Windows 10: Cant reset pc, cant update, no sound, start button doesnt work.

Discus and support Cant reset pc, cant update, no sound, start button doesnt work. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; About 2 days ago I've encountered a problem with my sound and my start button. Start button has completely stopped working when I left click it. And my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Giancarlo222, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Cant reset pc, cant update, no sound, start button doesnt work.

About 2 days ago I've encountered a problem with my sound and my start button. Start button has completely stopped working when I left click it. And my sound says there are no Audio Devices Installed when I know that they are actually Installed because I haven't touched anything or did anything different. When I go to windows update it says "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes." and under that it says "We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet." The only option I have is to press Retry but pressing that puts me back to the same things that popped up prior to pressing it. I've also tried to fully Reset my PC and it says something around the lines of "We've encountered a problem trying to reset your PC".

Someone please tell me what to do I've watched over 100 YouTube videos and none of them worked... I am completely out of Idea's This computer is only 1 Year Old. I've tried updating drivers, uninstalling, and everything around that line.

:)

Giancarlo222, Dec 24, 2020

2. Reset Button Not Working

Most reset buttons work with a single tap, but have you tried holding it down like one would a main power button?

Frag Maniac, Dec 24, 2020
  3. Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, Dec 24, 2020
  4. Cant reset pc, cant update, no sound, start button doesnt work.

Reset Button Not Working

Hi,
    Exactly what tittle says. That's been bugging me for a while now but I couldn't find any information related to the issue so I just ignored it.
    Today I had to use the button to reset because I messed up doing something and system froze. Well like always before I force shut down I try to reset but it never works.
    This is exactly what happens: I press the reset button then the system pretends to be restarting but it never boots, no beeps no image or anything and thats it.
    Been using power button restart if system freezes.
    Checked the connections in the motherboard and everything is correctly connected.
    Could it be some option in the bios ?

Thanks

DiogoCDS19, Dec 24, 2020
Thema:

Cant reset pc, cant update, no sound, start button doesnt work.

1. Cant reset pc, cant update, no sound, start button doesnt work. - Similar Threads - Cant reset cant

2. start button doesnt work cant open settings either

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start button doesnt work cant open settings either: the start button doesnt work i cant open settings either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-doesnt-work-cant-open-settings-either/120a2805-271f-4e1f-9c34-8020b9387edb
  3. start button doesnt work cant open settings either

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start button doesnt work cant open settings either: the start button doesnt work i cant open settings either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-doesnt-work-cant-open-settings-either/120a2805-271f-4e1f-9c34-8020b9387edb
  4. Cant login and no reset button

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cant login and no reset button: i bought a computer online, it was really good but the seller failed to disclose to me the login. i had to check the serial code to make sure it wasnt stolen its not, hallelujah i was told to do shift+restart -> troubleshoot -> pc reset, but when i do that, there is no...
  5. Cant Reset PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant Reset PC: No matter what i try my pc gives me a error saying it cannot reset pc. I've tried every "Fix" under the moon but the problem persists. Is there any way to brute force reset my pc?...
  6. cant use start button

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cant use start button: cant use start button https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-use-start-button/8be693c6-5926-46ed-8352-bc1546d7d7a6
  7. Cant Reset PC

Cant Reset PC: Hello Today i wanted to reset my PC and when i went to reset this message came [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-reset-pc/99b6f1eb-3462-496b-a5b3-0341b13060fc
  8. Cant Reset PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cant Reset PC: So I've been trying to reset my PC completely and the first time i tried i was brought to the message "there was a problem resetting your PC and no changes were made." After I saw this, I went to troubleshoot. I tried a lot of things such as SFC etc, and every time i try to...
  9. cant update cant restore and trouble shooter doesnt work

cant update cant restore and trouble shooter doesnt work: cant update cant restore and trouble shooter doesnt work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-update-cant-restore-and-trouble-shooter/f13a8a7e-8c7a-4280-b14a-aef9929e9e0e
  10. Cant Reset PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cant Reset PC: Whenever I try and reset my PC it says an error has occurred and just puts me back ive tried most everything i can find on it and dont know what else i can do?...