Windows 10: Can't reset the computer?

Discus and support Can't reset the computer? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Good day! I have the following problem, unfortunately one of my two hard drives broke. This hard disk is a HDD, which should serve my computer as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nixaton, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Nixaton Win User

Can't reset the computer?

Good day!

I have the following problem, unfortunately one of my two hard drives broke. This hard disk is a HDD, which should serve my computer as additional memory. My main hard drive is an SSD, which should contain my entire system. The HDD has the problem that it is recognized by the system, but I cannot access it, so I get the error message "D:\ cannot be accessed. The drive cannot find the requested sector." .

My buddy, who is training to be an IT professional, has therefore concluded that it is probably broken. Of course!

Come on, this is complicated. When I try to disconnect the hard drive from the computer, my system won't boot. My buddy said the hard drive will probably be empty, but even if there was still data on it, I should be able to disconnect it? But it is not possible.

If I start my PC only with the SSD, I constantly land in the Bios. So He advised me to reboot my computer, i.e. to put the hard disk (SSD) in and then to try again to get rid of the hard disk. But this is not possible, because Windows constantly has an error when resetting and therefore aborts the process. This happens with the system internal reset and the CD version.

If I try to reset the computer with the CD without starting Windows, I also fail, because I cannot set a boot sequence in the bios, so my drive is loaded first. However, I can set this if the HDD is also connected.

Last time I tried to simply disconnect the hard drive (HDD) during normal operation, i.e. to disconnect the Sata cable, with success! Well almost. Although I really couldn't access the HDD anymore, it was still displayed to me. If I wanted to access it, Windows told me that it was not connected and that I should check the power supply. Sobalt the computer restarts, I land again in the Bios.

I am completely overwhelmed!

My hardware:

Mainboard: GIGABYTE GA-H11M-S2HPhard drives: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB
    TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 (1TB)

System: Windows 10

If anyone has an idea how I can reboot my computer, please let me know!

MfG.

:)

Nixaton, Jul 28, 2020

2. can't run install file ' these files can't be opened'

thanks, did that, made no difference even tried putting all settings to minimum security.....when I moved the file from the external HD to my c drive it worked, can't think why...

reddwarf4ever, Jul 29, 2020
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Jul 29, 2020
  4. YOU
    You Win User

can't run install file ' these files can't be opened'

How about resetting all of the settings?

(Credit to garydexter for the first portion of these steps)

• Start Internet Explorer.
    • Click Tools, and then click Internet options.
    • Click the Advanced tab.
    • Click the Reset button.

Thema:

1. Can't reset the computer? - Similar Threads - Can't reset computer

2. Can't update or factory reset computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't update or factory reset computer: Recently my computer has failed to update every time it tries to, and it attempts to update every single time I turn it on, each time saying "we couldn't complete the updates, undoing changes".I tried a factory reset and that failed similarly, also with no error code.The...
  3. Can't update or factory reset computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't update or factory reset computer: Recently my computer has failed to update every time it tries to, and it attempts to update every single time I turn it on, each time saying "we couldn't complete the updates, undoing changes".I tried a factory reset and that failed similarly, also with no error code.The...
  4. Can't update or factory reset computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't login to computer and can't reset bitlocker

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't login to computer and can't reset bitlocker: My parents recently bought a new home which included all the furniture. This included the old computer and the previous owner claimed he wiped the computer and left it new for them however he appears to have installed it with bitlocker and we can't do anything with it. They...
  6. Can't login to my account and can't reset my computer.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't login to my account and can't reset my computer.: I have been using my computer like normal, used my pin and everything was fine. That was until I opened up my computer again and the login screen said password. Entered in my pin and it didn't work. I remember creating a password when I first got it years ago, but have not...
  7. Can't reset my computer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't reset my computer.: Hello, i've been sitting here for hours trying to reset my pc with no luck. I've tried everything but i get there was problem resetting your pc every time this is pissing me off nothing works...
  8. I can't factory reset my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't factory reset my computer: my C drive holds 30GB and is full, I have no files on the computer, all 30GB is made up of Intel, Microsoft and AVG, I wanted to factory reset my computer to get a normal disk drive. it says I can't reset my computer without freeing up 4GB, i'm running this computer as an...
  9. Bluescreen can't launch computer or reset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluescreen can't launch computer or reset: Hello, I have a problem, my computer won't start, he's showing a blue screen "critical process died" after bios and windows logo. I tried to reset, uninstall updates, or launch in safe mode but either it says that it's not working either I have a bluescreen. What can I...
  10. Can't reset my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't reset my computer: Hi everyone I have an satellite toshiba and it came with windows 10. The thing is, after several years and several programs I've used for my engneering major, it became really slow. I'm going to get a new one and give this one to my mom, but I can't let her have such a slow...