Windows 10: Can't reset system

Discus and support Can't reset system in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Windows 8 HP laptop that was upgraded to Windows 10 a few years ago. I just finally dug it out to play been laying around since 2017some games... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TankGuy827, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Can't reset system

I have a Windows 8 HP laptop that was upgraded to Windows 10 a few years ago. I just finally dug it out to play been laying around since 2017some games and decided to reset it, but it always ended up reverting the changes. Then i tried to reinstall it using media tools and a usb but whenever i launched the tool it never fully launched, only had the windows logo and then did nothing. And now im currently restoring it to a date from 2018 and it has been in system restore on the troubleshooting screen for 3 hours now. Does anyone have any suggestions or help?

:)

TankGuy827, Apr 27, 2020
  2. jmcslob Win User

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Can't reset system :cool:

jmcslob, Apr 27, 2020
  3. jmcslob Win User
    2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, Apr 27, 2020
  4. zbook Win User

Can't reset system

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

Can't reset system

1. Can't reset system - Similar Threads - Can't reset system

2. I can't reset my system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't reset my system: I have tried resetting my system after I update my window 10 home. A whole lot of things have happened since I did that. The max processor speed has been reduced, my system is way slower than I used to, some apps are going bunkers without warning. I have tried resetting it...
  3. System reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System reset: I'm looking to reset my PC, Just wondering if this will reset both C and D drive, or just the C drive? submitted by /u/671_Green_671 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lxo4l5/system_reset/
  4. System Reset

System Reset: I performed a system reset on my PC. Many of my apps were removed. When i try to login on Quickbooks now, it says i cant and that I may need to enable javascript and cookies. Can someone help me with this? Also, how do i get my apps back on there?...
  5. system reset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    system reset: I used Windows media Creation tool to reset my computer but when windows finally loaded I had to wireless adapter and cannot get on line I have tried several times but still no wireless adapter I do not know what happen can any one help me out without going on the internet...
  6. System Reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Reset: Can a USB recovery drive, created from one computer be used to reset another computer that won't start up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-reset/0b86022c-32c0-4cf3-810d-ec48e0978674
  7. CAN'T DELETE FILES AFTER SYSTEM RESET!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CAN'T DELETE FILES AFTER SYSTEM RESET!: I got the infamous black screen with cursor that everyone hates. But this one was stubborn and resisted any solutions I found online. So I gave up and chose system reset with keeping my files. After that everything was looking fine, but I was having issues deleting shortcuts....
  8. system reset

system reset: I no longer have access to one of my accounts on one of my PC's. i have tried to reset my PC to sell to a friend of mine but the reset failed many times. I have two different profiles on the computer, one standard and one administrative account. the admin account i cant...
  9. SYSTEM RESET

SYSTEM RESET: Hi all My laptop updated today and started to go mad moving around all over the place and destroying files. I wasn't even in charge of the mouse so I did a system restore. Does anyone know how long it will take more or less is been a long time since I have done it....
  10. No Boot and can't get to a system reset screen

in Windows 10 Support
    No Boot and can't get to a system reset screen: I crashed on trying to boot the PC. Tried to get to a reset screen but none is made available. It tried to repair itself and failed several times before I gave up. I can't get to restore points or images on the system. I went to my bakup PC and downloaded a Win 10 iso that I...