Windows 10: Can’t reset Windows to factory defaults

Discus and support Can’t reset Windows to factory defaults in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I bought a Lenovo Thinkbook 14s Yoga ITL with Windows 10, and when I received it, it had been already turned on by the seller to install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Cha50, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Cha50 Win User

Can’t reset Windows to factory defaults

Hello,

I bought a Lenovo Thinkbook 14s Yoga ITL with Windows 10, and when I received it, it had been already turned on by the seller to install modifications. I was aware that something like this might happen. Whoever logged into the laptop to install the modifications already went through the setup menu and created a user account. I want to delete this user account and go through the setup menu again on my laptop so I can set it up from factory defaults. I figured that the best way to do that would be to reset the laptop, but every time I try to reset the laptop, it doesn’t work. It always just takes me to this blue menu screen that only has two options: “troubleshoot” or “turn off your pc.” Neither option gives me any sort of reset option, and no matter what I try it always just tells me that the reset failed. How do I reset to factory defaults?

I just want to be able to perform the initial setup on my laptop and have all traces left by the previous person who set it up completely gone. I think the best way to accomplish this is via resetting to factory defaults, but the laptop will not let me do this. If I am wrong, please correct me. What do I do? Thank you in advance.

:)

Cha50, Feb 16, 2021
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Feb 16, 2021
  3. factory reset and at&t apps

Hi,

I have a Samsung focus phone and I recently set it with my old windows live id. I want to change the windows live id now. Looks like its only possible via reseting my phone to factory default setting. However my question is what is factory default setting:

1) Will it erase all personal data, I guess yes

2) Will it also erase AT&T apps which comes with the phone preinstalled. e.g. AT&T FamilyMap, myWireless etc

This is especially important for me to know, as I will change windows live id after reset and as a result I wont be able to restore it from zune.

Regards

Vikas

Vikas Bhardwaj, Feb 16, 2021
  4. Can’t reset Windows to factory defaults

SURFACE PRO 3 RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS PROBLEM

The camera caused a system freeze every time it was activated so I thought why not restore.

• I attempted to reset my Surface Pro 3 to Factory defaults.
    • The Surface Pro made it to 1% then crashed.
    • Now it is in a reboot loop.

I have tried several times and now it gives an "Unable to reset your PC. A required drive partition is missing" error.

Do you have any suggestions on how to make it work again?

ScottPlatt1, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

Can’t reset Windows to factory defaults

1. Can’t reset Windows to factory defaults - Similar Threads - Can’t reset factory

2. I can’t factory reset at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t factory reset at all: Dear Support Team,I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance regarding a persistent issue I’m facing with my computer’s factory reset process. Despite following the recommended steps and trying various reset options, I have been unable to successfully...
  3. I can’t factory reset at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t factory reset at all: Dear Support Team,I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance regarding a persistent issue I’m facing with my computer’s factory reset process. Despite following the recommended steps and trying various reset options, I have been unable to successfully...
  4. Can’t login after windows 11 factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t login after windows 11 factory reset: I system reseted and deleted everything on my hp laptop. When it finished I couldn’t log in because there was a message that said “pin is no longer available due to a change on the security settings on this device.” under the message there was a set up my pin button, I...
  5. Can’t sign into windows 10 after factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can’t sign into windows 10 after factory reset: I have been having trouble signing into windows 10 and so I did a factory reset. Twice. Now I can’t even get out to those options anymore. My computer is stuck in a loop like it’s thinking. I’ve tried the F keys they didn’t work. I tried many other things they haven’t worked....
  6. Windows 10 resetting to factory default - frozen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 resetting to factory default - frozen: Hello, i had to reset my computer back to factory default due to it previously being my work computer and now im using it for personal use. I have done everything correctly, it said it cleaned up my computer 100%, and now its frozen, it just shows the Dell logo on my screen....
  7. Can’t start the system and can’t factory reset

Can’t start the system and can’t factory reset: Recently my pc has had some issues similar to some in the past which I fixed before by just factory resetting the system. This time I got an additional error (bsod) which prevents me from resetting back to factory stats as I cannot boot the device at all (can’t reset it from...
  8. how to reset computer to factory defaults

how to reset computer to factory defaults: I inherited my sister's computer. I would like to start fresh and reset to factory defaults. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-computer-to-factory-defaults/ce82e6cc-8d6b-4fee-b70e-0f6107db0aee
  9. Resetting computer to factory defaults with Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Resetting computer to factory defaults with Windows 10: My computer came with no disks. It is so slow and wont let me do what I need to do and I want to reset it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/resetting-computer-to-factory-defaults-with/97b156be-ae08-4bf4-a744-a3cd0ec43e93
  10. Reset Xbox One to Factory Defaults

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Xbox One to Factory Defaults: How to: Reset Xbox One to Factory Defaults How to Reset Xbox One to Factory Defaults [img] Information There may be times when you may need to completely erase and restore your Xbox One, such as when you sell it or give it to a friend. There may also be times when you...