Windows 10: Cant reset Windows to Stock settings

Discus and support Cant reset Windows to Stock settings in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I forgot my password, when i triad reseting after holding shift, a different screen shows up and There's no option to Enter Advanced settings. I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jakub sz, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Jakub sz Win User

Cant reset Windows to Stock settings

I forgot my password, when i triad reseting after holding shift, a different screen shows up and There's no option to Enter Advanced settings. I can only Enter start settings or uefi. Please help

:)

Jakub sz, Feb 15, 2021
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Feb 15, 2021
  3. The stock messaging app has vanished off my Lumia 640

I did what was suggested, reset the phone to factory settings and did not use any previous back ups. I have done this several times, the stock app does not show up and it is not in the main list when you flick to the right. I can no longer use the phone
    because I cannot receive text messages without this stock app.

The stock app disappeared overnight, it was there, then the next day it was gone...weird but nobody has come up with a solution, Microsoft has just ignored me completely....

Brian MEdwards, Feb 15, 2021
  4. WOT
    WOT Win User

Whea-Logger error coming out of nowhere...PC is at stock settings.

In your original post, you mentioned your CPU goes to 4.5 Ghz, and since your listed CPU is rated to run @3.6 GHz (base) and 4.0 GHz (turbo). I would suggest you turn off any overclocking/turbo functionality and return your CPU to base speed to see if that resolves your issue.

I know you said it is stock but maybe someone went into the BIOS and changed some settings without your knowledge?

Thema:

1. Cant reset Windows to Stock settings - Similar Threads - Cant reset Stock

2. News and Toolbar Settings-Just on a stock ticker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News and Toolbar Settings-Just on a stock ticker: HelloI am trying to set my News and Toolbar settings so it will only display a stock ticker. Does anyone know the best way to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-toolbar-settings-just-on-a-stock-ticker/e89d70b7-0939-4cd3-8718-68b76a1ab84c
  3. News and Toolbar Settings-Just on a stock ticker

in Windows 10 Customization
    News and Toolbar Settings-Just on a stock ticker: HelloI am trying to set my News and Toolbar settings so it will only display a stock ticker. Does anyone know the best way to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-toolbar-settings-just-on-a-stock-ticker/e89d70b7-0939-4cd3-8718-68b76a1ab84c
  4. News and Toolbar Settings-Just on a stock ticker

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. CANT RESET SETTINGS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CANT RESET SETTINGS: i reset my setting but after doing that i entered my previous email which i had and again all the settings, wallpapers remained same i want to reset my settings also! and also more one problem in windows 8 the bootup was fast but in windows10 bootup is very slow...
  6. BSOD after overclocking and then returning to stock settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after overclocking and then returning to stock settings: Windows version 1909. I overclocked by 2600k a while back, then it started blue screening so I revert all the changes but bluescreens are very common now, though only when I'm not present at the machine it seems. Best Craig DESKTOP-LAERGN0-(2020-03-11_11-09-42).zip...
  7. Multiple BSODs when stress testing on stock settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSODs when stress testing on stock settings: Hey all, I keep getting BSODs as soon as I start a stress test on stock settings as well on my previous stable overclock. I was able to perform these tests when I built the system back in March, but I upgraded my cooling to a custom loop and wanted to see the difference it...
  8. Window 10 is not updated and cant reset to factory setting

Window 10 is not updated and cant reset to factory setting: This is very weird, I just bought a brand new Alienware 17R4 3 days ago. After several window updates, face recognition is not working anymore (worked perfectly at first). I read the instruction which lead me to reset my computer to factory setting. However, after 10 hrs (...
  9. Will resetting Windows 10 to factory settings if 7 was the stock OS reset it to 7 or 10?

Will resetting Windows 10 to factory settings if 7 was the stock OS reset it to 7 or 10?: I am considering buying a refurbished laptop from Amazon. The OS that was installed when the laptop was new was Windows 7, but the owner upgraded it to 10. If I bought it, I would probably wipe the drive for a clean slate. Would going to settings and reset this PC and...
  10. Windows cant reset

Windows cant reset: [ATTACH]windows cant reset, when i press continue nothing happened and always get back to this option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-cant-reset/98d4ca33-9f29-4982-852d-d1059dc06b70