Windows 10: Can’t reset MBR in command prompt

Discus and support Can’t reset MBR in command prompt in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I’m running windows 10 on macbook pro bootcamp and I’m trying to salvage my system without losing anything i’m getting BSOD but before, i used to try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by adhamabdal, May 23, 2020.

1. Can’t reset MBR in command prompt

I’m running windows 10 on macbook pro bootcamp and I’m trying to salvage my system without losing anything

i’m getting BSOD but before, i used to try to reboot a few times and eventually i would be able to get in, not anymore all of a sudden. i’m trying to reset my mbr

attrib c:\boot\bcd -h -r -s
    gives me
    c:\boot not found

Bootrec /RebuildBcd
    gives me
    Total identified Windows installations: 1

but then when i get to
    C:\Windows Add installation to boot list? Yes<Y>/No<N>/All<A>
    i choose yes which leads to
    the requested system device cannot be found

i’m not experienced enough here to know what i’m doing so any help is useful

:)

adhamabdal, May 23, 2020
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, May 23, 2020
  3. mbr problem cannot access command prompt

trying to repair mbr problem cannot load windows so cannot use uac controls at command prompt

RonaldCoupe, May 23, 2020
  4. Can’t reset MBR in command prompt

clone MBR HD to bootable GPT partition?

Hi,

1. You cannot convert mbr to gpt without data loss. otherwise, you can follow directions here:

FROM WINDOWS RECOVERY CONSOLE:

To change a master boot record disk into a GUID partition table disk using a command line

• Back up or move the data on the basic master boot record (MBR) disk you want to convert into a GUID partition table (GPT) disk.

• Open an elevated command prompt (right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator) and type diskpart. If the disk does not contain any partitions or volumes, skip to step 6.

• At the DISKPART prompt, type list disk. Make note of the disk number you want to convert.

• At the DISKPART prompt, type select disk <disknumber>.

• At the DISKPART prompt, type clean.

2. I'd suggest converting your vista drive to a virtual machine, load that up on your windows 10 system and use a program like virtualbox to run it.

CoatH4nger, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Can’t reset MBR in command prompt

1. Can’t reset MBR in command prompt - Similar Threads - Can’t reset MBR

2. I can’t log on to my computer and i can’t open command prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t log on to my computer and i can’t open command prompt: I have disabled services in msconfig and can’t log on to computer. I can’t figure out how to open command prompt as i have been told to do. I open up the troubleshoot menu in recovery environment but there is no option for command prompt or reset. The only options showing are...
  3. I can’t log on to my computer and i can’t open command prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t log on to my computer and i can’t open command prompt: I have disabled services in msconfig and can’t log on to computer. I can’t figure out how to open command prompt as i have been told to do. I open up the troubleshoot menu in recovery environment but there is no option for command prompt or reset. The only options showing are...
  4. Can’t run Command Prompt as administrator in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Can’t run Command Prompt as administrator in Windows 10: [ATTACH]The Windows command prompt is a command-line tool that helps you to execute various commands. You can also run the CMD with elevated privileges. But […] This article Can’t run Command Prompt as administrator in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  5. Command prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command prompt: It seems that I have to renew my command prompt almost monthly by use of the "bootsect /nt60 sys" command. Why is this happening ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt/6ca7646e-66a4-45cf-ab84-781950936dee
  6. Command Prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Command Prompt: On my PC cmd not working properly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt/1997eabc-1c65-4dd5-a223-03a83f66ccf6
  7. command prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    command prompt: hi, Is the 64 bit operating system, alright to run on the 32 bit administrator command prompt? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt/0202ade4-c9cf-4456-80b3-5ee9a53dd104
  8. command prompt commands

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    command prompt commands: Can anybody just tell me what the command prompt for starting up in safe mode with networking is, if there is one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/command-prompt-commands/7b058934-65f0-40dc-8982-936764895a61
  9. Can’t Open Elevated Command Prompt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can’t Open Elevated Command Prompt: Hello I just installed WIN 10 on an old laptop (if one can call a lenovo W700 a laptop), used a win7 product key and the authentication was accepted had to create a microsoft account, refuse to give them all kind of info... arghhh I am now trying to put in the LENOVO...
  10. commands in command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    commands in command prompt: is there a full list of DOS style Commands buried somewhere in win10 i try CHKDSK and get nowhere with the command unless I'm typing it wrong. but there are a few otthers i would be interested in as well. 54240