Windows 10: Can't Reset Windows 10 PIN

Discus and support Can't Reset Windows 10 PIN in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I forgot my PIN on the local account. When I click the forgot PIN option. nothing happens. I dont get a pop up to sign in with my password or to reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ToniBrundage, May 31, 2022.

1. Can't Reset Windows 10 PIN

I forgot my PIN on the local account. When I click the forgot PIN option. nothing happens. I dont get a pop up to sign in with my password or to reset the PIN. Please help. My work apps are on that account.

:)

ToniBrundage, May 31, 2022
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 PIN Sign-in

Hi Pat,

It is possible that the PIN set in an earlier build does not work after reinstalling Windows 10. To better assist you, we'd like clarify few things:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using before reinstalling Windows?
    • Have you tried resetting your PIN?
    • Did you get any error messages after you verified the PIN you entered?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how you can reset your PIN.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, May 31, 2022
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Can't reset my PIN

Hi SQxAe,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Were there any changes made to the operating system recently?
    2. Is the system connected with Wired or wireless connection?

If you are using wireless connection, I suggest you to plug in to the Ethernet cable and try entering the password. I also suggest you to change the Microsoft password by login to
    login.live.com from other device. Try entering the password through
    on-screen keyboard.

I also suggest you to enable build-in admin account using command prompt from WinRE, follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

Step: Enable built-in admin from WinRE.

1. On the login screen click on the power button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
    2. Hold Shift key and click on restart.
    3. Click on Troubleshoot.
    4. Click on Advanced options.
    5. Click on Command Prompt.
    6. Type the command net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter key.
    7. Once logged in to the built in admin account, try changing the current user account password.

If you are unable to change the password for the account, I suggest you to create a new user account. Follow the steps from the article to create a new user account

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

I also suggest you to refer this article on
    PIN sign-in issues
    , and check if that helps.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, May 31, 2022
  4. Can't Reset Windows 10 PIN

Can't add or reset Windows 10 sign in Pin

Hi,

For us to narrow down your concern with adding or resetting Windows 10 PIN, we would like to know the following:

• Are you using an administrator access?
    • When you say "no change, no remove, no reset in Windows 10 PIN settings", is it greyed out or the option missing (a screenshot is much appreciated)?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Can you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, May 31, 2022
Thema:

Can't Reset Windows 10 PIN

1. Can't Reset Windows 10 PIN - Similar Threads - Can't Reset PIN

2. Can't reset Pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reset Pin: I can sign into windows with my password, but am unable to change my pin.Instructions say go to settings>account>sign-in options>pinWhen I do, there's no option to change pin.There's a button that says "set up pin".When I click it, it asks to input pin. I tried several...
  3. Can't reset Pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't reset Pin: I can sign into windows with my password, but am unable to change my pin.Instructions say go to settings>account>sign-in options>pinWhen I do, there's no option to change pin.There's a button that says "set up pin".When I click it, it asks to input pin. I tried several...
  4. Can't reset my pin on windows 10

Can't reset my pin on windows 10: I don't remember setting up a pin, but rather used a password. However, the device only has a pin login option. Whenever I try the "forgot my pin" option it just reloads the lock screen. I've tried logging into safe mode, but no help there....
  5. Can't reset my pin on windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't reset my pin on windows 10: I don't remember setting up a pin, but rather used a password. However, the device only has a pin login option. Whenever I try the "forgot my pin" option it just reloads the lock screen. I've tried logging into safe mode, but no help there....
  6. Can't reset my pin on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Can't Reset Windows 10 PIN

Can't Reset Windows 10 PIN: I forgot my PIN on the local account. When I click the forgot PIN option. nothing happens. I dont get a pop up to sign in with my password or to reset the PIN. Please help. My work apps are on that account....
  8. Can't Reset Windows 10 PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't Reset Windows 10 PIN: I forgot my PIN on the local account. When I click the forgot PIN option. nothing happens. I dont get a pop up to sign in with my password or to reset the PIN. Please help. My work apps are on that account....
  9. Can't login to windows 10. No reset pin or reset password option

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't login to windows 10. No reset pin or reset password option: I've been using an older computer at work. I came in this Monday to find that the pin no longer works and we don't know what the password is. I tried changing the window's account's password but it doesn't work. I tried looking for options and came across running the...
  10. Can't reset my PIN

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't reset my PIN: Hey So I turned on my laptop, and it asked me to type my pin to log in. But I've almost never used my pin before, (I always logged in with my password), so I clicked on 'I forgot my PIN'. After I did the steps, this is what it said. [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reset windows 10 pin number cmd safe mode