Windows 10: Can't reset my computer

Discus and support Can't reset my computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone I have an satellite toshiba and it came with windows 10. The thing is, after several years and several programs I've used for my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Andre_95, Aug 13, 2019 at 5:22 PM.

1. Andre_95 Win User

Can't reset my computer

Hi everyone

I have an satellite toshiba and it came with windows 10. The thing is, after several years and several programs I've used for my engneering major, it became really slow. I'm going to get a new one and give this one to my mom, but I can't let her have such a slow computer.

I went to try to do a restore (you know, going to recovery and all that). I succesfully choose eveything but when it starts to restore everything, after like 20 minutes it tells me that it failed and nothing was changed. I read somewhere that it was because my restore point was corrupted or something and I should use a previous, but when I went to look for it, turns out I dont have any restore points.

Now, I admit I have never done much to my computer and never even done a reset. I don't know if I had to manually do them or what. This is what shows, I don't know if recovery has to be on for the computer to do the points automatically or something. It came like this from the factory basically.

Can't reset my computer a40ea5f5-467b-4b62-82ea-2cb2e8a46526?upload=true.png

Now, without a recovery point, how can I do a reset?

If I do a restore point right now, does the computer will keep lagging?

Keep in mind I literally don't care for any of the programs or documents in this computer. I just want a decent coputer for my momma

Thank you!

:)

2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

3. jmcslob Win User
    2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Can't reset my computer :cool:

4. jmcslob Win User

Can't reset my computer

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

Thema:

Can't reset my computer

1. Can't reset my computer - Similar Threads - Can't reset computer

2. Cant reset my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant reset my computer: I am trying to reset my all in one touchscreen Asus computer so I went to settings>recover>reset> and then tried to do a factory reset, I let it get through all the steps and then i just said "this may take a few MINUTES then your PC will reset" i had a cancel button on the...
  3. I can't reset my local windows 10 computer's password.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can't reset my local windows 10 computer's password.: I have a new windows 10 computer and when I 1st set it up, I put in a password. Yesterday, I decided to change the password on the computer and followed (???) the step by step directions on the microsoft sight. Now I can sign in to my computer using either my new password...
  4. Resetting my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Resetting my computer: I had a fail update and the error named sihost.exe been popping up so I reset the computer when that happen the Defaultuser0 came in now I'm looked out anyone know the password my computer is a windows hp covert to windows 10...
  5. Can't reset my pc at all

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't reset my pc at all: I have a HP desktop and Id like to factory default it so it wipes everything. My mouse and keyboard freeze every time once I get to choose you keyboard layout. I cant get to that other method where you turn your pc off and on 3 times(Just processes with automatic repair)....
  6. Can't reset my PIN

Can't reset my PIN: Hey So I turned on my laptop, and it asked me to type my pin to log in. But I've almost never used my pin before, (I always logged in with my password), so I clicked on 'I forgot my PIN'. After I did the steps, this is what it said. [ATTACH]...
  7. Problems resetting my laptop computer

Problems resetting my laptop computer: Hello, I tried to reset my computer (To Windows 10 from Windows 8) and it stopped at 40% while resetting. It has been at 40% for more than 1 week. This is the third time I have tried to reset my computer unsuccessfully. I have attached the message that I receive when I...
  8. Can't Login and Computer Resets every minute

Can't Login and Computer Resets every minute: So, i recently was restarting my router, and that hadnt resolved my internet issues. So i decided to scroll through the "Network and Internet Settings" and i found "Network Reset" I clicked on it out of curiosity, and seeing its description figured it wouldnt hurt. After...
  9. Unable to reset my computer

Unable to reset my computer: Hello! I was making this question as I was wondering how to reset my PC. I plan on selling it to a friend so naturally I wanted to wipe the hard drive so that it could be fresh and work properly. However when I go into the settings and go to reset the PC, every time it has...
  10. Resetting my computer

Resetting my computer: Hello, in the past few days my computer has become slightly unresponsive. Before, I couldn’t open any first party apps, and now whenever I log into my account after a minute or so a blank blue screen appears, and I can only see my cursor. I tried resetting the laptop but it...