Windows 10: Can't reset my laptop from automatic repair

Discus and support Can't reset my laptop from automatic repair in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone, My laptop with Windows 10 is showing a blue screen with the error 0xc000021a every time I try to access the Windows. When I turn on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by thiagoroska, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Can't reset my laptop from automatic repair

Hello everyone,

My laptop with Windows 10 is showing a blue screen with the error 0xc000021a every time I try to access the Windows.

When I turn on my laptop, it shows the message: 'Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC' and the options: 'Shut down' and 'Advanced options'. I already tried to fix the computer on the 'Advanced options' using several methods that I found on sites and videos, but nothing I tried worked.

For example: if I choose 'Repair your computer' and then 'Startup Repair, it returns a SrtTrail.txt error. I also tried to run a lot of commands that I found on the internet in the Command Prompt to try to fix this error, but none worked. I also can't restore the system, because it says there's no system restore points available, and I can't boot into safe mode either.

So, I tried to reset the laptop on Advanced options > Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Keep my files. I confirmed on 'Reset' and the laptop started to reset, but when it was about to 50% concluded, unexpectedly my laptop stopped the reset and went back to automatic repair window. I tried this procedure three times, and the same thing happened in all.

Does anyone can help me, please? What's happening, why can't I reset my laptop? What I need to do to be able to reset it or fix the blue screen so I can get back to use my laptop normally?

Thank you

P.S.: sorry for any mistakes in my text, English isn't my first language.

:)

thiagoroska, Jul 29, 2020
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Windows won't reset or restore, Automatic repair loop

Hi Bruno,

When the Automatic repair fails, we can suggest using the command prompt from Windows 10 Boot Options menu to run bootrec commands to fix the files the Auto Repair couldn't. Here are the steps:

• On the windows Recovery Option, choose Troubleshoot >
      Advanced Options
    • Select Command Prompt.
    • Enter the following commands in the Command Prompt:
    • bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd
    • bootrec.exe /fixmbr
    • bootrec.exe /fixboot
    Once the repair is done, restart your PC and check if the issue is resolved. Let us know the outcome, so we could provide further assistance as necessary.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Can't reset my laptop from automatic repair

Complete lockout from my laptop.

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to perform a automatic repair and check if you are able to login. Follow the below steps to perform a automatic repair.

Boot from the Windows 10 installation media and then perform automatic repair and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to perform Automatic repair:

• Insert installation media and restart the computer.

b. Select language and click on Next.

c. Select Repair your Computer and click on Skip this drive.

d. Select Troubleshoot and click on Advanced Options.

e. Here choose the option Automatic Repair and follow the prompted instructions.
    Feel free to reply to us for further assistance and we’ll be more than happy to help.

Arul_D, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Can't reset my laptop from automatic repair

1. Can't reset my laptop from automatic repair - Similar Threads - Can't reset laptop

2. My laptop started automatic repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop started automatic repair: Continue exit and continue to windows10 Use a device use a USB drive, network connection, or Windows recovery DVD Troubleshoot Reset your PC or see advanced options Turn off your PC...
  3. My laptop started automatic repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop started automatic repair: Continue exit and continue to windows10 Use a device use a USB drive, network connection, or Windows recovery DVD Troubleshoot Reset your PC or see advanced options Turn off your PC...
  4. can't reset/repair/revert/re-anything my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't reset/repair/revert/re-anything my laptop: To be fair I didn't update it since 2020, and so when I finally did, once it successfully completed the updates and installs I thought it was fine, but a few days later it froze and my action was to force-shut it down. unfortunately this one resulted in the "no bootable...
  5. can't reset/repair/revert/re-anything my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't reset/repair/revert/re-anything my laptop: To be fair I didn't update it since 2020, and so when I finally did, once it successfully completed the updates and installs I thought it was fine, but a few days later it froze and my action was to force-shut it down. unfortunately this one resulted in the "no bootable...
  6. can't reset/repair/revert/re-anything my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. My laptop is on automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop is on automatic repair loop: see here Earlier this day i turned on my laptop used it like normal then i tried to plug my phone via cable and it didn't recognize it. I tried using my flash drive and didn't recognize also. I also unplugged my usb hub and when i plugged it back it won't recognize it too....
  8. Automatic repair can't fix my laptop

Automatic repair can't fix my laptop: Fix boot access is denied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-repair-cant-fix-my-laptop/e726606e-744f-4194-9a7a-d7dc7420afc1
  9. My laptop can't boot after reset and repair

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My laptop can't boot after reset and repair: I did a factory reset to my laptop, but to my surprise I couldn't create an account nor log in to only one available account which was "other user" - tried to log in with microsoft account, but couldn't. > I've read that I should try to create an account on administrator...
  10. Stuck on Automatic Repair and then in resetting

Stuck on Automatic Repair and then in resetting: Hi, I was working in my laptop and suddenly some blue screen came out that some thing went wrong and restating my laptop then automatic repairing appears. 4 5 hour gone nothing happen it stuck on that ..... then i try to reset my laptop when it starts it also stuck on 1% it...