Windows 10: Can't reset my windows 10 device

Discus and support Can't reset my windows 10 device in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I'm trying to reset my laptop but every time I try and I've tried about 20 different ways now it gives me an error message saying that it cant be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dom O'Connor, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Can't reset my windows 10 device

Hi

I'm trying to reset my laptop but every time I try and I've tried about 20 different ways now it gives me an error message saying that it cant be done and that no changes were made.

I've followed instructions I've found on line about using the command prompt to scan the drives.

I've followed instructions in the forum about the IOS and resetting

I've tried to keep my files or delete my files as part of the standard process

I've tried the trouble shooting instructions

But nothing it stops at the same point every time and says it cant be done nad no changes were made

any ideas how to make it happen?

thanks

:)

Dom O'Connor, Mar 13, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 13, 2020
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Mar 13, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Can't reset my windows 10 device

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

Can't reset my windows 10 device

1. Can't reset my windows 10 device - Similar Threads - Can't reset device

2. Can't reset my pin on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't reset my pin on windows 10: I don't remember setting up a pin, but rather used a password. However, the device only has a pin login option. Whenever I try the "forgot my pin" option it just reloads the lock screen. I've tried logging into safe mode, but no help there....
  3. Can't reset my pin on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reset my pin on windows 10: I don't remember setting up a pin, but rather used a password. However, the device only has a pin login option. Whenever I try the "forgot my pin" option it just reloads the lock screen. I've tried logging into safe mode, but no help there....
  4. Can't reset my Windows 10 PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reset my Windows 10 PC.: I want to sell my not-so-old Windows 10 laptop, but this seems to be a bigger project than expected.To be clear, I'm the lead technician at one of my companies stores, but I am unable to wrap my head around this issue.The amount a computers I reset to factory setting every...
  5. Can't reset my Windows 10 PC.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't reset my Windows 10 PC.: I want to sell my not-so-old Windows 10 laptop, but this seems to be a bigger project than expected.To be clear, I'm the lead technician at one of my companies stores, but I am unable to wrap my head around this issue.The amount a computers I reset to factory setting every...
  6. Can't update or reset my windows 10

Can't update or reset my windows 10: I have tried just about every option that I can find to fix this problem. My computer has been crashing multiple times a day due to memory or corruption problems. When I tried to solve this problem I wanted to update my windows to see if that would help. However I get the...
  7. Can't reset windows 10 in my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't reset windows 10 in my laptop: I can't reset windows 10 on my laptop after windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-reset-windows-10-in-my-laptop/c0938d7f-26a0-4991-b863-bd026cb15118
  8. Can't reset windows 10 in my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't reset windows 10 in my laptop: I am not able to reset my laptop which have windows 10 after update my laptop get corrupted and after that I was not able to reset it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-reset-windows-10-in-my-laptop/ad49a366-d91c-479c-bd3f-eefc1c22a3f5
  9. Can't reset my Windows 10 PC.

Can't reset my Windows 10 PC.: Hello all, My Windows 10 is giving me problems (such as delayed boot up, taskbar & icons loading very slow, bluetooth connectivity with my speakers). I need to reset my Windows 10 PC (keeping all the files). It says that "There was a problem resetting your PC; No changes...
  10. Can't reset my PC Windows 10.

Can't reset my PC Windows 10.: When I try to restart my PC around 30% it stops and tells me that It couldn't reset, and no changes were made. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/cant-reset-my-pc-windows-10/835b77a2-84f4-4245-b853-0dd01438a8e7