Windows 10: Can’t reset PC after being locked out

Discus and support Can’t reset PC after being locked out in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So i got locked out of my laptop because I forgot my password. I cannot reset it because it’s an local account without security questions . I’m running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RealStalingrad, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Can’t reset PC after being locked out

So i got locked out of my laptop because I forgot my password. I cannot reset it because it’s an local account without security questions . I’m running windows 10 and I tried to reset the laptop, but it says I can’t because I need to free up space. How do I do that if I can’t log in? Please help! Thanks.

submitted by /u/RealStalingrad
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RealStalingrad, Jun 18, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jun 18, 2020
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jun 18, 2020
  4. RCoon Win User

Can’t reset PC after being locked out

PC Build Steps

1.1 - Ideally put optical in SATA 0, and SSD in SATA 1, this will cause the optical drive to be the default 1st boot option. You can change it manually if not, but I like it this way
    2.infinity - yes, that's fine. if it's above 70 +/- 5 degrees, then it may just need a repaste/remount

RCoon, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

Can’t reset PC after being locked out

1. Can’t reset PC after being locked out - Similar Threads - Can’t reset being

2. Locked out after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out after reset: I have reset my HP probook G1 and when I have tried to log in to the laptop but it seems that the profile that my computer is trying to log me into has been deleted and I can no longer log in...
  3. Locked out after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out after reset: I have reset my HP probook G1 and when I have tried to log in to the laptop but it seems that the profile that my computer is trying to log me into has been deleted and I can no longer log in...
  4. Locked out after reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Locked out after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out after reset: So, I have had to reset my PC after someone else had access to it. I chose a cloud reinstall of windows 11.It now says 'your pin is no longer available due to a change in the security settings on this device. Click to set up your pin again.When I click on the link, I get the...
  6. Locked out after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out after reset: So, I have had to reset my PC after someone else had access to it. I chose a cloud reinstall of windows 11.It now says 'your pin is no longer available due to a change in the security settings on this device. Click to set up your pin again.When I click on the link, I get the...
  7. Locked out of PC with no way to reset it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Locked out of PC with no way to reset it: When I try to open my user on the lock screen it says my user has been disabled, this is the only user I have on my PC. I searched online and found out I could reset my PC by holding shift while pressing the restart button at the bottom left corner. When I do this and press...
  8. Completely locked out - can’t even reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Completely locked out - can’t even reset: I restarted my computer yesterday and when I entered my PIN it said it was incorrect. I knew it was right and entered it carefully over and over. I spoke to customer service and they helped me reset my password and told me it would likely take overnight to sync. When I tried...
  9. Can’t login to PC after reset

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can’t login to PC after reset: hello, today i reset my pc (while keeping personal data) to remove alot of programs in the hooes my oc would perform better and now it is stuck on the login screen. I put in my microsoft password, it tells me it is incorrect. Ive only used this one but ive reset it anyways...
  10. Locked out my PC by reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locked out my PC by reset: I've been having some GPU problems this week SO I decided to change to on board graphics and reset my PC using Windows diagnostics. However after my computer reset and Windows 10 installed I was greeted at the log in screen with "Other User" which required a username and...