Windows 10: Can't reset pc/clean install windows on 32gb laptop

Discus and support Can't reset pc/clean install windows on 32gb laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; As I made the mistake of buying a 32gb laptop, I ran out of space quickly and can't free anymore up. I can not update the laptop, it's slow and i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dropkick15, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Can't reset pc/clean install windows on 32gb laptop

As I made the mistake of buying a 32gb laptop, I ran out of space quickly and can't free anymore up.

I can not update the laptop, it's slow and i just wanted a clean install. Well I can't do that either because when I use the Media Creation Tool it tells I need 8gb of space free on the C drive even though I can't free any space(I have nothing but chrome installed) and I have a 16gb usb stick plugged in.

At the moment it's nothing more than a paper weight that won't even let itself be reset because it needs more space than it itself can't free up.

:)

dropkick15, Oct 31, 2018

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Oct 31, 2018
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Cleaning off a Mac Laptop

cleaning it?

Step 1: buy about a half gallon of gasoline.

Step 2: douse laptop in gasoline.

Step 3: toss a burning match onto laptop.

Step 4: watch the fire clense your laptop.

4. Can't reset pc/clean install windows on 32gb laptop

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

Can't reset pc/clean install windows on 32gb laptop

1. Can't reset pc/clean install windows on 32gb laptop - Similar Threads - Can't reset clean

2. Impossible to Reset PC/Clean Install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Impossible to Reset PC/Clean Install: I am going through every method to get the data off this computer so I can send it back for a refund but nothing is working. I am very frustrated. I have tried going through the reset options in settings and every time it says it was not able to so after trying that a couple...
  3. Impossible to Reset PC/Clean Install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Impossible to Reset PC/Clean Install: I am going through every method to get the data off this computer so I can send it back for a refund but nothing is working. I am very frustrated. I have tried going through the reset options in settings and every time it says it was not able to so after trying that a couple...
  4. Can't reset or clean install windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't reset or clean install windows: My dad's laptop has been having a lot of issues lately so I decided to reset it. But every time I try it stops with a "couldn't reset this PC" error. I've tried everything from system file checking to other CMD fixes but it still ended the same way. So I to install windows...
  5. Can't update, reset, or install clean windows

Can't update, reset, or install clean windows: Hello, I have a persisting issue: my computer is unable to update to the Windows 10, version 1909. Each time it starts by downloading the update in Windows Update, then installing, and then my computer requires restart. When I restart the computer, it says installing...
  6. I have a 32gb laptop and can't install windows updates, help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have a 32gb laptop and can't install windows updates, help: I use the laptop to play Minecraft, but Microsoft has upped the version required to play to windows 10 1734, I'm on version 1607. I managed to free enough space for it, but then it got stuck with "attach external storage media and press OK", so I attached a formatted 32gb sd...
  7. Reset PC(cleaning the drive where windows is installed)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reset PC(cleaning the drive where windows is installed): Reset PC(cleaning the drive where windows is installed) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-pccleaning-the-drive-where-windows-is/b634be9c-63bc-4b84-9f5a-72669e591573
  8. Reset or Clean install?

Reset or Clean install?: My brother has a Gateway SX2110G Win10 (x64) desktop that he got from a friend when it was on Windows 8. It’s now on Win10 1703 and runs well but the original owner’s account is still on the computer. I want to reset or clean install so he’s the only account on it. I’m...
  9. Reset This PC doesnt clean install windows 10

Reset This PC doesnt clean install windows 10: I read that Reset This PC does a clean install of windows. I waited hours, and when it completed, I had the same loadout as before, with all the Asus bloatware. So, I read Windows 10 doesn't need a recovery partition anymore. I figured since I had one, Reset This PC loaded...
  10. reset pc vs clean install win10

reset pc vs clean install win10: The reason I'm asking is because clicking the update and security in the windows settings brings up a page with different options where there is one for recovery. Clicking that recovery option opens another page with 3 options on the right - reset this pc; advanced start-up;...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to reset 32gb windows os

2. windows 10 on a 32gb laptop how to reset

3. reset pc with 32gb

4. unable to clean reset 32gb laptop,
  5. reset 32gb laptop,
  6. cant reset 32gb windows 10,
  7. can my 32gb laptop be reset?