Windows 10: can't reset pin due to "account disabled"

Discus and support can't reset pin due to "account disabled" in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So, I tried resetting my pin; but the thing is it says that my account is disabled. So I went into safe mode, and I went to the program to uncheck the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by yahYT, Feb 28, 2019.

1. yahYT Win User

can't reset pin due to "account disabled"

So, I tried resetting my pin; but the thing is it says that my account is disabled. So I went into safe mode, and I went to the program to uncheck the option "Account Disabled". I press apply/ok, but then when I check, it says Account Disabed, and its checked. Any way how to fix this, cause I really don't feel like resetting my computer.

:)

yahYT, Feb 28, 2019

2. Resetting PIN on HP Pavilion 11k102U

Hi,

To reset pin to can follow the below steps:

• Click on the Windows icon in the left-hand corner of your screen, you’ll open up the Start menu. Next click on
      Settings.
    • When the Settings app opens, click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options on the left pane. Under the PIN section, click on the “I forgot my PIN” link.
    • The password reset procedures differ between Microsoft account and local account.
    For Local Account:

• If you’re using a local account, Windows will prompt you to verify your local account password. Enter your password and click OK.
    You’re now prompted to set up PIN again. Enter 4 digit number for your new PIN login and click
    OK. If you want to remove and disable the PIN, click Cancel.

For Microsoft Account:

• If you PIN is for a Microsoft account, you’ll see this confirmation dialog. Click
      Continue to confirm that you really forgot your PIN.
    • Microsoft will send you a security code to validate that you are the owner of the Microsoft account. Enter the recovery email address for verification and click on
      Next.
    • Check your email account and look for a message from Microsoft account team. Copy the security code from the mail and paste it in the Code text box. Click on
      Next.
    • Now you can either set up a new PIN or click Cancel to disable/remove the PIN login completely.
    Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Feb 28, 2019
  3. mafia97 Win User
    Youtube disabled my account, help please

the page where is said account disabled , it also showed a link saying next step is to contact us,
    i ran that link and reported the problem, still no reply

mafia97, Feb 28, 2019
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

1. can't reset pin due to "account disabled" - Similar Threads - can't reset pin

2. Can't reset Pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reset Pin: I can sign into windows with my password, but am unable to change my pin.Instructions say go to settings>account>sign-in options>pinWhen I do, there's no option to change pin.There's a button that says "set up pin".When I click it, it asks to input pin. I tried several...
  3. Can't reset Pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't reset Pin: I can sign into windows with my password, but am unable to change my pin.Instructions say go to settings>account>sign-in options>pinWhen I do, there's no option to change pin.There's a button that says "set up pin".When I click it, it asks to input pin. I tried several...
  4. Can't reset Administrator password due to account not being an administrator account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reset Administrator password due to account not being an administrator account.: I did a reset on my computer to help clear up space and help it run a bit better, but now I'm unable to play anything, as my account is apparently not an administrator account. As such, when I try to do certain things, it asks for the "Administrator password", only problem...
  5. Can't reset Administrator password due to account not being an administrator account.

Can't reset Administrator password due to account not being an administrator account.: I did a reset on my computer to help clear up space and help it run a bit better, but now I'm unable to play anything, as my account is apparently not an administrator account. As such, when I try to do certain things, it asks for the "Administrator password", only problem...
  6. Can't reset Administrator password due to account not being an administrator account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Pin isn't available due to cmos reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin isn't available due to cmos reset: I have an hy envy x360 laptop. My internal battery is damaged and i haven't gotten a new one. When i boot, i get a CMOS checksum error which resets my cmos info and settings. Not only it takes too long to boot, after booting all login method are unavailablefinger print, pin...
  8. Can't login after bios update. Pin disabled and no box to reset pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login after bios update. Pin disabled and no box to reset pin: I updated my bios and now the pin won't work. No dialog box pops up to reset it. I get this error. "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change in security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again" but nothing happens when I click the prompt. I have booted...
  9. Can't login after bios update. Pin disabled and no box to reset pin

Can't login after bios update. Pin disabled and no box to reset pin: I updated my bios and now the pin won't work. No dialog box pops up to reset it. I get this error. "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change in security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again" but nothing happens when I click the prompt. I have booted...
  10. Change in security settings disabled PIN. Can't get into laptop to reset PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change in security settings disabled PIN. Can't get into laptop to reset PIN: PIN no longer available due to a change in security settings on a MS Surface laptop. I am told I have to set up a new PIN but I can't get into the laptop to get to settings and reset the PIN. How am I to do this? This is a refurbished laptop with a new warranty....