Windows 10: Can't reset windows

Discus and support Can't reset windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So, a while ago I picked up a nasty virus. It's a bitcoin miner that uses my computers resources to mine for bitcoin data and send it to someone else.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Seriss2012, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Can't reset windows

So, a while ago I picked up a nasty virus. It's a bitcoin miner that uses my computers resources to mine for bitcoin data and send it to someone else. No anti virus programs can find it, and I can do nothing about it. MalwareBytes is able to block the website itself from receiving the data, so that's cool.

The other issue that this virus poses is that it prevents me from rebooting in safe mode, going to a recovery point, or resetting windows 10. I click on the buttons in the settings, and nothing happens. I need to start over, as that's the only solution I've found that will remove this virus from my life. I've backed up all the files I want to keep on a cloud, I just need to know how to start.

:)

Seriss2012, Jan 14, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 14, 2021
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jan 14, 2021
  4. newfellow Win User

Can't reset windows

How to reset whole netsh? (Windows 7)

Was wondering has the commands changed somehow since on Windows XP and on Windows Vista 'NETSH INT RESET ALL' cleaned entire netsh up from top to bottom.

Now on Windows 7 this same command says no go and only way I can see it is by building .cmd/.bat which does something like:

Code: netsh winsock reset all netsh int 6to4 reset all netsh int ipv4 reset all netsh int ipv6 reset all netsh int httpstunnel reset all netsh int isatap reset all netsh int portproxy reset all netsh int tcp reset all netsh int teredo reset all[/quote] now the king of the hill of bugs is this doesn't actually do even it's job even after reboot. values setup to are not reset to defaults. (I know I could add more entire list of entries there is, but looking for clean delete/wipe settings & default everything not to dump entire list of resets.)

So, anyone got a plan B?

newfellow, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Can't reset windows

1. Can't reset windows - Similar Threads - Can't reset

2. Can't reinstall windows 10 i bought to my reset computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reinstall windows 10 i bought to my reset computer: I ordered windows 10 in August of 2021 and installed it on my computer from the email link they sent me. I recently had my computer mess up so bad out of the blue, that I had to reset it completely. I now need to reinstall the windows 10 but when I try to used the file from...
  3. Can't reinstall windows 10 i bought to my reset computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't reinstall windows 10 i bought to my reset computer: I ordered windows 10 in August of 2021 and installed it on my computer from the email link they sent me. I recently had my computer mess up so bad out of the blue, that I had to reset it completely. I now need to reinstall the windows 10 but when I try to used the file from...
  4. Can't reinstall windows 10 i bought to my reset computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can't reset PIN because iit's not in the list?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't reset PIN because iit's not in the list?: For my personal account, I do not remember my Hello pin and do not recall setting it up. I have tried multiple times to reset it. There is no Hello Pin in the list of all the ways I have set up to access my account. But I keep being asked for the Pin. If it isn't in the list,...
  6. Can't reset PIN because iit's not in the list?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reset PIN because iit's not in the list?: For my personal account, I do not remember my Hello pin and do not recall setting it up. I have tried multiple times to reset it. There is no Hello Pin in the list of all the ways I have set up to access my account. But I keep being asked for the Pin. If it isn't in the list,...
  7. Can't reset PIN because iit's not in the list?

8. Reset PC failed, can't sign in to profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset PC failed, can't sign in to profile: Reset PC failed, can't sign in to profile.Hello, I just recently tried to reset my PC using the windows default option, but while trying to reset, it stopped and my PC restarted and brought me to the sign in page for my user profile which I input my PIN in then it shows "The...
  9. Reset PC failed, can't sign in to profile

Reset PC failed, can't sign in to profile: Reset PC failed, can't sign in to profile.Hello, I just recently tried to reset my PC using the windows default option, but while trying to reset, it stopped and my PC restarted and brought me to the sign in page for my user profile which I input my PIN in then it shows "The...
  10. Reset PC failed, can't sign in to profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade