Windows 10: Can't reset my PIN

Discus and support Can't reset my PIN in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey So I turned on my laptop, and it asked me to type my pin to log in. But I've almost never used my pin before, (I always logged in with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SQxAe, Mar 2, 2019.

1. SQxAe Win User

Can't reset my PIN

Hey

So I turned on my laptop, and it asked me to type my pin to log in. But I've almost never used my pin before, (I always logged in with my password), so I clicked on 'I forgot my PIN'. After I did the steps, this is what it said. Can't reset my PIN c88ea154-97c1-4e2e-9e20-73b5fc7a2969?upload=true.png

:)

SQxAe, Mar 2, 2019
  2. JayPhi Win User

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Mar 2, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows 10 PIN Sign-in

Hi Pat,

It is possible that the PIN set in an earlier build does not work after reinstalling Windows 10. To better assist you, we'd like clarify few things:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using before reinstalling Windows?
    • Have you tried resetting your PIN?
    • Did you get any error messages after you verified the PIN you entered?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how you can reset your PIN.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Mar 2, 2019
  4. Can't reset my PIN

PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

Can't reset my PIN

1. Can't reset my PIN - Similar Threads - Can't reset PIN

2. Can't Reset my PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Reset my PC: When trying to reset my PC, it keeps giving me the error "There was a problem resetting your pc. No changes were made" Any fixes?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-reset-my-pc/f26f2850-9703-43a1-92f6-0fb6024a3541"
  3. cant reset pin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    cant reset pin: everytime I go to sign in to my outlook account, it takes my password then asks me for a pin. i do not remember setting up a pin. when i press on i forgot my pin, it tells me to go to Account > settings > signing in options. so this is what i did. Windows + I, signing in...
  4. Can't login to my account with my Pin

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't login to my account with my Pin: Since I reset my computer the next message shows up "you can't sign in with this account. try a different account" every time I try to login with my pin. I tried restarting in safe mode but it asks for my password which unfortunately I don't remember since I set up when I...
  5. I can't reset my Windows Hello Pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can't reset my Windows Hello Pin: I can't reset my Windows Hello pin. I DO NOT have the option to "Remove" the pin in the "Sign In Options" settings. I have tried to reset the passcode on lock screen, but it doesn't work either because my domain credentials aren't tied to the passcode portion. I have removed...
  6. Can't reset my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't reset my computer: Hi everyone I have an satellite toshiba and it came with windows 10. The thing is, after several years and several programs I've used for my engneering major, it became really slow. I'm going to get a new one and give this one to my mom, but I can't let her have such a slow...
  7. Need to reset PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need to reset PIN: Hi I can't seem to find the correct place to reset my PIN. My user name and password are fine, it's just the PIN I need. Thanks in anticipation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-reset-pin/245c29f6-b250-4d7d-9dd4-291811b0bae4"
  8. can't reset pin due to "account disabled"

can't reset pin due to "account disabled": So, I tried resetting my pin; but the thing is it says that my account is disabled. So I went into safe mode, and I went to the program to uncheck the option "Account Disabled". I press apply/ok, but then when I check, it says Account Disabed, and its checked. Any way how to...
  9. Reset PIN

Reset PIN: The keyboard on my ASUS laptop stopped functioning so I had to send it in for repair to SquareTrade with whom I had a 2 year Extended Warranty. In the process of repairing it, they reset my PIN and failed to tell me what they reset it to. So now I cannot use my PIN, nor can I...
  10. Reset Pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reset Pin: I have been trying to log in to my Windows Apps on my husbands laptop. I did get set up to sign in except where I have to enter in a pin. I do not remember my pin. So to reset my pin I have to go to settings, account, and sign in options. I go to settings and all I see is to...