Windows 10: Can't reset my pc without a password

Discus and support Can't reset my pc without a password in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've recently been having problems with my pc on startup. When I go to the troubleshooting to troubleshoot, however, I need to login to my Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GrayStriped, Dec 29, 2021.

1. Can't reset my pc without a password

I've recently been having problems with my pc on startup. When I go to the troubleshooting to troubleshoot, however, I need to login to my Microsoft account. The problem is, my pc doesn't have a native wifi connection; I have to use a USB adapter. When I try to login, it keeps saying that my password is wrong, despite me resetting it. Do I just need to use a previous password, or am I done for?

:)

GrayStriped, Dec 29, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Dec 29, 2021
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Dec 29, 2021
  4. IggSter Win User

Can't reset my pc without a password

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Dec 29, 2021
Thema:

Can't reset my pc without a password

1. Can't reset my pc without a password - Similar Threads - Can't reset without

2. How to reset PC without an admin password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to reset PC without an admin password: My laptop died during a windows update. Now it is stuck in a reboot cycle; it turns on, says it’s working on an update at 35%, quickly says “restarting”, then repeats. I let it cycle for 12 hours and no change. I have tried to uninstall the update and any other matter of fix...
  3. How to reset PC without an admin password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset PC without an admin password: My laptop died during a windows update. Now it is stuck in a reboot cycle; it turns on, says it’s working on an update at 35%, quickly says “restarting”, then repeats. I let it cycle for 12 hours and no change. I have tried to uninstall the update and any other matter of fix...
  4. Can't reset my pc without a password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reset my pc without a password: I've recently been having problems with my pc on startup. When I go to the troubleshooting to troubleshoot, however, I need to login to my Microsoft account. The problem is, my pc doesn't have a native wifi connection; I have to use a USB adapter. When I try to login, it...
  5. Can't reset my pc without a password

Can't reset my pc without a password: I've recently been having problems with my pc on startup. When I go to the troubleshooting to troubleshoot, however, I need to login to my Microsoft account. The problem is, my pc doesn't have a native wifi connection; I have to use a USB adapter. When I try to login, it...
  6. Can't reset windows without administrator password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't reset windows without administrator password: Its been a long time since i booted up an old windows 10 PC. I've forgotten the administrator password so i turn it off and on while booting a few times and it opens the repairing menu. But there it only shows me administrator accounts and asks me to login to those accounts...
  7. Can't reset windows without administrator password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reset windows without administrator password: Its been a long time since i booted up an old windows 10 PC. I've forgotten the administrator password so i turn it off and on while booting a few times and it opens the repairing menu. But there it only shows me administrator accounts and asks me to login to those accounts...
  8. Can't reset windows without administrator password

9. Can't log into my pc, password was reset!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't log into my pc, password was reset!: Tried fixing my win 10 with tweaking.com - it changed my password and I can't log in? It will not let me use my pin number. It says that I first must enter my new password, then I can use my pin. I have no idea how to get back in. I did a power test like it said. Then it said...
  10. Can't log into my pc password was reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't log into my pc password was reset: Tried fixing my win 10 with tweaking.com - it changed my password and can't log in? It will not let me use my pin number. It says that I first must enter my new password first, then I can use pin. I have no idea how to get back in. I did a power test like it said. Then it...