Windows 10: Can't reset computer with recovery option (F11) or restore this

Discus and support Can't reset computer with recovery option (F11) or restore this in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi. My brother has a problem with his W10 computer because of an update. His computer restart in loop saying with a black screen "cancelling changes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/firefliesdies, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Can't reset computer with recovery option (F11) or restore this

Hi. My brother has a problem with his W10 computer because of an update. His computer restart in loop saying with a black screen "cancelling changes made to your computer. When he uses F11, Windows asks for his Microsoft account's password (which is correct) but the computer said "password incorrect". He also tried to reset his computer but he can't. He tried to connect an ethernet cable to his computer and he can see the password he types, but it doesn't help. What to do, please ?

submitted by /u/firefliesdies
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/firefliesdies, Dec 29, 2019

2. F11 recovery screen

After some windows updates and a failed update, Computer starts in F11 recovery.

I didn't do this!

Any suggestions, I have been able only once to get back into windows, but now bit just keeps loading at start up with F11 recovery.

I have tried to run trouble shooter but unable to fix

JulieStone1, Dec 29, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, Dec 29, 2019
  4. Can't reset computer with recovery option (F11) or restore this

F11 system recovery makes me go to Windows defender offline

Hi,

Since you were not able to perform a reset on your Windows 10 computer using F11, you may follow the steps provided on the link below on how to properly reset your computer:

Recovery options in Windows 10

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Dec 29, 2019
Thema:

Can't reset computer with recovery option (F11) or restore this

1. Can't reset computer with recovery option (F11) or restore this - Similar Threads - Can't reset computer

2. There's no option to reset my computer!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There's no option to reset my computer!: I need to delete everything on this device and start from scratch but its not giving me an option to reset it. please help. almost all of my apps are not working so I need to reset this pc...
  3. There's no option to reset my computer!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There's no option to reset my computer!: I need to delete everything on this device and start from scratch but its not giving me an option to reset it. please help. almost all of my apps are not working so I need to reset this pc...
  4. There's no option to reset my computer!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. "Reset this PC" option missing on Recovery menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Reset this PC" option missing on Recovery menu: After a clean install of windows 11 in my Asus laptop there is no reset this pc option in the advanced start upRecovery Menu. Usually there would be two options inside the troubleshoot menu of the advanced start up. But now there is only one , the "reset this pc" option is...
  6. Reset and recovery options missing from recovery troubleshoot menu & USB recovery not...

Reset and recovery options missing from recovery troubleshoot menu & USB recovery not...: My laptop randomly stopped working. Blue screen, says critical process died. I've tried probably every troubleshoot I could find searching Google. All options on the recovery troubleshoot menu. Startup repair, uninstall updates, system restore, etc, none of that works....
  7. Is Resetting the computer the best option?

Is Resetting the computer the best option?: Hi, I got a new computer so I downloaded the backup from my last computer into this one ASUS VivoBook. Then I realized it had a lot of stuff I don't need anymore, so I started erasing them. But there are some apps, direct access links, and documents that I'm not able to erase...
  8. Blue Screen, Can't restore, can't reset

Blue Screen, Can't restore, can't reset: I opened my laptop today and it booted normally, but as I was logging in using the fingerprint sensor the computer suddenly shut down and power seemed to have went out. I plugged in the laptop and tried booting again, but I kept getting blue screen no matter what I do. I...
  9. F11 HP Recovery Manager not working. How to restore ?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    F11 HP Recovery Manager not working. How to restore ?: I bought a HP laptop which came with Win 10 Home. Due to some reasons, I downgraded to 8.1 by clean install. Now i want to do factory reset to win 10 But i realised that my F11 hp recovery manager is no longer working.The recovery partitions are hidden and but the files are...
  10. Set F11 recovery option in acronis true image 2017 now fails to start

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Set F11 recovery option in acronis true image 2017 now fails to start: Set F11 recovery option in acronis true image 2017, failed to start, can't remember the error message, something about starting from a floppy, I think. So booted from true image disk and deactvated the F11 option, now I cannot get my PC to boot.... [img] This is the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp f11 recovery missing