Windows 10: Can't reset or open Microsoft store

Discus and support Can't reset or open Microsoft store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I can't open Microsoft store and doesn't reset. When I click the reset button it starts resetting and does nothing for hours. I don't know what to do,... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by plzzzzz_help, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Can't reset or open Microsoft store

I can't open Microsoft store and doesn't reset. When I click the reset button it starts resetting and does nothing for hours. I don't know what to do, please help!

:)

plzzzzz_help, Apr 15, 2021

2. Windows 10 Store won-t open

Hi Mateo,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to reset Windows Store Cache and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Key + R key to open run box.

• Type WSReset.exe and hit Enter.

SujataMoktan, Apr 15, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Microsoft Store won't open. OneNote reverted back to old icon and I want the new one, not the old ugly OneNote.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

It is very unusual that Microsoft Store doesn’t open when clicked on the icon. We would suggest you to try the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

Method 1: Reset Store

You can try resetting Store and see if that works. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open Run dialog box.
    2. Type wsreset and click on OK. A command prompt window will open and reset Store, after this Store will be relaunched automatically.

Method 2: Re-register Store

If resetting Store doesn’t help, we can try re-registering Store and check. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows + X keys together and click on
      Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Now paste the following command and hit Enter:
      Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    3. Restart the PC.

Method 3: New User account

If resetting and re-registering Store doesn’t work, we would suggest you to try creating a new user account and see if the issue persist. Kindly,
    refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 15, 2021
  4. Can't reset or open Microsoft store

Microsoft Store free apps

Hello,

Corrupted system files can cause issues when downloading applications from the Microsoft Store. However, for us to provide you the most appropriate assistance, can you provide us the exact error message that you're getting?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you reset the Microsoft Store cache and try to download applications again. Check out the steps below:

• Press Windows + R keys to open the run command box.

• Type WSReset, then try launching Microsoft Store and sign in.

• Once done, try to download applications.

We'll wait for any updates to assist you further.

Jennifer Bri, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

Can't reset or open Microsoft store

1. Can't reset or open Microsoft store - Similar Threads - Can't reset open

2. Can't open the Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open the Microsoft store: I bought a new PC and the Microsoft store can't open. I tried to run the command on the Windows Powershell, and the following is the response:Get-AppXPackage : Access is denied. Access is denied. At line:1 char:1 + Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach...
  3. Can't open Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open Microsoft Store.: "This app can't open. Check the Windows Store for more information.The problem is that the windows store wont open, it has the same above problem, when I click it it will close immediately!...
  4. Can't open Microsoft Store.

Can't open Microsoft Store.: "This app can't open. Check the Windows Store for more information.The problem is that the windows store wont open, it has the same above problem, when I click it it will close immediately!...
  5. Can't open Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open Microsoft Store?: As of a couple of days ago I can't open Microsoft store or any other apps downloaded from the store. I've tried pretty much every suggestions given, like uninstalling and reinstalling Microsoft store which doesn't seem to work because I keep getting this error message in...
  6. Can't open Microsoft Store?

Can't open Microsoft Store?: As of a couple of days ago I can't open Microsoft store or any other apps downloaded from the store. I've tried pretty much every suggestions given, like uninstalling and reinstalling Microsoft store which doesn't seem to work because I keep getting this error message in...
  7. Microsoft Store Not Opening After Reset Of The Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Not Opening After Reset Of The Microsoft Store: when i reset my microsoft store then i opened microfot store it didnt open and i cant see it on my apps please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-not-opening-after-reset-of-the/16eb962a-e0ec-46bb-9241-aa5f64cc27fa
  8. Can't open MS Microsoft Store after resetting MS Microsoft Store

Can't open MS Microsoft Store after resetting MS Microsoft Store: After I reset the Microsoft Store I couldn't open it and it is still happening now. I also noticed when I went to Apps and features in settings MS Microsoft Store was missing even though MS Microsoft Store was in the start bar but it still won't work in the task bar. When I...
  9. Can't open the Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't open the Microsoft store: I cmsuddenly can't open the Microsoft store. I've tried everything including running codes in powershell, resetting the Microsoft store, creating a new user, etc. submitted by /u/wesl_o1 [link] [comments]...
  10. can't open microsoft store

can't open microsoft store: can't open microsoft store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-microsoft-store/a6f49c4a-5a2e-405b-9df2-f147ece3d891"