Windows 10: Can't reset Windows 10 Education for school use

Discus and support Can't reset Windows 10 Education for school use in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just got my laptop that came with Windows 10 Home for school. The school provided instruction's to login my school email on the pc and after that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChadLim1, Apr 10, 2019.

1. ChadLim1 Win User

Can't reset Windows 10 Education for school use

I just got my laptop that came with Windows 10 Home for school. The school provided instruction's to login my school email on the pc and after that restart the pc the window's 10 home became education but they also said to reset the laptop after the restart. However, the laptop just wouldn't want to reset it say's There was a problem resetting your pc. No changes were made. Please help need it for school ASAP.

:)

ChadLim1, Apr 10, 2019

2. Change from Windows 10 Education edition to Windows 10 Professional

Windows 10 Education is an academic edition of Windows 10 used in schools. Features like Cortana are removed because of the environment it is used in.

Windows 10 Pro Education builds on the commercial version of Windows 10 Pro and provides important management controls needed in schools. Windows 10 Pro Education is effectively a variant of Windows 10 Pro that provides education-specific default settings,
    including the removal of Cortana1. These default settings disable tips, tricks and suggestions & Windows Store suggestions.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us...55&MSPPError=-2147217396#windows-10-education

If you want to downgrade to the Windows 10 Pro edition, you will need to perform a clean install and you will need a unique product key to install it. The Windows 10 Pro Edu or Windows 10 Education key will not activate Windows 10 Pro.

If you don't have a license for Windows 10 Pro, you will either need to request it from the institution you got Windows 10 Education; or you will have to purchase a license for Pro, then perform a clean install.

Step 1: Buy Windows 10 Home/Pro

Step 2: How to: Perform a clean install of Windows 10

Andre Da Costa, Apr 10, 2019
  3. ChadLim Win User
    Windows 10 Home became Windows 10 Education after logging/linking into school account on laptop/desktop

Hi,

So I got a laptop for school and it came installed with Windows 10 Home. When I logged into my school account my windows 10 home became a Windows 10 Education after I did q reboot. So is I possible if I can install Windows 10 Home and Windows Education together
    so that I can delete Windows Education after I am no longer in that school without losing my data.

ChadLim, Apr 10, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Windows 10 for Education AMA on August 31st 2017

Source: Save the date: Windows 10 for Education AMA on August 31st Windows for IT Pros

Brink, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't reset Windows 10 Education for school use - Similar Threads - Can't reset Education

2. Can't use chrome during school.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't use chrome during school.: During school time I cannot use the search engine chrome but everyone else can use chrome even though we are on the same wifi all the time. All it does is just load for ever and never load to answer my search.***Moved from Surface / Surface Pro / Surface Pro 8 / Performance...
  3. Can't use chrome during school.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't use chrome during school.: During school time I cannot use the search engine chrome but everyone else can use chrome even though we are on the same wifi all the time. All it does is just load for ever and never load to answer my search.***Moved from Surface / Surface Pro / Surface Pro 8 / Performance...
  4. Microsoft Windows 10 Education Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Windows 10 Education Reset: I recently tried to remove a school domain off my sons old computer so I could use it myself. However, through ‘fiddling’ and changing things in system properties, I can no longer get into Windows and I only get the Administrator window asking for password? As I don’t know...
  5. windows 10 education commercial use

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 education commercial use: hello, can I use windows 10 education for commercial use? like freelancing on it and doing a small job. Note: I had taken this windows 10 education edition from my university....
  6. Can't activate windows 10 Education

Can't activate windows 10 Education: Hi, I can't activate my windows 10 education because I am not connected to an organization server that I don't know of. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-activate-windows-10-education/85799aae-25d4-45d4-b9fb-078ff7a3d571
  7. Windows 10 Education for commercial use?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Education for commercial use?: I have a version of windows 10 Education I got from when I was in college. I know it doesn't expire but I'm doing freelance 3D design work that I may end up selling, so technically commercial use. Is this allowed with Win10 Education? I've googled around but I don't get a...
  8. windows 10 education for at home use

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 education for at home use: is there any way the school can see my device? can they monitor it? control it? see my activity? i know its better than the pro edition, but if the school has any form of connection with the device running education edition, then i will just get home or pro submitted by...
  9. Can't activate windows 10 education

Can't activate windows 10 education: I have a laptop from school which has windows 10 education on it which now requires be to activate it but I can't as I'm no longer at school and are unable to get it activated from or by the school. How can I activate it or how can I change the windows so I am able to...
  10. Windows 10 Education Factory Reset Failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Education Factory Reset Failure: Hi everyone, I'm trying to refresh my windows 10 PC (Education version) but when I try to reset to factory settings I get this error' (Not even an error, it just says this: "There was a problem resetting your PC, no changes were made".) Help me plz 76985