Windows 10: Can't resize/maximize window

Discus and support Can't resize/maximize window in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey there. I wanted to make a game GTA IV run in windowed mode the game runs in fullscreen mode and there is no option within the game's settings to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by shiftadvance, Jan 23, 2022.

1. Can't resize/maximize window

Hey there. I wanted to make a game GTA IV run in windowed mode the game runs in fullscreen mode and there is no option within the game's settings to change the mode as I often switch between windows. I added the line "-windowed" without quotations to a command line file inside the game folder and I successfully got the game to run in windowed mode. However, I'm not able to resize the window to my liking and I cannot maximize the window as the "maximize window" button doesn't show up in the title bar. I mostly just want to maximize the window not fullscreen, just maximize the window so

:)

shiftadvance, Jan 23, 2022
  2. MBG
    MBG Win User

Can't resize apps except to minimize or maximize

A few days ago, the windows for my apps stopped allowing me to resize them. I can minimize or maximize the windows, but nothing in between.

3. John Vil Win User
    moving and resizing

Hi Bob,

There may be several reasons why you are unable to resize or move applications after installing an update. To better assist you with your concern, we would like you to answer the questions below:

• Does it happen only on one application?
    • Which application are you having issues resizing or moving?

In the meantime, we suggest you to run the Windows 10 troubleshooter. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter
    Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Jan 23, 2022
  4. Can't resize/maximize window

Windows are not "really" maximized after waking.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

Please follow the steps and check.

1)Close the window by selecting File > Exit

2) Resize the SECOND window by dragging the sides to the desired view. DO NOT click on the "maximize window"

3) Close this resized window by selecting File > Exit

4) Open up File explorer again and in future it should open up in a full maximized window.

Also update all the display drivers from the manufacturer's website and check.

Hope this helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Jan 23, 2022
Thema:

Can't resize/maximize window

1. Can't resize/maximize window - Similar Threads - Can't resize maximize

2. Auto maximize and resize by itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto maximize and resize by itself.: Hi,My device is Asus E200HA notebook. The problem I'm facing is when I open a folder or any other program, the window starts to maximize and resize by itself very fast. It doesn't stop until I close the program. Another problem is when I open a folder it goes Fullscreen by...
  3. Auto maximize and resize by itself.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto maximize and resize by itself.: Hi,My device is Asus E200HA notebook. The problem I'm facing is when I open a folder or any other program, the window starts to maximize and resize by itself very fast. It doesn't stop until I close the program. Another problem is when I open a folder it goes Fullscreen by...
  4. Auto maximize and resize by itself.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can't resize/maximize window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't resize/maximize window: Hey there. I wanted to make a game GTA IV run in windowed mode the game runs in fullscreen mode and there is no option within the game's settings to change the mode as I often switch between windows. I added the line "-windowed" without quotations to a command line file...
  6. Can't resize/maximize window

Can't resize/maximize window: Hey there. I wanted to make a game GTA IV run in windowed mode the game runs in fullscreen mode and there is no option within the game's settings to change the mode as I often switch between windows. I added the line "-windowed" without quotations to a command line file...
  7. Can't resize/maximize window

8. Chrome resizing when I maximize the window, unusable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chrome resizing when I maximize the window, unusable: I have been encountering a bizarre problem with Google Chrome where the window shrinks when I maximize it from the taskbar. The window gains a weird colored outline, or the title bar turns invisible on the top of screen and has an outline of the min/max/close buttons. I'm...
  9. Can't resize apps except to minimize or maximize

Can't resize apps except to minimize or maximize: A few days ago, the windows for my apps stopped allowing me to resize them. I can minimize or maximize the windows, but nothing in between. 21014
  10. How to resize and/or maximize window (Bitnami Wordpress Stack)

in Windows 10 Support
    How to resize and/or maximize window (Bitnami Wordpress Stack): Today I installed Bitnami on my desktop pc but the application wont resize or maximize. I've been looking over lots and lots of forum topics on all kind of forums but i can't find a solution. Tried all kinds of hotkeys, windowed startup command in target etc. I'm using 2...