Windows 10: Can't resize any windows to anything other than full screen

Discus and support Can't resize any windows to anything other than full screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My mom is running Windows 10 Home on a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 and she can't resize any windows with the corner, 90% of her windows don't have a resize... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/amberaurelia, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Can't resize any windows to anything other than full screen

My mom is running Windows 10 Home on a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 and she can't resize any windows with the corner, 90% of her windows don't have a resize button, and she can only snap left and right with windows. I've messed with all the settings I can think of and nothing has fixed her issues. She hasn't installed the 20H2 Update yet. I'm having her do that now. Any tips or ideas?

submitted by /u/amberaurelia
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/amberaurelia, Dec 21, 2020
  2. John Vil Win User

moving and resizing

Hi Bob,

There may be several reasons why you are unable to resize or move applications after installing an update. To better assist you with your concern, we would like you to answer the questions below:

• Does it happen only on one application?
    • Which application are you having issues resizing or moving?

In the meantime, we suggest you to run the Windows 10 troubleshooter. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter
    Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Dec 21, 2020
  3. resizing photos in windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to use the Photo Gallery and check if you are able to resize the photos.

Please follow the below steps.

• Open Photo Gallery

• Navigate to the folder where the photos are.

• Select the photos

• Select the 'Edit' tab

• Select Resize

I hope the information helps. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Dec 21, 2020
  4. Can't resize any windows to anything other than full screen

Cannot resize the calculator and cannot move it when it is open on screen

Hi Paul,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with resizing Calculator on Start menu, do let us know how exactly are you trying to do so?

As a workaround if you are trying to resize the Calculator on Start menu, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Steps to pin Calculator to Start menu and Resize it:

• Press Windows key, click on All apps, and right click on
      Calculator.
    • Click on Pin to Start (If not yet pinned), now right click on the tile for
      Calculator on click on Resize.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Also, try to access the Calculator from safe mode and check if the issue persists.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Hope it help. Feel free to contact us for further assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

Can't resize any windows to anything other than full screen

1. Can't resize any windows to anything other than full screen - Similar Threads - Can't resize anything

2. Is there any other software than utorrent?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is there any other software than utorrent?: uTorrent is not a safe software for downloading movies. I searched for similar apps in Microsoft store but they aren't operable. They are too unstable to operate. Is there any other apps than utorrent to download movies and games?...
  3. Resize Windows 10 full screen application

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resize Windows 10 full screen application: Hi - I have a media streaming application IPTV Smarters Player which will only run in full screen mode - so it always takes up a complete monitor when it is playing, I have checked and changed the various properties on Window sizes but nothing changes its behaviour. I even...
  4. Computer won't do anything other than

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer won't do anything other than: Helping a friend with his laptop ! When it starts up it goes to the 4 blue windows in the middle of screen with a bunch of dots spinning, then it flashes "attempting to recover installation" then it flashes "Undo changes to this computer" ! Any thoughts on this ?? Thanks...
  5. Resize from full screen

Resize from full screen: The full screen icon doesn't seem to work anymore since last update. Use to be able to look at multiple screens and can nolonger do that-any fixs would be helpful https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resize-from-full-screen/bd853ca1-7fa2-455b-9bf8-a108f09e8ff7
  6. resizing window...stuck in full screen view

resizing window...stuck in full screen view: Windows 10. I can only minimise a window to an icon or max it to full screen...no in between https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resizing-windowstuck-in-full-screen-view/9a2d1ae3-f0c6-4db0-8da6-f7fbecfbfe01
  7. Can't Access Anything Other than Internet

Can't Access Anything Other than Internet: I can't access any programs except Google which is on my desktop or task manager. When I click on the windows button nothing happens. Also I can't type in the "type to search" area. I have Webroot installed and McAfee which I supposedly uninstalled but is still popping up....
  8. Windows Resizing After Full Screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows Resizing After Full Screen: After I exit certain games that operate in full screen mode, the surrounding window sizes of other applications (such as Windows Explorer) are drastically reduced, forcing me to manually resize them. I have an HP Omen desktop with a Nvidia GTX 1060 graphics card, connected...
  9. Windows Automatically Resizing After Full Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Automatically Resizing After Full Screen: After I exit certain games that operate in full screen mode, the surrounding window sizes of other applications (such as Windows Explorer) are drastically reduced, forcing me to manually resize them. I have an HP Omen desktop with a Nvidia GTX 1060 graphics card, connected...
  10. Can't use any other browser than Edge.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't use any other browser than Edge.: Hey guys! everything was fine with windows 10 since the beginning , except since last week. I cant connect to the internet with chrome or any other application using the internet ( steam, league of legends etc). I did some research but couldn't find something that worked....