Windows 10: Can't reset Windows 10 Surface 3 to factory condition - stuck on boot page

Discus and support Can't reset Windows 10 Surface 3 to factory condition - stuck on boot page in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello I have a Microsoft Surface 3 not pro and I am trying to reset to factory condition. I was unable to do it on the computer itself by selecting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AACMAT, Jun 6, 2020.

1. AACMAT Win User

Can't reset Windows 10 Surface 3 to factory condition - stuck on boot page

Hello

I have a Microsoft Surface 3 not pro and I am trying to reset to factory condition. I was unable to do it on the computer itself by selecting reset under security settings, it simply didn't work.

i created on another pc a USB bootable drive as per ms instructions.

I rebooted my surface 3 with the USB in, pressing vol and on button and got the boot screen. Not sure what has happened but I cannot get beyond that.

I enter the option to reinstall windows, 'setup is starting'...., accept licence etc

Then if follow install windows prompts it takes me to 'where do you want to install windows?', options all Drive 0 and 1 unallocated space 2 partition 1, 3 partition 2, 4 unallocated space, 5recovery image.

The error message says Windows can't be installed in any of the ones - I tried them all.

On partition 2 it says I can't install windows because bitlocker drive encryption is enabled..... It seems to suggest I need to suspend/disable in the control panel... but I can't get there as I can't turn the thing on!!

I have correct bitlocker number.

On start up repair I put in the bitlocker number, it diagnoses and my PC but then says start up can't repair it.

If I try and start without any USB in the drive i have trusted platform module enabled, advance device security, kiosk mode, device info, config alt system boot order set to SSD only, but could change to network usb ssd, admin password, or exit

I AM STUCK!! Can anyone please help me? A million thanks in advance

:)

AACMAT, Jun 6, 2020

2. SURFACE PRO 3 RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS PROBLEM

The camera caused a system freeze every time it was activated so I thought why not restore.

• I attempted to reset my Surface Pro 3 to Factory defaults.
    • The Surface Pro made it to 1% then crashed.
    • Now it is in a reboot loop.

I have tried several times and now it gives an "Unable to reset your PC. A required drive partition is missing" error.

Do you have any suggestions on how to make it work again?

ScottPlatt1, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Aaron_Sum Win User
    SURFACE PRO 3 RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS PROBLEM

Hi,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

The error “A required drive partition is missing” usually occurs when you attempt a system reset or refresh in Windows and the MBR or BCD record is corrupted.

I would suggest you to create a recovery drive. You may go through this article on ‘Creating
    and using a USB recovery drive
    ’ to get you through this. Please follow the steps on ‘How to reset your Surface to factory conditions using a downloaded recovery image’ in the same article to get you through the factory reset.

Disclaimer: A reset returns your Surface to its factory settings. It deletes all of your personal files, resets your settings, and removes all apps that you installed.

Hope it helps.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Jun 6, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Can't reset Windows 10 Surface 3 to factory condition - stuck on boot page :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't reset Windows 10 Surface 3 to factory condition - stuck on boot page - Similar Threads - Can't reset Surface

2. Windows 10 stuck on boot after factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 stuck on boot after factory reset: Hello,After a power outage which occurred while the computer was not turned on my GIGABYTE PC failed to boot multiple times, with rapid short beeping. After trying for several hours I managed to get past the POST with a single beep.I was able to use the PC without any issues...
  3. Windows 10 stuck on boot after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 stuck on boot after factory reset: Hello,After a power outage which occurred while the computer was not turned on my GIGABYTE PC failed to boot multiple times, with rapid short beeping. After trying for several hours I managed to get past the POST with a single beep.I was able to use the PC without any issues...
  4. Windows 10 stuck on boot after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Factory Reset Surface 3: stuck in a loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory Reset Surface 3: stuck in a loop: I've completed a factory reset to clear the data off my sons Surface 3.I am now stuck on a loop, there a problem preventing us getting your 9V ready. I can't hard wire to the Internet as no ethernet port but have tried using both my Virgin network and my mesh network and we...
  6. Factory reset stuck and can't boot from usb

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Factory reset stuck and can't boot from usb: Hi! I'm trying to factory reset a laptop that I've had for a few years. It was running windows 7, but when I factory reset it gave an option to change to windows 10 I think windows 10 was included when I bought it. After doing most of the steps it is stuck on the software...
  7. Factory Reset for Surface Pro 3

Factory Reset for Surface Pro 3: My first post, so be gentle! Just got an oldish Surface Pro 3 and I would like to do a 'factory reset' I'm trying to add an attachment [img] If I have uploaded the disk management image correctly, there seem to be more partitions than I was expecting! Would anyone like to...
  8. Factory Reset for Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Support
    Factory Reset for Surface Pro 3: My first post, so be gentle! Just got an oldish Surface Pro 3 and I would like to do a 'factory reset' I'm trying to add an attachment [img] If I have uploaded the disk management image correctly, there seem to be more partitions than I was expecting! Would anyone like to...
  9. Surface Laptop 3 stuck on factory reset

Surface Laptop 3 stuck on factory reset: So, I've been needing to factory reset my laptop because it had issues in internet connection. And I did start factory resetting my laptop last night at 6pm and since then, my laptop has been looping over the restarting circle animation with the Microsoft logo again and...
  10. SURFACE PRO 3 RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS PROBLEM

SURFACE PRO 3 RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS PROBLEM: The camera caused a system freeze every time it was activated so I thought why not restore. I attempted to reset my Surface Pro 3 to Factory defaults. The Surface Pro made it to 1% then crashed. Now it is in a reboot loop. I have tried several times and now it gives...