Windows 10: Can't reset my PIN even after sending code to email

Discus and support Can't reset my PIN even after sending code to email in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I am logged out of Windows 10 and have forgotten my PIN and the fingerprint is blocked these are the two ways that are available to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Haneen Abu Tarboush, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Can't reset my PIN even after sending code to email

Hello everyone,

I am logged out of Windows 10 and have forgotten my PIN and the fingerprint is blocked these are the two ways that are available to sign in.

When I try to follow the PIN reset instructions, a code is sent to my email, when I enter it, it says the following error message: "Something went wrong, we are unable to set up your PIN. Please try again, or skip this step and set up PIN later."

Now I am unable to login to Windows via the fingerprint nor reset the PIN. Please advise on how to proceed.

:)

Haneen Abu Tarboush, Mar 23, 2021

2. Resetting PIN on HP Pavilion 11k102U

Hi,

To reset pin to can follow the below steps:

• Click on the Windows icon in the left-hand corner of your screen, you’ll open up the Start menu. Next click on
      Settings.
    • When the Settings app opens, click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options on the left pane. Under the PIN section, click on the “I forgot my PIN” link.
    • The password reset procedures differ between Microsoft account and local account.
    For Local Account:

• If you’re using a local account, Windows will prompt you to verify your local account password. Enter your password and click OK.
    You’re now prompted to set up PIN again. Enter 4 digit number for your new PIN login and click
    OK. If you want to remove and disable the PIN, click Cancel.

For Microsoft Account:

• If you PIN is for a Microsoft account, you’ll see this confirmation dialog. Click
      Continue to confirm that you really forgot your PIN.
    • Microsoft will send you a security code to validate that you are the owner of the Microsoft account. Enter the recovery email address for verification and click on
      Next.
    • Check your email account and look for a message from Microsoft account team. Copy the security code from the mail and paste it in the Code text box. Click on
      Next.
    • Now you can either set up a new PIN or click Cancel to disable/remove the PIN login completely.
    Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Mar 23, 2021
  3. Pin reset in Windows10 update, error 0x8007054f

Hi Marty,

If you're having trouble using your PIN to sign into Windows 10, try resetting your PIN. Follow these steps:

1. On the sign-in screen, select I forgot my PIN below the PIN text box. If there are multiple accounts on the PC, choose the one you need to reset.
    2. On the Enter your password screen, type the password for your Microsoft account, and then select Next.
    3. On the Help us protect your info screen, choose to receive your security code either as a text or email message. If you select text, type the last four digits of your phone number, and then select Send Code. Learn
      more about security info and security codes
    4. When you get the code as a text or email message on a separate device, enter it on the Enter the code you received screen, and then select Next.
    5. In the Set up a PIN dialog box, enter your new PIN and confirm it. Your new PIN is set.

Note: If you've just updated your computer to Windows 10, verify your network connectivity by opening Settings > Network and Internet. After connecting, try signing in with your PIN again.

Let us know how it goes.

Raymond Ave, Mar 23, 2021
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

Can't reset my PIN even after sending code to email

Default email won't send or receive emails on Windows 10

Hi William,

To properly address this concern, I would like to gather more information. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are you using Outlook.com, Outlook application, or the Mail app for Windows 10?
    • What type of email account are you using? (POP, IMAP or Exchange)

You can visit these articles for steps and suggestions on how to fix email sync issues in Outlook.com and Outlook application:

To notify us and have us get back to you, simply reply to this post.

Jomel Ber, Mar 23, 2021
Thema:

Can't reset my PIN even after sending code to email

1. Can't reset my PIN even after sending code to email - Similar Threads - Can't reset PIN

2. I forgot my pin on my computer and I tried sending a code to my email but the code won’t send

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my pin on my computer and I tried sending a code to my email but the code won’t send: I forgot my pin on my computer and I tried sending a code to my email but the code won’t send https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-pin-on-my-computer-and-i-tried-sending/3a32473d-b53e-4be7-9f00-e90bcb13fbe2
  3. I forgot my pin on my computer and I tried sending a code to my email but the code won’t send

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I forgot my pin on my computer and I tried sending a code to my email but the code won’t send: I forgot my pin on my computer and I tried sending a code to my email but the code won’t send https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-pin-on-my-computer-and-i-tried-sending/3a32473d-b53e-4be7-9f00-e90bcb13fbe2
  4. Email Verification Code Not Sending?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email Verification Code Not Sending?: When I am on my Microsoft account page, some options require me to verify my email through a verification code. I select the option for the code to be sent to my Gmail account, but it never gets sent. I've tried switching devices, browsers, checked spam folder, checked "all...
  5. Verification code to reset PC Pin not sending to email yahoo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Verification code to reset PC Pin not sending to email yahoo: Due to security changes after having my PC repaired, I need to change my PIN to logon to my main user account for my PC. When I click "Set up PIN" it prompts me to login to my Microsoft account. After doing that, it says I need to enter a verification code that will be sent...
  6. Verification code to reset PC Pin not sending to email yahoo

Verification code to reset PC Pin not sending to email yahoo: Due to security changes after having my PC repaired, I need to change my PIN to logon to my main user account for my PC. When I click "Set up PIN" it prompts me to login to my Microsoft account. After doing that, it says I need to enter a verification code that will be sent...
  7. Can't send email

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't send email: I get the following message when I try to send an email. The message could not be sent because the connection to outgoing server SMTP smpt.comcast.nete was lost in the middle of the transaction. Try again. I checked my setting and all are ok. This seemed to have...
  8. can't send emails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't send emails: receiving emails - no problem but can't send any - server people tell me that the connect time is too short - how can I correct that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-send-emails/33135576-9d11-40f3-a5aa-9d102f7055e0
  9. Can't send emails

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't send emails: Hello. I am trying to send emails from my windows 10, but for some unknown reason it's just stopped. I receive a email saying Windows: Send Error. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you....
  10. Can't send emails.

Can't send emails.: Can't send emails. I can receive them. internet checked ok. can't find where to go in settings. I have gmail accounts. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-send-emails/836fed05-1126-4d60-be0d-295f9bac3582