Windows 10: cant reset pin

Discus and support cant reset pin in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; everytime I go to sign in to my outlook account, it takes my password then asks me for a pin. i do not remember setting up a pin. when i press on i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/softerthansoftware, Feb 5, 2020.

1. cant reset pin

everytime I go to sign in to my outlook account, it takes my password then asks me for a pin. i do not remember setting up a pin. when i press on i forgot my pin, it tells me to go to Account > settings > signing in options.

so this is what i did. Windows + I, signing in options

first off, under windows hello pin, it says "this option is currently unavailable"

I click on "sorry this PIN isn't working for your organization's ressources. Tap or click here to fix it"

I go to set up a pin using my gmail email address (which is my primary one), it tells me i cant use a personal email address. same for when I try to use my outlook email address.

it makes me use my school email address, i think its because i got office package through school and while signing it up i had to use my schools email address. anyways. it asks me for a pin again that i do not have. when i click on "forgot my pin" it tells me to go to settings > account > signing in options....

this loop is driving me mad!

btw: i am using a Zenbook

submitted by /u/softerthansoftware
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/softerthansoftware, Feb 5, 2020
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

Can't reset my PIN

Hi SQxAe,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Were there any changes made to the operating system recently?
    2. Is the system connected with Wired or wireless connection?

If you are using wireless connection, I suggest you to plug in to the Ethernet cable and try entering the password. I also suggest you to change the Microsoft password by login to
    login.live.com from other device. Try entering the password through
    on-screen keyboard.

I also suggest you to enable build-in admin account using command prompt from WinRE, follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

Step: Enable built-in admin from WinRE.

1. On the login screen click on the power button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
    2. Hold Shift key and click on restart.
    3. Click on Troubleshoot.
    4. Click on Advanced options.
    5. Click on Command Prompt.
    6. Type the command net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter key.
    7. Once logged in to the built in admin account, try changing the current user account password.

If you are unable to change the password for the account, I suggest you to create a new user account. Follow the steps from the article to create a new user account

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

I also suggest you to refer this article on
    PIN sign-in issues
    , and check if that helps.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Feb 5, 2020
  3. JayPhi Win User
    Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

cant reset pin

Windows 10 PIN Sign-in

Hi Pat,

It is possible that the PIN set in an earlier build does not work after reinstalling Windows 10. To better assist you, we'd like clarify few things:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using before reinstalling Windows?
    • Have you tried resetting your PIN?
    • Did you get any error messages after you verified the PIN you entered?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how you can reset your PIN.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

cant reset pin

1. cant reset pin - Similar Threads - cant reset pin

2. Cant reset Windows Hello Pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cant reset Windows Hello Pin: While trying to get in to my Dad's Xbox account, I am being told to enter his Windows Hello Pin, only problem is that he doesnt remember his pin, and it wont allow me to reset it. Any tips?...
  3. Cant reset Windows Hello Pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant reset Windows Hello Pin: While trying to get in to my Dad's Xbox account, I am being told to enter his Windows Hello Pin, only problem is that he doesnt remember his pin, and it wont allow me to reset it. Any tips?...
  4. Cant reset Windows Hello Pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cant Reset forgotten pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant Reset forgotten pin: HI, i recently tried to log in to my account but I quickly found out that to use my account I need my Microsoft pin number which I forgot I'm not signed using the account on any of my windows machines as far as I know and so I haven't found a way to reset it without using...
  6. Cant Reset forgotten pin

Cant Reset forgotten pin: HI, i recently tried to log in to my account but I quickly found out that to use my account I need my Microsoft pin number which I forgot I'm not signed using the account on any of my windows machines as far as I know and so I haven't found a way to reset it without using...
  7. Cant Reset forgotten pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. I forgot my pin and i cant reset it

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I forgot my pin and i cant reset it: So ive been always logging into my computer after a restart with the fingerprint option and it doesnt ask me for anything elseAlthough this time, after ive entered my fingerprint it says "Your PIN is required to sign in", and i dont remember what my pin is, i setted it 2...
  9. Cant reset PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant reset PIN: Hi, I installed windows 11, and now it wont accept my PIN. It says PIN service is not available. I have tried different troubleshooting under Safe Mode but nothing works. Thanks...
  10. Cant reset PIN

Cant reset PIN: Hi, I installed windows 11, and now it wont accept my PIN. It says PIN service is not available. I have tried different troubleshooting under Safe Mode but nothing works. Thanks...