Windows 10: Can't reset my PC And possibly other problems

Discus and support Can't reset my PC And possibly other problems in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, i was trying to reset my PC to do a clean reset and my PC doesn't want to reset. It does the start up but then fails and then reverts back to its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RadionMamut, Sep 2, 2021.

1. Can't reset my PC And possibly other problems

Hi, i was trying to reset my PC to do a clean reset and my PC doesn't want to reset. It does the start up but then fails and then reverts back to its original state. I've tried doing the sfc /scannow and the DISM on the CMD but for sfc i keep getting "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service." message and when told to try the DISM i get "Version: 10.0.19041.844, Image Version: 10.0.19042.1110, Error: 998, Invalid access to memory location. The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log.". My other problem which "might" be related to this is that my window

:)

RadionMamut, Sep 2, 2021
  2. Ikaruga Win User

router logs DoS attack from a local PC....

Well you did not say that you don't really know what you are doing. It's not a problem of course, but it changes things a little.

It's not even clear if the PC or the router is the problem at this time, so I suggested that you disable some unnecessary things which are usually known to cause many problems, sorry if those were too complicated.

• You could reset some network related stuffz on the PC as a next step. Open an elevated command prompt (run as administrator), and enter the followings on the PC:
      netsh int ip reset reset.log
      netsh int ipv6 reset
      netsh winsock reset
      netsh branchcache reset
      netsh advfirewall reset
      (note: You can export your current firewall rules in the "group policy" before the reset if it's needed for some reason)

• Btw, Would it be a problem to reset the router to the default settings if the things we are trying will not help? There is a menu point for that called "factory settings" (and also a little hole on the back if you prefer that one).. the Administrator username in the router after the reset would be admin and the password is probably on a sticker at the bottom of the router (special settings needed to go online with your ISP might be also necessary)
      This is not needed now (not yet), but perhaps the source of the problem is at the router and not the PC in question, so we may come to that eventually.
    ps.: Do you have a second network card you could test in that PC and a different cable to rule out some hardware issues on the PC side?

Ikaruga, Sep 2, 2021
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 2, 2021
  4. Naki Win User

Can't reset my PC And possibly other problems

GPU-Z 0.7.8 / 0.7.9 / 0.8.0 Bios reading not possible GTX670-solved with gpu-z 0.8.1

@Maban - does GPU-Z fail the same way for you the way it does for me? I.e. total system freeze/lockup, requiring a hard reset?

@W1zzard - I will try the suggested steps later today, as I am not near that PC at the moment.

Naki, Sep 2, 2021
Thema:

Can't reset my PC And possibly other problems

1. Can't reset my PC And possibly other problems - Similar Threads - Can't reset possibly

2. Can't reset my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't reset my PC: I've been having issues not being able to download things or having error messages pop up not allowing me to open apps, so I tried to reset the computer. Every time I click reset my PC, the settings app crashes. I've searched online for people that have had similar issues,...
  3. Can't Reset my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Reset my PC: When trying to reset my PC, it keeps giving me the error "There was a problem resetting your pc. No changes were made"Any fixes?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-reset-my-pc/880c0b25-a760-4ba6-aedd-a7529dd931c8
  4. Can't Reset my PC !!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Reset my PC !!!: Actually I wanted to reset my computer and remove. 1 Then it gives a message that "Could not find the recovery environment"Then I tried to create a recovery drive to solve this issue,but it says it can't create a recovery drive as follows.I tried many ways on internet, but...
  5. after reset when my pc starts there is other user problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    after reset when my pc starts there is other user problem: when i reseted my laptop the other user problem came. i found a solution on microsoft website but after the window button and nothing works you can only move the mouse plz help me...
  6. Can't reset my pc

Can't reset my pc: I am using oem HP notebook. I cant reset pc . It shows error msg " couldn't find recovery media ". I download iso using usb during that time it shows error msg " windows cant get enough space to setup ". Pls solve...
  7. Can't reset my PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't reset my PC: Hello everyone, My notebook with Windows 10 is showing a blue screen with the error 0xc000021a every time I try to access the Windows. When I turn on my notebook, it shows the message: 'Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC' and the options: 'Shut down' and 'Advanced...
  8. Can't Reset my PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Reset my PC: When trying to reset my PC, it keeps giving me the error "There was a problem resetting your pc. No changes were made" Any fixes?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-reset-my-pc/f26f2850-9703-43a1-92f6-0fb6024a3541"
  9. Can't reset my PC - "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made"

Can't reset my PC - "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made": I'm having trouble resetting my PC. I'd like to reset it for performance reasons, and it's also to free up some storage space. When I try to reset I get a notification that says "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made". I then decided to try and do a...
  10. Can't Reset My PC! and Various Problems!!

Can't Reset My PC! and Various Problems!!: Hi, So the problem is that I want to Reset my PC and Start Fresh! but I CAN'T.....' When i use the built in Settings app to Reset My PC, they tell me that they 'Could not find the Recovery Environment"......... So i created a Recovery drive from a different computer since...