Windows 10: Can't Reset Windows

Discus and support Can't Reset Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; As the title suggests, I can't reset Windows. I was told that chances are it's because of my buggy insider build, but when I try to opt out of insider... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by strider, Jul 16, 2016.

1. strider Win User

Can't Reset Windows

As the title suggests, I can't reset Windows. I was told that chances are it's because of my buggy insider build, but when I try to opt out of insider builds the button is greyed out and there is orange text at the top saying "Some settings are managed by your organization.". This is a home PC.
    Any ideas? I really just need to reset my PC and get it working again ASAP. Would mean so much to me if someone could help me fix this.

Thanks so much.

:)

strider, Jul 16, 2016

2. Windows update Issue

I disabled my anti virus and some how the update was installed. I am not sure if this is antivirus related issue.

Anyway thank you all for your suggestion and help.

Reset Resolution, Jul 16, 2016
  3. Windows update Issue

My windows 10 system tries to update the following update

"Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4013429)"

But when i restart my windows, it gets hang with message like "windows is preparing... do not shutdown your system". I waited long time for it to complete but it remained hanged and I had to force shutdown my system. I already faced this issue 2 times. Why
    the system is getting hang during the update.

My update status keep giving me message as Updates are available for "Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4013429)" but fails to get install. why?

Help please.

Reset Resolution, Jul 16, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Can't Reset Windows

Brink, Jul 16, 2016
  5. strider Win User
    I really appreciate the reply. However, I'd rather not do a clean install as I'm borrowing an external harddrive and it doesn't have enough space for me to back everything up. If I have to I will, but I'd far rather just reset it so it keeps my files.

Any ideas as to how to achieve that?

strider, Jul 16, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 16, 2016
  7. strider Win User
    I think I'm just going to reinstall, however I can't figure out how I want partitioning to go.

I have a 500mb System Reserved partition set up with 147mb free, and I also have a 931gb partition set up with 208.1gb free. The first one has 'System' under type and the other 'Primary'. How does this work? Should I format both?

strider, Jul 16, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Can't Reset Windows

If you wanted to clean install, you could delete all partitions on the Windows disk first until "unallocated", then select to install Windows 10 to the "unallocated" disk. Windows Setup will automatically setup the partitions for you.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Can't Reset Windows

1. Can't Reset Windows - Similar Threads - Can't Reset

2. Windows 11 doesn't work for my computer and can't reset to windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 doesn't work for my computer and can't reset to windows 10: I have a windows 11 computer and wanted to revert back to windows 10 however, I can not degrade from windows 11 to 10 manually. I tried using the media creation tool to make a new windows 10 point but it would not work. Can someone please help me?...
  3. Windows 11 doesn't work for my computer and can't reset to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 doesn't work for my computer and can't reset to windows 10: I have a windows 11 computer and wanted to revert back to windows 10 however, I can not degrade from windows 11 to 10 manually. I tried using the media creation tool to make a new windows 10 point but it would not work. Can someone please help me?...
  4. Windows 11 doesn't work for my computer and can't reset to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to factory reset a Windows service laptop if it has a bios lock and you can't access...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to factory reset a Windows service laptop if it has a bios lock and you can't access...: I bought a laptop that has has a bios lock and I can't access the security tab to disable it for a windows service laptop. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-factory-reset-a-windows-service-laptop-if/1fff713a-c794-4833-bfbd-12e5ce35cf4e
  6. How to factory reset a Windows service laptop if it has a bios lock and you can't access...

How to factory reset a Windows service laptop if it has a bios lock and you can't access...: I bought a laptop that has has a bios lock and I can't access the security tab to disable it for a windows service laptop. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-factory-reset-a-windows-service-laptop-if/1fff713a-c794-4833-bfbd-12e5ce35cf4e
  7. I can't find microsoft store after resetting my pc

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't find microsoft store after resetting my pc: I need help concerning microsoft store on my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-microsoft-store-after-resetting-my-pc/e7d10314-7bf7-48fc-bdbc-81fea96c42cd
  8. I can't find microsoft store after resetting my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't find microsoft store after resetting my pc: I need help concerning microsoft store on my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-microsoft-store-after-resetting-my-pc/e7d10314-7bf7-48fc-bdbc-81fea96c42cd
  9. I can't find microsoft store after resetting my pc

10. My computer can't find my user profile after reset.

My computer can't find my user profile after reset.: I try to log in and it tells me I have to reset my pin. I click on that and a blue screen pops up saying Windows can't find my user profile. Can't use the back-up or emergency disc....