taking up too much space.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps and games file taking up too much space.: I have a computer that is only a few months old with only 3-4 games downloaded on it. Yet over the past few weeks my games and apps storage area has grown to ridiculous proportions and I cannot figure out what's causing it. I record certain sessions but move those to a hard...
  3. Windows 10 taking up too much disk space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 taking up too much disk space: My disk is heavily occupied by Windows and its auxiliary files. Of my 150GB Bootcamp Windows partition, about 55% is taken by Windows and most of it by Installer. I've already run Disk Clean and Wise Cleaner and still am left with only 17GB available. Component Store...
  4. Macrium Reflect backups take up too much space

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect backups take up too much space: Hi All, Reflect backups take a lot of my disk space. what is the convenient setting for auto back ups? 134928
  5. My windows taking too much space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My windows taking too much space: why is my windows drive taking more than 50gb ? after every update i made sure to remove restore points still this keep getting bigger is fresh reinstall only solution ?...
  6. Windows system reserverd is taking too much space

Windows system reserverd is taking too much space: Hello guys my system reserved is occupying about 246 gb in the total 410 gb… Can I free it ????? Pls anyone answer.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-system-reserverd-is-taking-too-much-space/3e7937d3-97c1-41ef-9124-9bf479064403"
  7. Log files taking up too much space

Log files taking up too much space: I recently noticed that the used space of my disk was constantly increasing. After poking around a bit, I found that the windows/Temp folder had tens of thousands of files named 'AppXDeploymentServer_'+long string of numbers and letters+.evtx. Each of these files is 5188 KB....
  8. Windows 10 takes too much disc space

Windows 10 takes too much disc space: I have installed Windows 10 64 bit just two days ago. When it was first installed it took only around 20 GB of disc space and then I have updated the windows. After updated now the windows is taking almost 50 GB of disc space. (99 GB disc space in c drive, now it has 32 GB...
  9. Windows system and reserve files taking up too much space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows system and reserve files taking up too much space: Hi i have brand new laptop running windows 10. Basically an empty laptop, after the latest windows 10 updates, i kept getting pop up informing me that i have a low ssd disk space and my battery can't seems to charge when the power is plugged in. i need help on this!...
  10. Hard Disk (C:/) Takes Up Too Much Space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hard Disk (C:/) Takes Up Too Much Space: Hey Guys, So I have a 200 GB Hard Drive on my computer. A couple of days ago I got a notification mentioning there was not ten GB of space left. I was surprised, but I assumed I just had more on it than I thought. However, since then I have re-installed Windows for my own...